The 100 on CW

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
well, one drawback of having playstation vue as a tv provider is no CW :(

I only watch the 100 though,so no biggie

but I did miss that S4 premiered on 1 February!!!

the season is on like ep 6 or 7 by now

I pick it up on amazon or wait until in hits NF in June

trailer looks good--looks like things are getting even more tense and 'grownup' for THE 100 (or the 59 or 47 or how ever many are left! )

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
On my NetFlix - The 100 is stacked up with 5 shows.

Reading my local trade papers it appears there will be one more season of "12 Monkies" then that will be it.

SyFy wants another season of "Expanse". Another season of "Van Helsing" might be coming.

There is just too much TV in the world to watch.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
On my NetFlix - The 100 is stacked up with 5 shows.

is that S4? if so, i think that is one of the benies of being a NF Canada user.

NF USA has adeal with CW to run all new shows like 4 weeks after the season is done

BUT!!!

I just discovered that ROKU has added a new app

the CW!!

totally free and all new shows/new season!

don't know how amazon is happy with this; they are charging to watch new eps of CW shows, even if you have Prime

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

NF USA has adeal with CW to run all new shows like 4 weeks after the season is done

From what I remember last year they are sharing with us the up-to-date episodes the following day. CW is hard to get because you need what us local viewers call Cablevision. "Riverdale", and "The 100" are up-to-date. I guess "I-Zombie" and "Frequency" have already broadcast their series for the year.

I think "Travellers" is ownly shown on our Showcase station.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

BUT!!!

I just discovered that ROKU has added a new app

the CW!!

totally free and all new shows/new season!

don't know how amazon is happy with this; they are charging to watch new eps of CW shows, even if you have Prime

Prime is like the worst streaming service EVER. Even with Prime, everything worth watching is not free. TV shows are charged per episode. Even cable does not do that? Then again it has been more than 10 years since I had cable. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Prime can be confusing because they present it in the same UI as Amazon Instant Video. Prime is the free streaming service and everything designated Prime is free. In the Amazon forums this is even the #1 suggestion for improvement - that they make Prime and AIV much more "separate" in the UI both on the website and on Amazon Fire.

Amazon Instant Video is the "for sale" service They are more like Vudu or Apple TV in that shows and films are sold a la carte. TV shows are sold both per episode and per season.

As to content, it used to be Netflix had better content but for the past year or two Netflix has lost a lot of its content outside of stuff specifically produced by Netflix. Prime is up and down in that whether you like the content really depends a lot on what you are interested in.

To be honest, I am finding the best selection of freebies to be in the On Demand area of my Comcast Xfinity setup. A lot of it is either current or very recent. The irony is that Comcast has this and really does not plug it too hard in their advertising.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Prime is like the worst streaming service EVER. Even with Prime, everything worth watching is not free. TV shows are charged per episode. Even cable does not do that? Then again it has been more than 10 years since I had cable. :)

I will only pay amazon for the shows i no longer get the channels for. Vikings on History, the 100 on CW and a couple of shows on WGN

none of these networks are on PS VUE

I just pay for the season on SD (why pay for the HD?)

yes, directv made it simple--everything was there, but their prices were/are creeping up,up,up with unknown fees and sports channels that I never watched

Even with paying for these seasons of 4 shows on amazon, PS VUE is still far cheaper then directv

and, IDK how the determination is made, but some new shows on AmP are free and available a day or two after airing. I don't remember the others off hand, but WAYWARD PINES was one of these

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Some shows have deals like that between Amazon and the producers - hence the free stream so close to airing. For example, The Expanse is free for Season 1 with Season 2 being pay per either episode or season. It all derives from the contract between the streaming provider and the producers.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

Definitely the new season. All H-E-LL is breaking out. "Luna" is there, plus a new daughter has turned-up.

Up to Epi 50, but I will wait several more shows and binge again. In the meantime "I-Zombie" and "Frequency" are up next.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Some shows have deals like that between Amazon and the producers - hence the free stream so close to airing. For example, The Expanse is free for Season 1 with Season 2 being pay per either episode or season. It all derives from the contract between the streaming provider and the producers.

Well, it's just so easy to just open Kodi, slide over to TV SHOWS, drop down to SEARCH, type in "The Expanse", and voila. Seasons 1 and 2, HD, playable episode by episode, and if you wish, a synopsis and cast list. The same night it airs.

FREE.

funningfree.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Definitely the new season. All H-E-LL is breaking out. "Luna" is there, plus a new daughter has turned-up.

Up to Epi 50, but I will wait several more shows and binge again. In the meantime "I-Zombie" and "Frequency" are up next.

I need to binge the last season. I watched all of it up to Season three and have been waiting for Season 4. But I want to remember where they left off. I really like this show a lot.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And when they catch up to the writers of that plugin, some of that free content will disappear.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well, it's just so easy to just open Kodi, slide over to TV SHOWS, drop down to SEARCH, type in "The Expanse", and voila. Seasons 1 and 2, HD, playable episode by episode, and if you wish, a synopsis and cast list. The same night it airs.

FREE.

View attachment 33333

oh yes yes yes

we all know of your affections for Kodi

"Kodi, this, Kodi that". "Me and Kodi are just so sympatico; we are "there" with each other"

we all know its love with the two of you :love_heart: :love_heart: :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And when they catch up to the writers of that plugin, some of that free content will disappear.

There are hundreds of plugins. None of them containing any content. :) It's the sources that have to be gotten, and that is just not going to happen. Millions of them. And they need only have a part of the media stored temporarily in RAM to be assembled into a "source". Kodi is not illegal, and there is no reason not to use it while it IS available. That is why I speak openly about it. Content only appears on Kodi. When a source becomes broken, the update process that happens when you first open the program will tell you it is broken, and ask you if you wish to remove it. Yet other plugins will change URLs and update your Kodi to navigate seamlessly to any new URLs or links. But that is for another thread. :)

Regarding this show, I did not know that Season 4 was well underway! All of the aired Season 4 episodes are there. So, I am watching those. :tealc_newanime006:

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Kodi the tool itself is not illegal, but it has plugins that source illegal (pirated) stuff. Remember in another thread it was noted that they specifically state that they take no responsibility for the legality of addons that may be out there.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Kodi the tool itself is not illegal, but it has plugins that source illegal (pirated) stuff. Remember in another thread it was noted that they specifically state that they take no responsibility for the legality of addons that may be out there.

and i am sure if push came to legal shove, the company would gladly turn over all user info they have to a federal subpoena to save their corporate asses

--on THE 100, from what I have seen so far, the show has definitely found a reason to continue on. that is, it is not just another shark jumping flopping dying fish out there just trying to milk it for what it was once worth.

here's to hoping they can keep that rolling forward

just look at all the challenges they would have to face in 'reality' if they survive this nuclear meltdown. rebuilding society, communications, food systems, transpo, education, science, etc

a lot of material there

I am also hoping they follow through on what they showed a bit of last season; that is that the Grounder societies are actually a bit more sophisticated and organized the nwhat they initially appeared to be. The possibility that all the knowledge of mankind that Becca Promheda loaded onto Allie 2 and allows for a type of genetic inheritance of knowledge via the commander of the time is a very interesting concept as well.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Not a concern for the end user. Nothing is downloaded. The plugins themselves and Kodi are both legal. But that is another thread. I am enjoying Season 4 of The 100 a lot. They actually managed to kick start off a whole new story arc.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and i am sure if push came to legal shove, the company would gladly turn over all user info they have to a federal subpoena to save their corporate asses

--on THE 100, from what I have seen so far, the show has definitely found a reason to continue on. that is, it is not just another shark jumping flopping dying fish out there just trying to milk it for what it was once worth.

This season started where the last one left off, and the characters are all still intact. They can stay on the ground forever and make all sorts of story happen with Skycrew, Treecrew and Ice Nation.

here's to hoping they can keep that rolling forward

just look at all the challenges they would have to face in 'reality' if they survive this nuclear meltdown. rebuilding society, communications, food systems, transpo, education, science, etc

a lot of material there

They are leaving no loose threads. There is no magical Lexi to fix anything and the AI is gone. BUT, the control crystal still survives (forgot what it's called!)

I am also hoping they follow through on what they showed a bit of last season; that is that the Grounder societies are actually a bit more sophisticated and organized the nwhat they initially appeared to be. The possibility that all the knowledge of mankind that Becca Promheda loaded onto Allie 2 and allows for a type of genetic inheritance of knowledge via the commander of the time is a very interesting concept as well.

Your hopes have been fulfilled. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

What user info? There is no user info. What company? Kodi is not a company. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Exactly. Kodi is not an aggregator of data it is a platform. It is some of the repositories that make addons to Kodi that have the stuff. And the XBMC Foundation has been pretty public in advising people both not to use such addons and that as Kodi is an open platform they are not parties to those addons.