The Walking Dead S6 thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I like that look for an older woman. :) I have not been watching the show, but the Carol I remember was whiney and fretting about her daughter which they later found in the farmhouse at Herschel's place. Now, she is a gun wielding badass? I guess with Andrea gone, this is predictable. Now, she is "calculating and deadly"? Wow. That's cool!

Yes, Carol has become a strong, decisive character and in many ways is the polar opposite of Rick. She has had to do some unpleasant things (teaching the kids about weapons/killing zeds plus she's had to put down a psychopathic child) but she isn't gleeful about the violence. Rather, she is simply practical about life in the zombie apocalypse. She realizes, unlike Rick, that one doesn't have the luxury of suffering fools in such a world.

So basically she's no longer whiny and fretting, unless of course it's an act she's putting on to fool the folks of Alexandria when they first arrive there. She's a smart cookie and knows to downplay her strength so she won't be viewed as a threat. This ruse allows her the ability to work in the background when the need arises. And all this makes her an interesting character unlike most of the others on the show.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
You don't have to be old to get grey hair and yes , 50 is the new 30 ...

Carol looks great !!!

I'm 57 but feel 18 when I ride my bike lol ...

;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You don't have to be old to get grey hair and yes , 50 is the new 30 ...

Carol looks great !!!

I'm 57 but feel 18 when I ride my bike lol ...

;) ;) ;)

You dont look 57 at all!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The Walking Dead is out of steam. Why is this a surprise? Five seasons is a great run for a series. When the ratings trajectory starts sliding, the party is over. It has happened to the best of series. This show's premise should not even have "plenty of life" left in it. How can there be year-old zombies shambling around? Things would be much more under control after 5 years, wouldn't they? Fear The Walking Dead is not going to fill the void if TWD goes under. It is already losing steam.

with some "zombie-lore", isn't it "established" that Z's can't handle long term below freezing temps? i admit I got this from WWZ (i think) but in TWD world, are there walkers north of the mason dixon line or the mtns of NC or WV? The Rockies? Canada?

if so, then maybe that's how they end it; they have Rick and the gang move north and find mass quantities of 'normal ppl' who long ago (like after the first winter) rid themselves walkers. And, plenty of therapists and armed guards on hand to handle Rick

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If you and I show up somewhere they would never guess we're 10 years apart.

If you two show up somewhere they'll probably take you for Romulan spies and will treat you accordingly! :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This show is.....BORING!

They have stretched out this stupid Glenn/Zombie Herd story into four freaking episodes now. And in this one all that happened was people walked around all morose, then started kissing while Maggie revealed she was pregnant. Really the last four episodes could have been done in one episode.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show is.....BORING!

They have stretched out this stupid Glenn/Zombie Herd story into four freaking episodes now. And in this one all that happened was people walked around all morose, then started kissing while Maggie revealed she was pregnant. Really the last four episodes could have been done in one episode.

You're just now saying that? :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This show is.....BORING!

They still have to do an episode on Daryl, Sasha and Abraham. And they have to give us a definitive ending for Glenn. So this means the zombie herd story line ain't over yet. :rolleye0014: