Stargate Universe - Distant Hope

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:facepalm:

these "fans" that seem to be all so precious to you are by FAR the worst thing about any franchise movie/show/music etc etc also if you are making a complete ass of yourself for the whole world to see with something as stupid and lowbrow crap as this then imo you are fair f'cking game.

and WTH hell is up with you latly? why are you bending over backwards trying to please everybody? dare to have an oppinion and let others have theirs ffs.

When Have I EVER stopped anyone from having an opinion?
This may very well suck arse and be total tripe. In fact, from My POV it does, but why the need to spray it everywhere in some hope of getting it yanked from circulation? Surely everyone else can see it and see how bad it sucks the knob without anyone here having to throw it in MGM's face?
There is a point where you go beyond "expressing an opinion" to being a Tool, and if people want to be the "anti-paparatzi", then they too should understand when people point out that they are being Tools.
Just my opinion of course.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
When Have I EVER stopped anyone from having an opinion?
This may very well suck arse and be total tripe. In fact, from My POV it does, but why the need to spray it everywhere in some hope of getting it yanked from circulation? Surely everyone else can see it and see how bad it sucks the knob without anyone here having to throw it in MGM's face?
There is a point where you go beyond "expressing an opinion" to being a Tool, and if people want to be the "anti-paparatzi", then they too should understand when people point out that they are being Tools.
Just my opinion of course.

For what its worth, some of my angst with regard to MGM comes from the fact that at this very moment, I am in the process of being granted permission by MGM just to place minor elements on clothing and other items. And I am waiting because I am ASKING PERMISSION. This thing is attaching itself to the Stargate name is an insult even to the worst Stargate series ever produced: Stargate Universe. This crosses the line as much as any insult from Brad Wright accusing "those angry Atlantis fans" of ruining his precious failure. :robertcooper:

The only Tools are those who would welcome this hideous puke of a film. Funny, the roots of this site come from disdain for Stargate Universe which was the horrible replacement for Atlantis. A community formed around that disdain, and the majority of discussion centered around seeing to the cancellation of that show. It finally happened. But still, it was okay when we were bashing SGU, especially since it was an inferior interloper which was not Stargate at all. Now, we have a similar situation. We have "Stargate: Distant Hope" which is the horrible replacement for Stargate Universe. It is not at all SGU, despite its name. I would imagine that the majority of SGU fans are not going to like this film. They may even be angered by it and form a community to discuss their angst. Following me here? How soon we forget. :confused0006:

As long as YOU are not the one sending things to MGM or cross-posting to other sites, you should be a happy camper. You are not new to this sort of thing at all.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
For what its worth, some of my angst with regard to MGM comes from the fact that at this very moment, I am in the process of being granted permission by MGM just to place minor elements on clothing and other items. And I am waiting because I am ASKING PERMISSION. This thing is attaching itself to the Stargate name is an insult even to the worst Stargate series ever produced: Stargate Universe. This crosses the line as much as any insult from Brad Wright accusing "those angry Atlantis fans" of ruining his precious failure. :robertcooper:

The only Tools are those who would welcome this hideous puke of a film. Funny, the roots of this site come from disdain for Stargate Universe which was the horrible replacement for Atlantis. A community formed around that disdain, and the majority of discussion centered around seeing to the cancellation of that show. It finally happened. But still, it was okay when we were bashing SGU, especially since it was an inferior interloper which was not Stargate at all. Now, we have a similar situation. We have "Stargate: Distant Hope" which is the horrible replacement for Stargate Universe. It is not at all SGU, despite its name. I would imagine that the majority of SGU fans are not going to like this film. They may even be angered by it and form a community to discuss their angst. Following me here? How soon we forget. :confused0006:

As long as YOU are the the one sending things to MGM or cross-posting to other sites, you should be a happy camper. You are not new to this sort of thing at all.

Yeah! What he said! Community ... Brad the failure ... stuff ... and all that.

Down with SGU!

I'm late to the party again, aren't I? :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah! What he said! Community ... Brad the failure ... stuff ... and all that.

Down with SGU!

I'm late to the party again, aren't I? :(

Its just the same old, same old. Why is the reaction to it different? It certainly is not as obtuse as it was in the past, and this thing certainly deserves it!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
And Have I EVER stopped you, or tried to stop you?
You are doing the right thing here by asking, and I can understand *YOU* being miffed by this dodge, but it's not a question of it being "wrong", it's a question of HOW.
The only Tools are those who would welcome this hideous puke of a film. Funny, the roots of this site come from disdain for Stargate Universe which was the horrible replacement for Atlantis. A community formed around that disdain, and the majority of discussion centered around seeing to the cancellation of that show. It finally happened.
Who here welcomed it? I don't, but I'm not gonna sledge fans for wanting to do something, for what they love, no matter how much I disagree.
But still, it was okay when we were bashing SGU, especially since it was an inferior interloper which was not Stargate at all.
No, I sledged SGU becaue it failed to live up to what it was supposed to be, and because it for all intents and purposes took away SGA. If SGU lived up to it's "hype" I would have never had a problem with it. I *wanted* SGU to be good, I WANTED it to be all it was cracked up to be, it failed by all my standards, and also by commercial standards. Quite frankly, considering how dodgy SGA S5 was I wouldn't have minded SGU at all if it delivered.

Now, we have a similar situation. We have "Stargate: Distant Hope" which is the horrible replacement for Stargate Universe. It is not at all SGU, despite its name.
I would imagine that the majority of SGU fans are not going to like this film. They may even be angered by it and form a community to discuss their angst.
:lol:
I may not blame them :P
Following me here? How soon we forget. :confused0006:
I don't forget.

As long as YOU are the the one sending things to MGM or cross-posting to other sites, you should be a happy camper. You are not new to this sort of thing at all.
Actually, I sorta am. I never sent things to MGM, I never tried to hurt SGU, I merely disagreed with people. If posting on either here or SGUS means "by default" I wanted to hurt the fans of SGU, then I would give up my posts in a heartbeat.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Are we about to have a cat fight replete with hair pulling?

pics_cat-fight.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And Have I EVER stopped you, or tried to stop you?
You are doing the right thing here by asking, and I can understand *YOU* being miffed by this dodge, but it's not a question of it being "wrong", it's a question of HOW.

You are definitely a class act. I never question that. I just am not getting the air of diplomacy with regard to this crappy movie. :) Yeah, I guess I am trying to hurt it, but I am being honest about it. One of my character quirks I guess. :winking0052:

Who here welcomed it? I don't, but I'm not gonna sledge fans for wanting to do something, for what they love, no matter how much I disagree.

That is the rub for me. I never considered SGU fans part of Stargate fandom. I still dont. I do not count Stargate Universe as canon, and not even as a Stargate show. It will forever be the interloper which donned the Stargate name and then ruined the franchise. Having said that, I watched all 5 videos available from these "fans". You really should take a few minutes to do that because you will see that this project is more of a opportunistic grab for attention rather than a serious "fan film". The main actor "Kilian" seems rather narcissistic in his waxing on about this project. But he is not a Stargate fan. According to him, he barely watched SGU..let alone SG-1 or Atlantis. Not a fan IMO. An interloper. Just like SGU was to the Stargate franchise.

No, I sledged SGU becaue it failed to live up to what it was supposed to be, and because it for all intents and purposes took away SGA. If SGU lived up to it's "hype" I would have never had a problem with it. I *wanted* SGU to be good, I WANTED it to be all it was cracked up to be, it failed by all my standards, and also by commercial standards. Quite frankly, considering how dodgy SGA S5 was I wouldn't have minded SGU at all if it delivered.

:) I kinda feel the same way about SGA. The Michael arc was draining to me. I think that at least half a season could have been milked out of having Atlantis on earth for about 10 episodes before taking off to another galaxy. But still, that didnt happen and we got SGU. I wanted to like SGU as well. As you know, I watched every episode just to be sure. SGU got really bad, really fast, like by the third episode. :icon_razz:. I hoped it would get better too. But this thing is being hyped worse than SGU! :happy0007:. Unlike SGU, you can see just from the few minutes of the YouTube videos available that this thing is NOT Stargate Universe. It is as much of a complete left turn as SGU was to either Atlantis or SG-1. This is why I do not confer my fan loyalty to the producers of this thing. The SGU fans dont get any love either, for the same reason. Hey, Im an opinionated ass, remember! :biggrin-new: I remember spending time to create graphics mocking it, complete articles...This one gets a negative thread or two here on GateFans. Yeah, and MGM got alerted too. Still not feeling any guilt. :topsy_turvy:

:lol:
I may not blame them :P

I don't forget.

Actually, I sorta am. I never sent things to MGM, I never tried to hurt SGU, I merely disagreed with people. If posting on either here or SGUS means "by default" I wanted to hurt the fans of SGU, then I would give up my posts in a heartbeat.

True. You are a class act. :) But there needed to be soldiers out there doing those things. Mostly, we DID try to hurt SGU in every way possible. The opening statement on the front page of the site told viewers not to watch it. More than a few of us posted on Mallozzi's blog, on Gateworld and at Syfy. And it was not only us, it was thousands of fans not affiliated with us who posted thousands more negative messages in multiple languages. :icon_clap:

But GateFans is not a hate site, we are not SGU°S in any way shape or fashion. We arent Gateworld either. Unlike those places, we are a full-spectrum site covering several fanbases. So your membership here does not place you in any camp in particular.

I respect you a lot. But the "HOW" we (you and I, not GateFans) do things is different. No problem! :beckett_new049:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

SciphonicStranger

Behind the scenes of what? The whole thing looks like a big "behind the scenes" shoot.

Ya know, the whole thing could just be a hoax and maybe all they shot was that ridiculous trailer. :rolleye0014:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Ya know, the whole thing could just be a hoax and maybe all they shot was that ridiculous trailer. :rolleye0014:

My nieces shot a better trailer when they grabbed my brother's phone and filmed themselves in the pool pretending there was a shark after them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Im actually looking forward to this thing now. :) It is so utterly ridiculous in concept and execution, and this Kilian dude is so hyped about it that it begs my attention. I will reserve further judgement until it is released later this month (according to the producer).

Be forewarned, these ARE fans of SGU running this thing, and they will delete or block any negative commentary on the video. Its their way, you know. :).

SciphonicStranger

Im actually looking forward to this thing now. :) It is so utterly ridiculous in concept and execution, and this Kilian dude is so hyped about it that it begs my attention. I will reserve further judgement until it is released later this month (according to the producer).

Be forewarned, these ARE fans of SGU running this thing, and they will delete or block any negative commentary on the video. Its their way, you know. :).

They can't block negative comments here though. :biggrin:

But of course, now that we are in super duper positive mode I'm sure everyone will rant and rave over this flick. :encouragement:

SciphonicStranger

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT!!!!!!! :crazy homer face: