The Walking Dead S6 thread

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
With their ratings and the attendant ad rates they can afford to keep Stephen Yuen under contract.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This story is starting to get silly again, in this case because they are just losing too many people to the walkers and it is feeling like it is for shock value. At the rate they are going they will run out of Alexandrians :)

Also, they may have made a show killing mistake here - killing Glenn. When you only have two characters on the show who are even a little likeable the last thing you do is kill them. I suspect that if it turns out he is really dead they will start to see viewership tailing off.

I have a bad feeling they're going to have Glenn magically survive and make us believe that what we saw was Nicholas's dead body on top of Glenn being eaten.

The bigger question, though, did Rick just get bitten or did he accidentally cut his own hand and he's not sure?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Good question. Rick in the comics has only one hand so maybe this is to align with the comics?

I almost hope Glenn does magically survive. He is one of only two remotely likeable characters and losing him removes a prime reason to even tune in.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well it didn't take long for me to go back to laughing at this show because of its inherent stupidity.

-- Walkers that manage to magically pop up behind people in the woods despite the trees being thin and sparse. :rolleye0014:

-- Stores on Main Street that don't have back doors to escape out of because, ya know, that's wasn't a fire code requirement pre-zombie era. :rolleye0014:

-- Michonne suddenly losing the ability to climb a fence despite being at the top with a foothold right in front of her. (This scene was really badly directed.) :rolleye0014:

-- Rick fighting a couple walkers when he could simply have run past them instead of doing hand-to-hand combat and injuring himself. :rolleye0014:

-- Glenn constantly whining for the dumb guy to give him directions thru the town when the town appears to be only two streets big to begin with. :rolleye0014:

-- Daryl taking off and driving around the country highways and accomplishing nothing in the process. (Seriously, what was the point of that?) :rolleye0014:

I'm sure I could find more to bitch about but at this point I really don't care. The writing is back to being crap.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I have a bad feeling they're going to have Glenn magically survive and make us believe that what we saw was Nicholas's dead body on top of Glenn being eaten.

The bigger question, though, did Rick just get bitten or did he accidentally cut his own hand and he's not sure?

I'm hoping Glenn's reappearance (as stated on Talking Dead) will be in the form of a flashback/dream sequence. I can't buy him actually surviving that big of a hoard.

And I think Rick cut himself when his knife broke on that zed he stupidly fought. They might be foreshadowing what happens to him in the comic book.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Good question. Rick in the comics has only one hand so maybe this is to align with the comics?

I almost hope Glenn does magically survive. He is one of only two remotely likeable characters and losing him removes a prime reason to even tune in.

I don't want Glenn to magically survive. Not that I hate the character but simply because that would be too hokey and this show is hokey enough already. Granted, I would much rather have Glenn survive while Rick buys the farm. That would improve the show immensely in my opinion.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Something else happening is expiration of contracts and rising salaries of TWD veteran actors.

these new "big name actors" made that way from their TWD career will all crash and burn in stupid movies or failed series'. In a couple of yrs will see the "Glen" actor in commercials as an "un-credited male extra"

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don't want Glenn to magically survive. Not that I hate the character but simply because that would be too hokey and this show is hokey enough already. Granted, I would much rather have Glenn survive while Rick buys the farm. That would improve the show immensely in my opinion.

he can come back as a "force ghost" :SmileyLaughingTears:

-------

and-this is throughout the series-just how do you get caught by zombies when you can run,even with injury, and they can barely walk?

silly,silly,silly

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This story is starting to get silly again, in this case because they are just losing too many people to the walkers and it is feeling like it is for shock value. At the rate they are going they will run out of Alexandrians :)

Also, they may have made a show killing mistake here - killing Glenn. When you only have two characters on the show who are even a little likeable the last thing you do is kill them. I suspect that if it turns out he is really dead they will start to see viewership tailing off.

I think they made those fitst kill off mistakes when the wiped out Andrea

they had an actress who could actually act and had a career previous to TWD

her character was one who wasn't afraid to take action

but the "critics" say she was a bad character-distracting to the show's theme,,blah,blah,blah

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I love how the characters that question Rick's moronic schemes and pathetic leadership are treated as bad guys. How dare they question Saint Rick. :rolleye0014:

The whole "herd the walkers out of the quarry" plan is a really bad plot gimmick. There were numerous ways to kill them off while keeping them penned in the quarry. But no, Rick had to insist on doing things his way despite the fact that his grand design was obviously full of holes.

And what makes this story line even worse is that A-holes like Damon Lindelof, who appeared on Talking Dead, like this stupid story line and eschew any sort of logical suggestion such as using kerosene and fires in the quarry to deal with the walkers. Nope, we have to have some lame, forced, nonsensical plot gimmick to deal with the problem because D-bag fans like Lindelof love that kind of crap. :rolleye0014:

*Seriously, he snarked at the people who have offered valid criticisms of how to deal with the walkers-in-the-quarry issue. Lindelof really is a twat of the highest order.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just think "Prometheus" and "Star Trek Into Darkness". Both are Lindelof. Speaks volumes.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
As to the quarry, all they had to do was go to the quarry road about 50 feet or so behind the trucks, dig holes, plant dynamite and set it off. That would have collapsed the road out of the quarry - problem solved.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
As to the quarry, all they had to do was go to the quarry road about 50 feet or so behind the trucks, dig holes, plant dynamite and set it off. That would have collapsed the road out of the quarry - problem solved.

There are numerous ways they could have dealt with the zombie-quarry without "opening the spigot" so to speak. And even if the zeds were managing to squeeze out between the two trucks blocking the quarry road they could simply have driven over one or two of the many trucks or RV's that they have access to and staunched the flow quickly.

Lighting a fire (or fires) in the quarry would have attracted the zeds away from the road out of the quarry. Hell, all they would have had to do is drop a bunch of crap over the quarry cliff and then drop some fuel on it to get a bonfire going. While the zeds are distracted with the fire in back simply tighten up the quarry entrance, or demolish it completely as you suggested.

Again, the possibilities for dealing with the problem without having to release the zombie hoard are numerous. It's just more bad writing from the show runners. Now don't get me wrong, the quarry idea is actually kind of cool. But they should have approached it far differently. Like have the Alexandrians deal with the problem of leading a hoard of zeds into the quarry. That would have been good for a few episodes. (Of course Rick would still manage to screw that up somehow.)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
These guys have a good perspective....

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
What the hell? Why did we get a 90-minute filler episode? I was afraid this was going to be bait 'n switch.

90-minute filler. AMC must have money to burn or someone in upper brass is getting kicked back.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What? Didn't you want to spend 90 minutes watching Morgan learn Kung Fu from his Farmer John sensei?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, did Glenn show up?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Nope. They sidetracked and devoted the entire episode to what Morgan was up to before he arrived at Alexandria.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I still don't have sympathy for Morgan despite seeing his St. Theresa catharsis take place. Granted, it's good that he stopped killing people for the sake of killing. But when an entire town of peaceful folks is under siege and being slaughtered by rabid psychopath it's ridiculous for him to use his "way of the peaceful warrior" shtick as a way of dealing with it. In that setting it just isn't viable.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Exactly.

Even Michael Caine's character in Kung Fu would actually use his staff to protect people from harm.