The Walking Dead S6 thread

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yep. Negan beats him to death with a baseball bat.

Oh, so it could still happen. I was thinking it had already happened by this point in the story and they were stretching out his character for the show. I wonder if they will keep true to the comic in that regard? :daniel_new004:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Lets see if they really follow the comics. Because if they do this was a sort of turning point for the group as (to the shock of some others who were out on a mission when they return) Rick, the rest of the group and the Alexandrians actually work together and WIPE OUT THE HERD. They actually see (and say) that when there are enough people and they work together even a herd can be defeated.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Really? They're stretching it out AGAIN?

It actually took them an entire hour to get to a place that took less than one issue of a comic book. Deena died - oh well. Really the LEAST they could have done was speeded it up so that they got all the way through one comic in an episode, which if they stick to the story would mean taking us through Rick and the Alexandrians wiping out the herd.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What a tedious episode. The whole Carol/Morgan conflict was excruciatingly pointless. It merely served as a masturbatory exercise for the writer who penned it. Big yawn. I actually found the Downton Abbey preview on PBS to be more interesting so I kept switching over to that whenever some TWD characters began one of their soul-searching talks. Needless to say, this happened a lot.

And what's with everyone suddenly losing the ability to run from walkers whose freshness date expired three years ago? Maggie was stumbling like a drunk and Carol managed to somehow fall and hit her head and Deana couldn't manage to make it two steps without becoming Zombie chow. :rolleye0014: The whole thing was just dumb.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
SO my wife informs me she is a star at work now ... Everyone keeps telling her she looks like a character from The Walking Dead and then they finish with ,it's a compliment because she is bad ass ... Haha !!! I called it first ... Too funny ... She has to sign up complete strangers to programs at the place she works at and they are all flustered telling friends and family they were signed up by Carol from the walking dead ...

:D :D :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
SO my wife informs me she is a star at work now ... Everyone keeps telling her she looks like a character from The Walking Dead and then they finish with ,it's a compliment because she is bad ass ... Haha !!! I called it first ... Too funny ... She has to sign up complete strangers to programs at the place she works at and they are all flustered telling friends and family they were signed up by Carol from the walking dead ...

:D :D :D

It's that new haircut! I bet it looks great on her. I am seeing mature women here in California getting that haircut. It looks flattering and easy maintenance. Good for her! Good for you too :) HEY! Do some cosplay with her. :icon_clap:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
It's that new haircut! I bet it looks great on her. I am seeing mature women here in California getting that haircut. It looks flattering and easy maintenance. Good for her! Good for you too :) HEY! Do some cosplay with her. :icon_clap:

If I did coz play , I would be one dead zombie ,,, Of course I could be Rick and keep saying Corral ,Corral . Wait . That would definitely get me killed

;) ;) ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And.....it's back.

And to be honest it was quite a good episode. Once again they come back from break and have a faster paced episode, and the faster pace made everything work better. Also, they followed the comics here with almost literal precision.

Jessie and her kids do get munched in the comics, and Negan's boys have a rough initial encounter with Abraham as well. And the ending where - for the first time since the start of things - Rick's groups stands and fights and (as the Alexandrians finally decide they CAN stand and fight) they wipe out the entire super herd. Ditto Carl getting shot.

In the comics this issue (No Way Out) was a major turning point in the story as from that point on they discover other communities and, although they fight a big war against Negan, they start clearing areas of walkers and setting up a civilization. Will the TV show do that?

My guess....no. Next week we'll be back to the same torpid pacing as before.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I saw a promo earlier in the week, remembered how tedious this show was, then promptly forgot it was coming back. Since I have time I'll watch the rerun of it now.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It is hard to build up any real enthusiasm for this show, in part because they have done this before.

They go on break and when they come back the first couple of episodes are actually decent simply because they speed the pacing up and there is typically little navel gazing. And then....just when you think they may finally have gotten it....the pace slows way down again and the navel gazing returns in earnest.

We'll see, although I am not holding my breath.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What was the point of Jessie and her kids? I mean, they needlessly focused on them in the first half of the season and then they all get munched in the opener.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True, I was sort of expecting Jessie to take the place in script of Andrea (who is alive in the comics and indeed is Mrs. Rick). I guess they have other plans.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't doubt you're right in that we will see a return to tedium in the next few episodes. There were shades of it tonight, like with Morgan pausing and saying a heartfelt "Sorry" to the Wolves gang member/zombie before he whacked him. It's moronic crap like this that has caused my interest to drop precipitously for this show.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay...6 year old zombies? :facepalm: Somebody grab six candles. Here is the cake.

p1170717.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I wonder if it will dawn on them that what they just accomplished also makes a lot of their prior actions look super stupid. They faced a HUGE herd of walkers here and didn't have THAT many people but by staying in a formation and working together they annihilated the herd. It makes the way they had them lose the prison back in S4 look really dopey :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I wonder if it will dawn on them that what they just accomplished also makes a lot of their prior actions look super stupid. They faced a HUGE herd of walkers here and didn't have THAT many people but by staying in a formation and working together they annihilated the herd. It makes the way they had them lose the prison back in S4 look really dopey :)

I don't think the mouth-breathers that think this show is the cat's ass will even notice. There have been soooooo many flaws in the writing over the seasons that this is just one more to toss onto the pile.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
What was the point of Jessie and her kids? I mean, they needlessly focused on them in the first half of the season and then they all get munched in the opener.

oh!
we get all consternated when it is lilly while family that gets munched, but hardly a tear shed when so many Token B Esquires were killed! :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don't think the mouth-breathers that think this show is the cat's ass will even notice. There have been soooooo many flaws in the writing over the seasons that this is just one more to toss onto the pile.

and, since when have walkers been attracted to fire?

i admit, i use the dvr FF a lot with this show, so could have missed that before

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
And.....it's back.

And to be honest it was quite a good episode. Once again they come back from break and have a faster paced episode, and the faster pace made everything work better. Also, they followed the comics here with almost literal precision.

Jessie and her kids do get munched in the comics, and Negan's boys have a rough initial encounter with Abraham as well. And the ending where - for the first time since the start of things - Rick's groups stands and fights and (as the Alexandrians finally decide they CAN stand and fight) they wipe out the entire super herd. Ditto Carl getting shot.

In the comics this issue (No Way Out) was a major turning point in the story as from that point on they discover other communities and, although they fight a big war against Negan, they start clearing areas of walkers and setting up a civilization. Will the TV show do that?

My guess....no. Next week we'll be back to the same torpid pacing as before.

Nicotero says they will be going out to the "world":

"You’ve closed the pit walkers arc, and the premiere ended on the hopeful note of everyone coming together, but now they have a town that is just in tatters. What’s next?

I think one of the important things we did in the entire first half of the season was, we showed how big the world is. We did very big, expansive shots of the walker herds splitting off the road and the quarry. We wanted to really expand our world, show that our world exists outside of Alexandria. We focused on the walker threat. Everybody was a bit preoccupied, but then we get a sense that, “Oh, there’s this other group, the Saviors. There’s some other people out there.”

Now that the pit walker threat has been vanquished from Alexandria, we have an opportunity to look at this big world and start recognizing what else is out there. That’s where the second half of the season goes: We’ve done some little hints, and we’ve experienced a few of these people out there in terms of who they are and what they are, and what they’re capable of. We’re going to explore that. There’s some great moments coming up. There’s some great episodes coming up, and of the 15 episodes I’ve directed, the season finale is, in my opinion, the best episode I’ve ever done."

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-walking-dead-postmortem-greg-nicotero-talks-033431364.html

we'll see if they stay close

And, joy! FTWD is coming back soon!!! :(

anyone see the commercial for it? looks incredibly boring

on the other hand, the latest install of FLIGHT 462 (or whatever number) was pretty good again! all 30 sec's of it