Stargate Universe - Distant Hope

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If they're stupid enough to rubber stamp something that is as bad as what that clip showed then more power to them! That will just give us tons more to laugh about here. Win/win either way.

:thoranime12::thoranime12::thoranime12:

Hmmm....this project has gone eerily quiet, considering they were supposed to release that final edit this month. :confused0006: I think that the other kiddie crew got about as far until MGM let the hammer drop on them. Ill send a crawler out...

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
http://www.gatefans.net/gforums/sho...ate-Universe-Distant-Hope?p=114466#post114466

Oh ye of little faith. I just updated my OP with the full movie. Watch it fast before the MGM cancellation bear comes a knockin'... :)

:sgucancelbear:

Well ... I just blew 20 minutes I'll never get back that I could have better spent watching paint dry. I'm not sure what the story was supposed to be but they spliced in enough footage from the real series to probably piss someone off at MGM. I can't imagine any fan created series or movie like, for example, Star Trek Phase II, would last 5 minutes if they spliced in footage from any of the original series.

SciphonicStranger

omg the 3d at the end.. wow... Shmefur dispray!!!

Many flaws for sure. Has anyone ever reached the rank of major in the air force at the age of 22 for working behind a desk? That makes him more accomplished than Sam Carter at that age. :facepalm:

Then they tried to explain why he doesn't out rank Lt Scott. :facepalm:

SciphonicStranger

Well ... I just blew 20 minutes I'll never get back that I could have better spent watching paint dry. I'm not sure what the story was supposed to be but they spliced in enough footage from the real series to probably piss someone off at MGM. I can't imagine any fan created series or movie like, for example, Star Trek Phase II, would last 5 minutes if they spliced in footage from any of the original series.

I was happy that it was only 20 minutes. Normally SGU made me feel that way for 40+... :tongue:

Bluce Ree

I was happy that it was only 20 minutes. Normally SGU made me feel that way for 40+... :tongue:

I'd rather have sat through an early SGU episode. I know they're just fans trying to revive their passion for SGU but I have no clue what I just watched. It was basically some dude running around in a forest with nonsense flashbacks to old episode footage with him superimposed into completely disconnected random scenes.

Red Mage

Boney
It was a mess but atleast I got a few laughs out of the terrible green screen and cg effects. I found it funny he's a Major at age 22. I looked it up and the average Major in the Air Force is 39 years old. It was probably a little bit of a stretch for even Shepherd in SGA to be a Major let alone this guy. They tried to imitate the style of SGU with cameraman with Parkinson's style videography and all but the lack of any :hump: made this fan film feel too inauthentic to be SGU. Maybe next episode they'll green screen Kilian's head on Scott in the scene with James in the broom closet. :D

Anyways... CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL!!!!! If only for more hilariously awful acting from the bucktooth tokra guy :wink:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It was a mess but atleast I got a few laughs out of the terrible green screen and cg effects. I found it funny he's a Major at age 22. I looked it up and the average Major in the Air Force is 39 years old. It was probably a little bit of a stretch for even Shepherd in SGA to be a Major let alone this guy. They tried to imitate the style of SGU with cameraman with Parkinson's style videography and all but the lack of any :hump: made this fan film feel too inauthentic to be SGU. Maybe next episode they'll green screen Kilian's head on Scott in the scene with James in the broom closet. :D

Anyways... CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL!!!!! If only for more hilariously awful acting from the bucktooth tokra guy :wink:

Im gonna watch this right now! I just got home from work. :) Should I get stoned before I watch or no?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Many flaws for sure. Has anyone ever reached the rank of major in the air force at the age of 22 for working behind a desk? That makes him more accomplished than Sam Carter at that age. :facepalm:

Then they tried to explain why he doesn't out rank Lt Scott. :facepalm:

That would make him more accomplished than ANY Major in ANY military on earth at ANY time. :icon10: Im gonna watch this right now! Yeah, I know Im gonna regret it, but I cant resist.

SciphonicStranger

Im gonna watch this right now! I just got home from work. :) Should I get stoned before I watch or no?

I sort of wish I was when I watched it. :tongue:

Bluce Ree

Here's a nice PM I just received from a disgruntled fan who thought I was too harsh with my review, which apparently makes me a hater of the entire Stargate franchise. :D

=======================================

Halbaradin
user-online.png
Civilian
reputation_pos.png

Join DateAug 2012Posts0Rep Power0​

icon1.png
SGU distant hope

F**k you SGU hater! This is just a fan film!

While people are trying to revive the Stargate franchise you are just sitting on your fat ass criticising other Stargate fans!

SG1 and SGA are for kids, SGU is a real sci-fi show so f**k you if you can't watch a show without an explosion every second!​

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I sort of wish I was when I watched it. :tongue:

Im doing that right now. rasta.gif Im popping popcorn, and I am making sure that I have paper towels to wipe if I spray my monitor. :laughingattv::smiley-money-mouth:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here's a nice PM I just received from a disgruntled fan who thought I was too harsh with my review, which apparently makes me a hater of the entire Stargate franchise. :D

Halbaradin
user-online.png
Civilian
reputation_pos.png

icon1.png
SGU distant hope

While people are trying to revive the Stargate franchise you are just sitting on your fat ass criticising other Stargate fans!

SG1 and SGA are for kids, SGU is a real sci-fi show so f**k you if you can't watch a show without an explosion every second!​

There's a review? Im gonna write one too. :biggrin: But I will watch the movie to see their effort. This should be....interesting. So, why doesn't the new member just post his comments? Funny how he says SG-1 and SGA was for kids, but you ONLY see kids...young kids, who are into SGU. The children who tried to do the animated series were really young. Like Middle School age. The wording of your PM is from a child, as I am certain you can tell. :) But for now I will reserve my comments until I have seen the thing.

Bluce Ree

Im doing that right now. View attachment 7512 Im popping popcorn, and I am making sure that I have paper towels to wipe if I spray my monitor. :laughingattv::smiley-money-mouth:

You'd best be pooping into your popcorn to get through this video, which should be enough to distract your other senses while chugging down those kernels.

Bluce Ree

There's a review? Im gonna write one too. :biggrin: But I will watch the movie to see their effort. This should be....interesting. So, why doesn't the new member just post his comments? Funny how he says SG-1 and SGA was for kids, but you ONLY see kids...young kids, who are into SGU. The children who tried to do the animated series were really young. Like Middle School age. The wording of your PM is from a child, as I am certain you can tell. :) But for now I will reserve my comments until I have seen the thing.

Just the comment I made above where I stated my time would have been better spent watching paint dry.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You'll need something stronger than your prescription weed to sufficiently dull the senses.

My prescription hash perhaps? :D I dont have anything except my prescriptions. I dont drink, just an occasional glass of wine like once every other month. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just the comment I made above where I stated my time would have been better spent watching paint dry.

And so the dude did not post in the forum yet? Is he still online? I am downloading this movie instead of streaming it. :)

SciphonicStranger

Halbaradin
user-online.png
Civilian
reputation_pos.png

icon1.png
SGU distant hope

Why'd he go after you, what did you do? Shavedape busted this production down from day 1.

My prescription hash perhaps? :D I dont have anything except my prescriptions. I dont drink, just an occasional glass of wine like once every other month. :(

I recommend breaking out the heavy stuff. :D