The Walking Dead S6 thread

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You're just now saying that? :)

I've been saying it for years. And it looks like this season is like the others - near the start it teases us with the idea that they finally have figured out that the story needs to move forward with decent speed then of course it slows down to a crawl again right afterwards.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
"the herd" will get farmed out till the season finale I am guessing

watch, after they dispatch the herd, there will be little to walkers seen-more time for the interpersonal stuff that way

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think it would be a great way (for us) to end the show if some convoy--well armed and supplied, ppl in uniform,etc, shows up at Alexandria with some new piece of equipment--something like an LRAD say. They turn it on and the heads of every walker in a mile range explodes.

or better, someone developed a anti walker head exploding App for a smart phone (android of course)-the convoy ppl begin handing out new phones with the app installed to everyone in ALex. Rick of course will not take one with some speech on how there (the convoy ppl) "way of living isn't right, fake and ready to fall apart,etc,etc"--more Grimes Bullshit

then the leaders turns to Rick-who just got down with another emo filled rage event-and asks, "why the hell have you all been living like this? we've been waiting for you to come North where everything is under control. We came to you instead."

or something like that

just a total anti climatic end to the whole shebang-one that entirely deflates all of the rabid TWD fans out there

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, they'll definitely milk the zombie herd until at least the mid-season break. The writers are doing everything they can to slow things down, that's obvious. Hell, the scene with Maggie and Aaron walking thru the sewer tunnel was really boring despite the fact that I knew zombies were going to jump out at some point. I just didn't care because I knew it was merely a pretext for more boring self-analysis among the characters. Ho hum. :rolleye0014:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And....another slow as molasses episode. They really are milking this story to ridiculous extremes.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And....another slow as molasses episode. They really are milking this story to ridiculous extremes.

How do you watch it?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I watched something else and tuned in every 10-15 minutes to see if anything happened - nothing really did.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I watched something else and tuned in every 10-15 minutes to see if anything happened - nothing really did.

I did the same thing. Everything I did see was predictable and lame. For instance, it took me all of two seconds to figure out that "Insulin Girl" was going to buy the farm. (And rightly so.)

This show really is an expensive turd. :beckett_new050:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What's pathetically funny about this show is whenever you see two people in a scene together chances are very good that they are going to quickly settle in for some soul searching dialogue. There's rarely any discussion of situational tactics, rather, they go straight to the naval gazing BS. Stuck in a building together? Let's not talk about reconnecting with the team members we got separated from and/or the bad guys that are hunting us down. Instead, let's talk about our feelings. :rolleye0014:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

all i can say is the DVR is a blessing...oh-yeah,and a thousand blessings on the person who designed the DVR with FF feature! :smiley-laughing011:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and what doesn't Hollywood get?

i mean, do they really believe that no US veterans or those still in watch the show?

ok, its a small thing--though i am sure it will come in later--but the US military does not use the RPG

at least they got it "right" when Abraham decided to take the army dress uniform and wear it==that being, they had all the previous owner's awards, ribbons and decorations removed--you never wear what someone else earned

wasn't Abe a Army vet BTW?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
At least Z Nation had Citizen Z shoot an AT-4...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You guys are missing the important part of the episode -- Sasha and Abraham opened up to each other. Abe even had a cathartic moment when he screamed at the zombie hanging on the fence post. Then he went back to Sasha and shared that catharsis with her cuz, like, a man knows when a woman likes him, blah blah I'm-gonna-puke-now-blah. :rolleye0014:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And another boring installment with a flat out copout on the Glenn front. Meanwhile the church tower (which was obviously unsound and should have been braced a long time ago) falls and breaches the wall letting the whole giant herd in. Maybe we'll get lucky and everyone gets eaten.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
St. Rick will live. And scheming evil boy won't kill Coral!. He'll probably save Coral! and they'll become friends. But we won't know this until after the mid-season break because the writers are going to stretch out the stupidity.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They are trying to stay sort of on track with the comics, which did have the wall get breached, however in the comics it was by the scavengers truck. I think this will be where Deena is killed among others. Also they have cast the role of Negan.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They are trying to stay sort of on track with the comics, which did have the wall get breached, however in the comics it was by the scavengers truck. I think this will be where Deena is killed among others. Also they have cast the role of Negan.

Doesn't Glenn buy the farm in the comic? :daniel_new004:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep. Negan beats him to death with a baseball bat.