The 100 on CW

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and the Ark has come to the ground permanently

so now you have more adults :)

and just a heads up (so when you do see it you don't say "wait, the ark broke apart and crashed to earth") not every station lost orbit after the break up.

they did a bad job of pointing this out in s2 (like maybe they had one character talking to himself saying it :) ) but it will come in to play later, even for a brief time as it is (maybe)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It looks like all the interested parties are almost caught up.

Actually I enjoyed the tension up in the 13 colonies more than the teen angst on the "ground".

so,now that we know someone else is actually watching....

without spoiling things for OM,what did you think of the season finale? in general,and specifically when a certain someone showed up in the VR city to help Clarke?

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
so,now that we know someone else is actually watching....

without spoiling things for OM,what did you think of the season finale? in general,and specifically when a certain someone showed up in the VR city to help Clarke?

" ... Until every one has caught up I have something to say.

Javier Grillo-Marxuach was proud of his work on "LOST". Even though he was given credit for writing only 7 episodes he worked on at least 40 others before leaving the show. Javier claims that his work trying to create the back stories for all the crash victims, that some still revere today, superceedes all that he has done up today.

There were plans galore for how LOST was to be ended and it was all planned out. While other people are saying that is not how it all went down.

He even wrote a 40 page "treatment" outlining how everything was planned out, and that LOST did not run off the track in latter years.

As the "co-executive producer" of Season 3, Javier lready has 16 shows under his belt. In their search for a new Commander, the 100 drive by a crashed DC - 3 hidden in the woods. This might suggest that Javier has won out, and that more and thicker back stories/ flashbacks will be on their way for Season 4.

Anyways, as Season 3 ended it appeared that they had righted the ship and all was right in The 100 universe.
Do I need to mention here that most Sci-Fi shows run off their rails in Season 3 and slowly disappear or be cancelled. Don't know about this one? ... "

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
so now you have more adults :)

and just a heads up (so when you do see it you don't say "wait, the ark broke apart and crashed to earth") not every station lost orbit after the break up.

they did a bad job of pointing this out in s2 (like maybe they had one character talking to himself saying it :) ) but it will come in to play later, even for a brief time as it is (maybe)

Oh, Im a ways past that now. :) Almost done with Season 2.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Do I need to mention here that most Sci-Fi shows run off their rails in Season 3

no way--this show has definitely stepped way up with this season

it wasn't predictable at all and though sometimes one may get some tedium from it--for me, it was with Clarke's Mom,and the Chinese kid's Mom--

it may not be looked upon nicely for ppl of our ages to say we really like a show on the CW, but IMO ,this show is far diff from those teeny bopper magnets and is well worthy of the praise it does receive

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and, it always seems to happen

as a show gets more complex and compelling and just plain better-in our opinions-the general viewership by the shrubs of america (i am thinking trump voters here :) ) drops!

more proof that all they want is sex, explosions, silliness and general stupidity portrayed in tropes and cliches

just glad someone at CW sees the value and we are getting a 4th season

the ratings/viewership numbers (from wiki):

dcdb8e4baf83d2d4fa23e1b2f7ece302.png

The 100: Viewers per episode (millions)
Ep. 1 Ep. 2 Ep. 3 Ep. 4 Ep. 5 Ep. 6 Ep. 7 Ep. 8 Ep. 9 Ep. 10 Ep. 11 Ep. 12 Ep. 13 Ep. 14 Ep. 15 Ep. 16
Season 1
2.73 2.27 1.90 1.69 1.80 1.97 1.88 1.64 1.73 1.46 1.71 1.58 1.68 N/A------------------
Season 2 1.54 1.48 1.68 1.75 1.64 1.86 1.62 1.40 1.48 1.53 1.51 1.36 1.42 1.55 1.49 1.34
Season 3 1.88 1.63 1.57 1.32 1.36 1.41 1.39 1.20 1.23 1.13 1.08 1.15 1.27 1.13 1.17 1.29

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and, it always seems to happen

as a show gets more complex and compelling and just plain better-in our opinions-the general viewership by the shrubs of america (i am thinking trump voters here :) ) drops!

more proof that all they want is sex, explosions, silliness and general stupidity portrayed in tropes and cliches

just glad someone at CW sees the value and we are getting a 4th season

the ratings/viewership numbers (from wiki):

dcdb8e4baf83d2d4fa23e1b2f7ece302.png

The 100: Viewers per episode (millions)
Ep. 1 Ep. 2 Ep. 3 Ep. 4 Ep. 5 Ep. 6 Ep. 7 Ep. 8 Ep. 9 Ep. 10 Ep. 11 Ep. 12 Ep. 13 Ep. 14 Ep. 15 Ep. 16
Season 1
2.73 2.27 1.90 1.69 1.80 1.97 1.88 1.64 1.73 1.46 1.71 1.58 1.68 N/A------------------
Season 2 1.54 1.48 1.68 1.75 1.64 1.86 1.62 1.40 1.48 1.53 1.51 1.36 1.42 1.55 1.49 1.34
Season 3 1.88 1.63 1.57 1.32 1.36 1.41 1.39 1.20 1.23 1.13 1.08 1.15 1.27 1.13 1.17 1.29

I love this show. :) I wish they had kept Anya. :( The whole Lincoln arc is boring.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I wish they had kept Anya

Who? :)

so many ppl die in this show, it can be hard to keep up...

ironically, in S3, they have one of the characters make an in script reference to that--it wasn't meant to be funny, but it kind of was

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Who? :)

so many ppl die in this show, it can be hard to keep up...

ironically, in S3, they have one of the characters make an in script reference to that--it wasn't meant to be funny, but it kind of was
Anya was the first Grounder leader we ever met. Clarke and her escaped from the underground city in season 2

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I thought "Anya" was a brilliant character. Peeved would be an understatement when they bumped her off.

Maybe she was too busy on Agents of Shield and the producers cut her loose. No pattern here that I noticed.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Anya was the first Grounder leader we ever met. Clarke and her escaped from the underground city in season 2

oh,yes! now i remember

No pattern here that I noticed.

Yeah,isn't it a testament to the silliness of some actors (or maybe their agents?)-two actresses have jumped ship from THE 100 for other shows

Debnam-CAREY went to FTWD--I am wondering if she regrets her decisions yet?

Can't sya anything for the other girl-I don't watch agents of shield

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I thought "Anya" was a brilliant character. Peeved would be an understatement when they bumped her off.

Maybe she was too busy on Agents of Shield and the producers cut her loose. No pattern here that I noticed.

When they killed her off, I stopped my watching marathon I was so pissed. She was the most interesting Grounder in the show (not Lincoln). Why they killed her off and not Lincoln escapes me.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show is still excellent. I have resumed my marathon catchup. :) The characters are so well developed and diverse that it's hard to stop watching! I really want to see what comes next. There is PLENTY of teen angst, but the writing for them makes it work to their advantage. There are sensible adults to balance it out. Clarke and Murphy and Raven are the most interesting characters to me in season 2. I wanted to see a lot more of Anya. :(

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
She was the most interesting Grounder in the show

after s3 (did i mention i really liked season 3? :shame: ) one wonders if the commanders are made to look/sound/be the "most interesting" by tptb's because of what we now know about the commander's "qualities"?

don't want to spoil; was that post cryptic enough? :playful:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
after s3 (did i mention i really liked season 3? :shame: ) one wonders if the commanders are made to look/sound/be the "most interesting" by tptb's because of what we now know about the commander's "qualities"?

don't want to spoil; was that post cryptic enough? :playful:

I'm not quite done with season 2, I am still watching it right now on Kodi. The new Grounder commander is in the mix now. And they turned Lincoln into a zombie (Reaper)? LMAO! Such a dumb storyline. And they are gonna drag him back to the Ark base alive? HUH? Finn should have shot him dead in the garage. And Octavia saw him eating somebody and she still wants him? :) Whatever.

I still love the show. Back to it!

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show is SOOOOO GOOOOD! Finally a show I can't get enough of which has gone for more than two seasons! :smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy:

Whomever has not seen this show, please check it out. It's worth your time, and once you are hooked, you are hooked. :) The writing is the draw here. The characters are well developed, the story is cohesive and logical, and this, my friends, is REAL science fiction drama. Not a soapfi monstrosity. It's science fiction with a nice dose of drama that is not melodrama. There are great reveals, and lots of great social commentary.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Finally a show I can't get enough of which has gone for more than two seasons

just wondering if you have tried 12 monkeys?

imo, good writing there too, though i am sure the show has it's critics as well

with its quick plot twists and action, it does remind me of the pace in the 100

and it has science too--though theoretical time travel stuff

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
just wondering if you have tried 12 monkeys?

imo, good writing there too, though i am sure the show has it's critics as well

with its quick plot twists and action, it does remind me of the pace in the 100

and it has science too--though theoretical time travel stuff

I havent tried that show. I'll give it a look...but not before I am all caught up on The 100! I watched it all night until midnight last night. :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Dichen Lachman, "Anya" if you must, has moved her talents over to "The Last Ship" where she portrays "Jesse". I don't follow the show so I have no idea when or where, or what she does.