Stargate Universe - Distant Hope

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
For some reason I find the acting in this fan fiction trailer to be better than the original show. :D

***UPDATE*** Here is the final movie.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Um...what the hell did I just watch? :dejection:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
There must be a joke somewhere in "Distant Hope". Does it mean something like "fat chance this will be good"?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I was thinking it was more related to Star Wars: A New Hope......but that's just me!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Seriously folks, what the hell is this thing??? It makes no sense. If it's fan fic produced then it was a huge waste of time and money. Why would anyone in their right mind waste time and money in pursuit of a dead end like this???
:rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
For some reason I find the acting in this fan fiction trailer to be better than the original show. :D

Um...does thing thing have a green light from MGM? If not, it will be squashed faster than a crippled fly. :facepalm: Besides that, why are they calling it Stargate Universe ANYTHING? Everybody knows that Stargate Universe is not about the Stargate, it is about relationships and that durn rickety spaceship. What is with the edgy music? That sort of soundtrack belongs to SG-1 or Atlantis, not SGU.

This is just wrong. What the hell? :GFbitchplease:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Seriously folks, what the hell is this thing??? It makes no sense. If it's fan fic produced then it was a huge waste of time and money. Why would anyone in their right mind waste time and money in pursuit of a dead end like this???
:rolleye0014:

My thoughts exactly. WTF? Where are the older characters? How will they pick up the story from where it left off? WHY are they also splicing in footage from SGU?

DO THEY HAVE PERMISSION????

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
My thoughts exactly. WTF? Where are the older characters? How will they pick up the story from where it left off? WHY are they also splicing in footage from SGU?

Dude! Think about it. This is a studio's dream project! A fake, low-budget CGI gate that looks exactly the same on every world which, coincidentally, also look exactly the same, and the whole show is about one guy walking around "alien" forests ALONE. That means ONE ACTOR to pay. And all he does is whine into his walkie talkie to static on the other end and roam around aimlessly with his gun held up against his eye for the length of each episode. That script almost writes itself, which means no writers to pay and no unions to strike, either!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Squash! :anim_39: :icon10::smiley_joy::glee:

I know this is evil to admit but I just love it when these fanboy idiots waste time and effort producing something that they think everyone will like and sanction only to get squashed by the legal department of MGM. I just can't gin up sympathy for anyone this stupid, really I can't. A love of SGU is stupid. A desire to see it continued is stupid. An attempt to produce some fanfic for SGU is willfully stupid. Willfully stupid people deserve to get a boot up their backsides.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Squash! :anim_39: :icon10::smiley_joy::glee:

I know this is evil to admit but I just love it when these fanboy idiots waste time and effort producing something that they think everyone will like and sanction only to get squashed by the legal department of MGM. I just can't gin up sympathy for anyone this stupid, really I can't. A love of SGU is stupid. A desire to see it continued is stupid. An attempt to produce some fanfic for SGU is willfully stupid. Willfully stupid people deserve to get a boot up their backsides.

Methinks MGM does not know about this thing. If they did, it would never have gone this far. Even the actors would have to take issue with this project. Carlyle may not appreciate not being the star of it. What about Brad and Rob Cooper? THEY own the production rights, and MGM owns the rights to Stargate. The licensing fees alone would make it prohibitive. All I can assume is that the laws may protect them over in the UK (I assume this is a UK production). It should be interesting to see how MGM takes this when they find out.

Like you said, it is STUPID to produce this. Who will watch it? The full-value production was sinking faster than a concrete turd, so this much lower budget knockoff with different characters is not gonna fly. They cant even use the word Stargate without permission! :facepalm:. I am frowning...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
DRAFT (to be posted on Mallozzi's blog):

Hiya Joe!

I am so excited about Stargate: Distant Hope! I cant wait to see it. So will Dr Rush and Chloe and Scott and Eli survive their stasis? I love how the new series finally started using the Stargate, and how they now have people on planets using weapons. Will Brad and Robert Cooper be talking about this at the next Comic Con?

:icon_twisted:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Methinks MGM does not know about this thing. If they did, it would never have gone this far. Even the actors would have to take issue with this project. Carlyle may not appreciate not being the star of it. What about Brad and Rob Cooper? THEY own the production rights, and MGM owns the rights to Stargate. The licensing fees alone would make it prohibitive. All I can assume is that the laws may protect them over in the UK (I assume this is a UK production). It should be interesting to see how MGM takes this when they find out.

Like you said, it is STUPID to produce this. Who will watch it? The full-value production was sinking faster than a concrete turd, so this much lower budget knockoff with different characters is not gonna fly. They cant even use the word Stargate without permission! :facepalm:. I am frowning...

It would be a shame if someone sent MGM a link to this turd wouldn't it? :eagerness:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It would be a shame if someone sent MGM a link to this turd wouldn't it? :eagerness:

OMG....are you telepathic??? :congratulatory:

I just posted this on YouTube under that video:

Capture.PNG

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
DRAFT (to be posted on Mallozzi's blog):

Hiya Joe!

I am so excited about Stargate: Distant Hope! I cant wait to see it. So will Dr Rush and Chloe and Scott and Eli survive their stasis? I love how the new series finally started using the Stargate, and how they now have people on planets using weapons. Will Brad and Robert Cooper be talking about this at the next Comic Con?

:icon_twisted:

:icon_clap::icon_rotflmao:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
FEEL THE JOY!!! :daniel_new_anime021:smiley_joy::icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing021::triumphant::happy0007::shep_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
FEEL THE JOY!!! :daniel_new_anime021:smiley_joy::icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing021::triumphant::happy0007::shep_lol:

I know, its not positive...but frak it. Ill be DAMNED if I sit and do nothing. Here I am having to wait for approval for using stuff on a freakin hoodie, but these morons have produced an entire series???? WITHOUT PERMISSION???

This should be fun to watch what happens....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I know, its not positive...but frak it. Ill be DAMNED if I sit and do nothing. Here I am having to wait for approval for using stuff on a freakin hoodie, but these morons have produced an entire series???? WITHOUT PERMISSION???

This should be fun to watch what happens....

You got an addy for MGM? All I'm finding is something for licensing on media clips. At any rate, someone should give MGM a heads-up on this one just to make sure they know.