The 100 on CW

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Dichen Lachman, "Anya" if you must, has moved her talents over to "The Last Ship" where she portrays "Jesse". I don't follow the show so I have no idea when or where, or what she does.

Anya was awesome. Much better than lexa (who was killed off the 100) to be on the complete and utter dreck that is Fear The Walking dead, playing a useless appendix. In FTWD, she is a pimple. In The 100 she was a Commander of the Grounders. My how the mighty have fallen!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and actually much more then that

the "commander" is not just a tribal position, but kind of a larger "regional" thing..above Queens and Kings

to say more would be to spoil :)

Okay, I'm done with season 2.

Wow...such flooring of the gas pedal in the final three episodes, and a two-part season finale?! The Grounder betrayal, Clarke and her solution to the Mount Weather problem, all the shipping and ending the season with Alie. WOW! I love this show. For the past three days, I just come home from work and fix my dinner and watch one episode after the other until time for bed. :) I have time for the first episode of season 3, but I can save that until tomorrow. I am glad this show is still current and has a future. It may be the most watchable scifi show on the air at the moment. It's now missing the space element though . :(

This gets right what Falling Skies, Terra Nova and Jericho got wrong.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Season 3 has become very very dark and violent and tribal. It now feels like Mad Max combined with Xena and Lord of the Rings Lite.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There is a character coming up at the end that will leave "Lexa" in the dust.

Try to give us a hint as to where you are.

Well, Pike just became Chancellor (I don't like him), Alie has Jakku and Murphy is still resisting. Pike has diissolved the binding of the 13th clan, but Lexa does not yet know this. I am just getting ready for season 3, episode 5 Hakeldama. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There is a character coming up at the end that will leave "Lexa" in the dust.

Try to give us a hint as to where you are.

Oh my...Alie's chip was taken from Lexa's body, and the whole story of Polis is being filled in. AWESOME! It fits in this and it is not a trope. :) I swallowed the story of the Polaris Station and it resisting joining the 12 stations. I like the way the Grounder history makes sense when you think about how Alie landed right after the war (the human). You can see why there is a mythology of the 12 tribes amongst the Grounders, and it explains why the tower of Polis is the capital. AWESOME!

I really hate Pike. I hope they kill him off soon.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
More than halfway through season 3 and this show is still absolutely AWESOME! One thing about it is that you really can't just jump in at any time. You have to see it from the beginning in order to understand the characters and their roles. If one does that, this thing approaches epic in nature. So well written. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Alie's chip was taken from Lexa's body

the "commander chip" or the "Heda chip/soul" or ALIE 2

makes sense when you think about how Alie landed right after the war (the human)

her name was Rebecca Promheda--where the grounders get the "heda" title for their leader. they also got the "commander" title from the flight suit she was wearing

i hope we get even more backstory in s4. see how Becca managed to "tame" those ppl she did find and begin to get them organised in the midst of the after nuke war effects. And show just exactly how she managed to transfer-genetically-her 'commander's blood' (required to survive the commander chip install to the CNS) to grounders-or a part of them.

and that gives me a question i have been wondering about (and has been a part of a recurring theme in many post nuke apocalyptic films/shows):

we know the grounders are descendants of the survivors who were "exposed (vs ppl like those in the mountain who had no resilience to the rad effects because of their being underground)". and of course, the ark ppl have tolerance to rad levels because of their being born and raised in orbit.

so the science part--just how is it that some ppl on the ground did survive? it seems as though the ppl (the ones that Becca encountered) were in the remains of a city, pre-Polis city, and were also suffering heavy after effects and fallout,etc. So how is it, some ppl would have survived and others did not? Is the show suggesting that perhaps some humans are more genetically fit to survive such a war?

i am guessing that the writers-despite their good job so far-will just avoid this question

--------

I will assume that once you have read this you will be pretty much done with s3, so i won't be so worried about spoiling things :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Oh my...Alie's chip was taken from Lexa's body, and the whole story of Polis is being filled in. AWESOME! It fits in this and it is not a trope. :) I swallowed the story of the Polaris Station and it resisting joining the 12 stations. I like the way the Grounder history makes sense when you think about how Alie landed right after the war (the human). You can see why there is a mythology of the 12 tribes amongst the Grounders, and it explains why the tower of Polis is the capital. AWESOME!

I really hate Pike. I hope they kill him off soon.

I was hoping that the children from Mount Weather survived, but I guess they didn't want to go in that direction.

Chancellor Jaha was a pain in the first two seasons. I guess Pike and that enabler Hannah has taken over that role.

I am trying to ignore some of the writing in the hope that The 100 will truly blossom in the fourth season.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was hoping that the children from Mount Weather survived, but I guess they didn't want to go in that direction.

Chancellor Jaha was a pain in the first two seasons. I guess Pike and that enabler Hannah has taken over that role.

I am trying to ignore some of the writing in the hope that The 100 will truly blossom in the fourth season.

I have three episodes to go before it's over. It looks like Alie is going to get destroyed, which is good. Still, what of the other AI? I am not liking the new Commander or Murphy being a part of that. In fact, I am not sure why Murphy is still in this show. They could have killed him off. I'll finish this season and then I will be where you guys are in the show. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Still, what of the other AI?

to me, other then the info contained in the various stations that have come down--remember there are others--and the ones still in orbit (such as the one Alie transferred to), the "commander chip" may be the only remaining source of human knowledge and history, tech know how, etc. not to mention previous cdr's knowledge and avatars.

I see it that the "commanders ppl/12 tribes",even though they seemed regressed/primitive, they were still given enough knowledge to grow food and manage rudimentary technology as well as a standard language and writing system.

even though it has not been openly said in the show, i believe that Rebecca Promheda (we saw her say she made the 2nd ai to help humanity survive) programmed the chip with this knowledge along with the abilities to be an active chip to give the embedded cdr knowledge (on tap so to speak) and authority that no other had.

as such, we see it has become an object of deep veneration, even a religious icon. i don't see it getting destroyed.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OH WOW!!!!

The two-part finale for season 3 was AWESOME! I think they stretched out the kill switch thing, but I was on the edge of my seat, yelling "PULL THE F***ING SWITCH ALREADY!" When Alie died, that was satisfying enough, but then the bonus of Octavia running Pike through in vengeance was a cherry on top. :) I am not understanding why the nuclear power plants are melting down. And if that is happening, I don't see anything they can do about that unless they have some VERY high tech in order to remediate it. There are other stations still in orbit, and there are hundreds of bunkers in many nations worldwide. I am not sure I see a logical place to take this story unless they bring aliens into it....

There is still Alie2 in the Flame. If they find another nightblood, they can implant it. I also remember distinctly that Dr Pomheda was injecting herself with the black blood on the Polaris station before she jettisoned. She had a package of injectors she took with her in her escape pod. If they find that package, they could become nightbloods and perhaps use Alie2 to figure out a way to fix the reactors?

What about the Grounders and the 13 clans? There is no more Commander. Season 4 is going to be difficult. Perhaps the writers figured that the series woul;d not go 4 seasons? Alie was the reason there was a nuclear holocaust in the first place. The death of Alie SHOULD have been the end of the story. Now all we have left is struggles and apologies and more tribal angst to resolve.

Last edited:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Don't forget that "Luna" is out and about. A leader with common sense might be valuable in the years ahead.

Unless the writers turn into lunatics and leave her out on that oil rig of hers.

Octavia had a chance to lop off the head of Hannah and did a 360 by saving the boy, or was that a girl?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don't see anything they can do about that unless they have some VERY high tech in order to remediate it

perhaps it was one last lie ALIE told to get Clarke to listen to her? trying to use tech-logic to convince her when she and Jaha had already tried and failed with clarke's emotions?

where can they go with it now? they could try a similar route to what THE LAST SHIP is doing now

no longer about any last ship or a plague, but it is now becoming a geo-political, post (semi) apocalyptic thriller

they could have the ark survivors coming together to lead the grounder population? they are only regional (in s1 i think they were trying to convey they were on the east coast, but now i think they have given that up). the area they have shown them operating in can be no larger then say southern cali.

a lot of planet out there yet--and potentially more 'mt weathers' and other , non aligned, grounder communities who survived without Promheda tech

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
perhaps it was one last lie ALIE told to get Clarke to listen to her? trying to use tech-logic to convince her when she and Jaha had already tried and failed with clarke's emotions?

where can they go with it now? they could try a similar route to what THE LAST SHIP is doing now

no longer about any last ship or a plague, but it is now becoming a geo-political, post (semi) apocalyptic thriller

they could have the ark survivors coming together to lead the grounder population? they are only regional (in s1 i think they were trying to convey they were on the east coast, but now i think they have given that up). the area they have shown them operating in can be no larger then say southern cali.

a lot of planet out there yet--and potentially more 'mt weathers' and other , non aligned, grounder communities who survived without Promheda tech

Even Promheda tech cannot neutralize nuclear fuel. It is beyond any of the tech I have seen in the 100 to remediate a failing reactor. You can remove the fuel or somehow spread it out to prevent the fuel from interacting with itself like it would in a reactor chamber with rods. You can't just pour something on the reactors, or get Raven on it. Even the AI can't just calculate that away.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Even Promheda tech cannot neutralize nuclear fuel. It is beyond any of the tech I have seen in the 100 to remediate a failing reactor. You can remove the fuel or somehow spread it out to prevent the fuel from interacting with itself like it would in a reactor chamber with rods. You can't just pour something on the reactors, or get Raven on it. Even the AI can't just calculate that away.

exactly--i am suggesting that alie was just lying to get Clarke to not "kill her"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
exactly--i am suggesting that alie was just lying to get Clarke to not "kill her"

Perhaps...Alie learned to lie very quickly.