The Walking Dead S6 thread

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I have a bad feeling they're going to have Glenn magically survive and make us believe that what we saw was Nicholas's dead body on top of Glenn being eaten.

The bigger question, though, did Rick just get bitten or did he accidentally cut his own hand and he's not sure?

maybe it was just a dream....

someone remind me again..just why does it matter if you get bitten? If this virus/wtfever it is, is in everyone already, then a bite shouldn't kill anyone. Or, is it that since the crap is in everyone, then a bite accelerates the virus within?

Was it ever explained in any way? In TWD or FTWD?

-----------------
And it appears that the virus/wtf it is, was once airborne. In the in between commercials serial FLIGHT 456(OR 427 OR 4 something whatever), we see passengers on a plane, one perso is sick, some passengers are worreid-it appears ppl know there is "soething" going around

missed the first couple installments due to FF on DVR

I am betting nearly no one else on here has seen them either unless you are watching 'conventionally' as I am (with the blessed help of my DVR :smiley-laughing021:)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I still don't have sympathy for Morgan despite seeing his St. Theresa catharsis take place. Granted, it's good that he stopped killing people for the sake of killing. But when an entire town of peaceful folks is under siege and being slaughtered by rabid psychopath it's ridiculous for him to use his "way of the peaceful warrior" shtick as a way of dealing with it. In that setting it just isn't viable.

I liked the ep only because it had my favorite character-Morgan (and excellent actor Lennie James) in it for SO MUCH TIME--that was the problem with it too.

It was a good backstory for him-but that only matters if we see him do something with it in the future--like displace Rick maybe?

------------------
and I have tried to state this before but I think I was at a loss for words to properly get my question through--

the Wolves--the guy that Morgan is professing to says that he swore an oath to kill everyone

we see where the wolves kill any ppl they run into

So just at what point, in their organization building, was it determined "We got enough Wolves." ?

That is, when did they stop taking volunteers?

Because, if they kill everyone-including children, then Enid would have been killed as well (we know she was "With them" as the attackers were calling her name during their blitz of Alexandria).

The same with the Governors bunch and with the cannibals (to a lesser extent due to their family ties)-just when did these groups feel they had enough ppl and who to kill who not to kill?

In the gov's point-why kill those army help pilots and then the army truck drivers? Did he not think it would have been valuable to have ppl actually trained with weapons and basic combat and basic first aid?

Am I right in thinking this is a failure of the writers or do you think this is the way ppl-post apocalyptic event,would actually act?

if it is how they may act-then does that put Rick's group at "average" for post apocalyptic group behavior?

Bluce Ree

maybe it was just a dream....

someone remind me again..just why does it matter if you get bitten? If this virus/wtfever it is, is in everyone already, then a bite shouldn't kill anyone. Or, is it that since the crap is in everyone, then a bite accelerates the virus within?

Think HIV and full blown AIDS.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually this exact point got brought up in an earlier TWD thread.

Since these are viral zombies and they said in Season One that everyone alive is a carrier of the virus then being bit by a zombie should have no effect at all outside of the normal infection risk such a bite would pose. It also means that finding a cure is pointless since everyone is a carrier there is no one to save from catching it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Think HIV and full blown AIDS.

I have heard of that potential, but has it shown to have any thing to the actuality of it happening? That is, if one has HIV and has sex or other conducive contact with someone who has full onset AIDS, will it actually cause the person with HIV to rapidly develop AIDS?

I just think it is crappy writing and TPTB are either making it up as they go or they never intend to answer these questions.

---------------
Have you seen any of the intra-commercial FLIGHT 457(OR WTFever) spots? The idea of airborne virus is seemingly raised.

----------------------------------------------------------------
corrected flight 462-whatever...

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Actually this exact point got brought up in an earlier TWD thread.

Since these are viral zombies and they said in Season One that everyone alive is a carrier of the virus then being bit by a zombie should have no effect at all outside of the normal infection risk such a bite would pose. It also means that finding a cure is pointless since everyone is a carrier there is no one to save from catching it.

and what was with the Wolf that Morgan was talking to?

He showed a bite or something on his side-said he was hoping to find some meds for it during the attack from the pics he saw of Alexandria. Implying he has had the bite/wtfever for a while.

It IT WAS a bite, then does this imply that perhaps a portion of the population neither dies nor turns zombie from the virus but just a full blown crazy rager who kills everything?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
now someone care to take on the writing sense behind my Wolf recruitment issue? :rolleye0014: When did they stop recruiting and start killing instead? What was the decision matrix to their actions?
or
to my previous post-is there NO decision matrix to who gets to join but rather there IS SOME other version of the virus that just creates psychopathic rage killers instead of Z's?

every virus has no effect on a certain number of the general population-in TWD this doesn't seem to apply, perhaps it is this instead? just trying to make sense from this (I know-a probable futile approach)
--------------------------------------------------------------
--and remember Morgan has had some contact with them already-we saw this during the attack and the dialogue between him and the 3 or 4 that he told to run away

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
My wife no longer dyes her hair and always keeps it very short . On a quick glance OMG she looks exactly like Carol ... I find the actress who plays Carol really cute but her character is also calculating and deadly . As far as I know my wife has no gun skills but can wield a knife quite well in the kitchen .
It's just kinda freeky to see this look and then see a character on TV look the same . My wife does not watch The Walking Drama ...
Should I be worried lol ???
carol 2.png

:wink-new: :wink-new: :wink-new:

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
My wife no longer dyes her hair and always keeps it very short . On a quick glance OMG she looks exactly like Carol ... I find the actress who plays Carol really cute but her character is also calculating and deadly . As far as I know my wife has no gun skills but can wield a knife quite well in the kitchen .
It's just kinda freeky to see this look and then see a character on TV look the same . My wife does not watch The Walking Drama ...
View attachment 32032

Whats the going rate for a good Therapist in Canada? :anim_59:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
View attachment 32032

Just don't piss her off. ;)

Bluce Ree

AMC Networks CEO Tells Wall Street Not To Fear ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/amc-networks-ceo-tells-wall-170825896.html

"There’s still plenty of life in The Walking Dead, AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan assured investors today. Wall Street is spooked after seeing ratings slide for the first four episodes of the sixth season for the zombie series, one of AMC’s biggest profit drivers."

Wow. The bait 'n switch & filler episode tactics are finally biting them in the ass. Filler episodes ... brilliant!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
AMC Networks CEO Tells Wall Street Not To Fear ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/amc-networks-ceo-tells-wall-170825896.html

"There’s still plenty of life in The Walking Dead, AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan assured investors today. Wall Street is spooked after seeing ratings slide for the first four episodes of the sixth season for the zombie series, one of AMC’s biggest profit drivers."

Wow. The bait 'n switch & filler episode tactics are finally biting them in the ass. Filler episodes ... brilliant!

The Walking Dead is out of steam. Why is this a surprise? Five seasons is a great run for a series. When the ratings trajectory starts sliding, the party is over. It has happened to the best of series. This show's premise should not even have "plenty of life" left in it. How can there be year-old zombies shambling around? Things would be much more under control after 5 years, wouldn't they? Fear The Walking Dead is not going to fill the void if TWD goes under. It is already losing steam.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
View attachment 32032

I like that look for an older woman. :) I have not been watching the show, but the Carol I remember was whiney and fretting about her daughter which they later found in the farmhouse at Herschel's place. Now, she is a gun wielding badass? I guess with Andrea gone, this is predictable. Now, she is "calculating and deadly"? Wow. That's cool!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
She is one of the two characters on the show that are worth anything ( the other is Glenn). And yes she has become a total badass even back to her singlehandedly taking down Terminus last season.

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
I liked the ep only because it had my favorite character-Morgan (and excellent actor Lennie James) in it for SO MUCH TIME--that was the problem with it too.

It was a good backstory for him-but that only matters if we see him do something with it in the future--like displace Rick maybe?

------------------
and I have tried to state this before but I think I was at a loss for words to properly get my question through--

the Wolves--the guy that Morgan is professing to says that he swore an oath to kill everyone

we see where the wolves kill any ppl they run into

So just at what point, in their organization building, was it determined "We got enough Wolves." ?

That is, when did they stop taking volunteers?

Because, if they kill everyone-including children, then Enid would have been killed as well (we know she was "With them" as the attackers were calling her name during their blitz of Alexandria).

The same with the Governors bunch and with the cannibals (to a lesser extent due to their family ties)-just when did these groups feel they had enough ppl and who to kill who not to kill?

In the gov's point-why kill those army help pilots and then the army truck drivers? Did he not think it would have been valuable to have ppl actually trained with weapons and basic combat and basic first aid?

Am I right in thinking this is a failure of the writers or do you think this is the way ppl-post apocalyptic event,would actually act?

if it is how they may act-then does that put Rick's group at "average" for post apocalyptic group behavior?

imo the wolfs are choosy in who they recruit (see the one guy in chains) and maybe the wolfs chopping up the ones they killed for food.

To me, Morgans back story could have been summed up in 30 mins with the other 60 mins advancing the story.

Errant of Patha

GateFans Member
She is one of the two characters on the show that are worth anything ( the other is Glenn). And yes she has become a total badass even back to her singlehandedly taking down Terminus last season.

Be worried when she bakes you some cookies and talks about flowers or bakes cookies that look like flowers.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Be worried when she bakes you some cookies and talks about flowers or bakes cookies that look like flowers.

Yep! She and Glenn are really the only ones worth watching in the show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
imo the wolfs are choosy in who they recruit (see the one guy in chains) and maybe the wolfs chopping up the ones they killed for food.

To me, Morgans back story could have been summed up in 30 mins with the other 60 mins advancing the story.

time with out Mr Grimes is good time

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I like that look for an older woman. :) I have not been watching the show, but the Carol I remember was whiney and fretting about her daughter which they later found in the farmhouse at Herschel's place. Now, she is a gun wielding badass? I guess with Andrea gone, this is predictable. Now, she is "calculating and deadly"? Wow. That's cool!

Older woman? The actress is only 50. :vala-new011: