The 100 on CW

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Exactly. Kodi is not an aggregator of data it is a platform. It is some of the repositories that make addons to Kodi that have the stuff. And the XBMC Foundation has been pretty public in advising people both not to use such addons and that as Kodi is an open platform they are not parties to those addons.

It is most likely that the URLs which lead to the addin repositories will be killed using AI (most likely a live Kodi install), and it will work against itself. The UK is clamping down on Kodi. However, that would only kill the auto updating part of Kodi. The addins could easily be downloaded and dropped into the addin directory. Antivirus could be updated to search that directory. They have ways to kill Kodi. But right now they are not going after it. I am enjoying it for as long as I can. It is my portal to new TV shows. I am binging The 100 Season 4 right now. I see 5 episodes to watch.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Season 4 is the most intense yet. Probably the best so far. I am 6 episodes in, and this thing just has me on solid binge mode. Watching on Kodi. :) I can't say much since just about everything is a spoiler.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Season 4 is the most intense yet. Probably the best so far. I am 6 episodes in, and this thing just has me on solid binge mode. Watching on Kodi. :) I can't say much since just about everything is a spoiler.

the only thing i don't like-actually just irritating-is all the 'roadblocks' they are encountering to getting their solution

it is obv drama creation over small things that are distracting

i would like to see the plot move a bit faster

but it is still very good, probably it and THE EXPANSE are, to me, the most interesting things on TV right now

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show is the best I can think of as making a case for drama with a scifi foundation. This one does not at all try to do drama and call itself science fiction. It is first and foremost a drama and presents itself as such. The backdrop is post apocalyptic, but they did it right (unlike Falling Skies). The cast is well balanced and the characters are polished and consistent. Falling Skies could have pulled itself off if it had been as well thought out as this one is. But this ensemble is not really family centered like Falling Skies, even though there is the mother and daughter and brother and sister and love interest thing going on.

Having said that, this fourth season is it's best so far.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This show is the best I can think of as making a case for drama with a scifi foundation. This one does not at all try to do drama and call itself science fiction. It is first and foremost a drama and presents itself as such. The backdrop is post apocalyptic, but they did it right (unlike Falling Skies). The cast is well balanced and the characters are polished and consistent. Falling Skies could have pulled itself off if it had been as well thought out as this one is. But this ensemble is not really family centered like Falling Skies, even though there is the mother and daughter and brother and sister and love interest thing going on.

Having said that, this fourth season is it's best so far.

it is sci fi/drama--or dramatic sci fi :), that involves families and relationships and acknowledges that these kinds of relationships are going to happen in nearly any situation ppl find themselves in

but the relationships are not the focus and the focus on the story does not blot out relationships

it is very good balance

-----------------------------------------------------
so its looking as if those christian/new age survivalists just may be the forefathers of the grounders. remember when they showed Becca landing, we saw her surrounded by ppl in hazmat suits? this was in what would become Polis, where we now know the main bunker was

and though simple in it 'mechanics'. really liked the way they had Emori set up that burglar dude as the big baddie so that the team would sacrifice him in the radiation cooker instead of her.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
one of the drawbacks of watching stuff on amazon or elsewhere other then live tv is that you do not get notice of season mid breaks. so when my e9 of the 100 didn't come up on my amazon que, then i went a hunting on the web to see what was up

it will be back apr 26

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
it is sci fi/drama--or dramatic sci fi :), that involves families and relationships and acknowledges that these kinds of relationships are going to happen in nearly any situation ppl find themselves in

but the relationships are not the focus and the focus on the story does not blot out relationships

it is very good balance

-----------------------------------------------------
so its looking as if those christian/new age survivalists just may be the forefathers of the grounders. remember when they showed Becca landing, we saw her surrounded by ppl in hazmat suits? this was in what would become Polis, where we now know the main bunker was

and though simple in it 'mechanics'. really liked the way they had Emori set up that burglar dude as the big baddie so that the team would sacrifice him in the radiation cooker instead of her.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
show is back after its break

still great and IMO each ep is as good or better then the previous one this season.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
show is back after its break

still great and IMO each ep is as good or better then the previous one this season.

Why didn't they allow Clarke to become a Commander? I want to know what happens now that there is no AI. Indra is pissing me off by her violent ignorance. And now, the nightblood means nothing? I know the nightblood prevents death by radiation poisoning, and enhances healing, so hopefully they play into that somehow. They seem to have slowed the pace of the story. What do you think?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They seem to have slowed the pace of the story. What do you think?

yup what i think :)

i think they were going a bit faster before was so they could get "over" the whole issue of Polis and the struggle for succession and to get the storyline progressed this season.

some of the Sky crew ppl are getting on my nerves as well ppl like Monty and the "don't fight fate' crowd----but I do like how they transformed Jaha. In both action and appearances. I thought it was a diff actor at first!
of course, he was 'possessed' by ALIE2 so, guess he gets a pass

There is still an AI present though-ALIE 1 should come online-so to speak-once the chip gets embedded in nightblood

I would like to see more backstory in the way of flashback scenes to Becca and the original grounders and how they built what they did and how she developed the nightblood, in more detail. And how did she test it? On herself or on some grounders? She seems like the kind of person who wouldn't let scruples get in the way of science

Indra and the grounders won't let Clarke become CDR because they are basically all the equivalent of our 'flat earthers' and young earthers and other associated science deniers. they believe that the nightblood is a natural occurrence and only passed by genetics. they believe that using science is cheating, thats why Roan said what he did because he knew the reaction it would cause.

so did Becca set things up so they would become this way? did she set up procedures so that the original grounders would only retain knowledge of basic survival? Did she not trust them with science--like how to make gunpowder and generate electric,etc?

I am thinking that since this orig group were basically a 'new age' (second dawn) religion type of ppl--the ones who built the bunker-- or at least we are led to believe they were the same ppl since flashbacks saw her landing basically on top of the bunker and the ppl came to her in hazmats -from the bunker?

As a person of high science perhaps she could not convert this group from their radical religious views, that if they did get help from her on advanced science then they would misuse it for warfare/ destroy the living space again?

Probably also a reason why she did not include knowledge of the Island research facility and her space vehicle in ALIE 1 /CDR CHIP and why the grounders don't even know the place exists to the majority.

Again, I think that either flashbacks or perhaps a whole ep set in the past would make things even more interesting.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
some interesting fan theories on this site: https://www.reddit.com/r/The100/comments/5uu90b/second_dawn_theories/

i like the one that Becca and a faction of second dawn created cryogenic chambers for a relative few. We do not yet know just how big the bunker is. And of course we have what Gaia said- something that has been passed down from one flamekeeper to the next-that Becca is entombed in the bunker.

Does that mean dead or 'entombed' in a cryo chamber?

a possible explanation of why she did not ensure that the grounders were more developed; if she and some second dawn science embracers ARE in cryo, then it would far easier for them to dominate over the grounders if and when they re-emerge as they would still have tech/modern weapons,etc

skycrew now being on earth are a potential challenge to that plan. an un foreseen one as well. Becca clearly had 'issues' with all of the stations for the actions they took against her-would she be aggresive to them 100yrslater?

Would it take her re-emergence to finally bring peace and cooperation? seems every other try at that has failed no matter who is doing the trying.

OF COURSE I am thinking too much again! :( It is only a fan theory... but defin. one that would make the show even better. I mean with a S5 coming, what challenge for Clarke, et al and the grounders could possibly be next?

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Season 5 confirmed (actually last month)! :tealc_newanime006:
http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/10/100-season-5-renewal/

even with some slippage in the ratings for last ep (maybe because of the break? ) I think that with all of the competition to 'broadcast tv', it is still doing good

BTW OM1, are you and I the only ones here that like this show? I can't understand why considering some of the other shows/movies that most of like, you would think the others would like this as well...:confused0076:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Season 5 confirmed (actually last month)! :tealc_newanime006:
http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/10/100-season-5-renewal/

even with some slippage in the ratings for last ep (maybe because of the break? ) I think that with all of the competition to 'broadcast tv', it is still doing good

BTW OM1, are you and I the only ones here that like this show? I can't understand why considering some of the other shows/movies that most of like, you would think the others would like this as well...:confused0076:

I know, right? :) It's a great show. But it is not science fiction. It isn't exactly fantasy either. It is small scale epic, and definitely telling a linear story in a serial fashion. The characters are well developed, and the storylines are interesting. But this is definitely a unique flavored show. I am hooked.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I know, right? :) It's a great show. But it is not science fiction. It isn't exactly fantasy either. It is small scale epic, and definitely telling a linear story in a serial fashion. The characters are well developed, and the storylines are interesting. But this is definitely a unique flavored show. I am hooked.

id say that it along with shows like 12 monkeys, jericho,and jeremiah among others, are examples of 'future fiction'. a genre that uses bits of fantasy, sci fi and straight drama as well as other elements (action,love, war, etc) to build a story

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
have you been able to find how many eps they are this season? every time i search i just get recaps and info on old ones

entering wrong search terms maybe?

Anyway, I am guessing 20 eps? can you see if you can find out? that'd be great :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I doubt that there are more than 13 for the year.

I'll throw this in for reference.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/episodes?year=2017&ref_=tt_eps_yr_2017

I'm old enough to remember when we got 24 shows a year.​
did a search of "when does the 100 s4 fianles air?"

found this-looks like 2 more eps after yesterdays:

Wednesday, May 24
8/7c: Arrow
9/8c: The 100

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-cw-season-finale-dates/

found this interesting tease as well-like the use of the phrase "future seasons" :) and time jumps. (-wonder how they will address food supply? all animals will dies from rad wave yes?):

"Because of Clarke's willingness to share the burden this season, that means fans shouldn't expect the season to end with a solo Clarke pushing a button or pulling a lever to save the day. "It's going to be really different for Clarke in unspeakable ways," the actress teases. "I think fans are going to love the ending. This has been my favorite ending to a season yet. It's really cool."

Taylor also reveals that the season finale will set up future seasons "very differently" than the finales have in the past -- but when asked whether that meant the rumors of a time-jump were true (the planet will be uninhabitable for five years after all), the star stayed mum"

Last edited: