Stargate Universe - Distant Hope

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
and i tried to give it a chance but i could help but to use the FF as i well was just soooooo bad!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I just don't get why anyone would bother to produce such a monstrosity? I mean, there's fanfic and then there's this -- something unintelligible and just plain weird. How, by any stretch of the imagination, is this crap supposed to be an homage to SGU? How is it supposed to appeal to anyone who likes SGU from the producers to the squee drones? It's not honoring SGU -- it's just crappy and, again, just plain weird and the cinematic equivalent of gibberish.

OMNI

I just don't get why anyone would bother to produce such a monstrosity? I mean, there's fanfic and then there's this -- something unintelligible and just plain weird. How, by any stretch of the imagination, is this crap supposed to be an homage to SGU? How is it supposed to appeal to anyone who likes SGU from the producers to the squee drones? It's not honoring SGU -- it's just crappy and, again, just plain weird and the cinematic equivalent of gibberish.
i have no idea dude.. and the idot behind this mustve spent some money on it and all i can think of is what a f***ing waste of money... not to mention waste of time effort everything.. i dont get it at all.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Probably the only person who would find SGU Hopeless Turd appealing is this incredibly talented writer:

img_0958.jpg

OMNI

Probably the only person who would find SGU Hopeless Turd appealing is this incredibly talented writer:

View attachment 7519

ah yes that one aka the asshole that as soon as he was given creative lead of SG turned it into s8-10 of sg1 and the clusterf'ck that is atlantis (not to mention SGU) imo the twerp should have stuck to writing shit for saturday morning cartoons.

OMNI

is it just me or doesn he really fit well into the sleezeball category? imo he fits it perfectly from the clothes the look the food to the attitude.. sleezeball.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I found another short discussion about this production here.

http://www.scifihero.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8278&pid=72191&st=0&#entry72191

I didn't catch that our new major is wearing a lieutenant's uniform in the trailer. Apparently they are recycling LT Scott’s wardrobe. :facepalm2:

LOL, you caught it first. :) It is a HUGE error, but it could have been overlooked if the film did not have that conversation about this "Major" Hunt outranking Lt Scott (and should be second in command) not 2 minutes before seeing CLEARLY that Major Hunt is a First LT. That is a full two ranks below Major. It made that mistake unforgivable in that context.

They are threatening more of this stuff....:facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
is it just me or doesn he really fit well into the sleezeball category? imo he fits it perfectly from the clothes the look the food to the attitude.. sleezeball.

Yeah, the clothes make me chuckle, they're so "lounge lizard". :stupid:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This thing is a PARASITE on SGU...imagine that. :disgust: These people were not even Stargate Fans according to the interviews they put on YouTube. They have co-opted the SGU show and attached a completely new character to it, changed the premise, and shamefully ripped off scads of SGU footage in order to slap some green screen superimposed actors into the existing footage. Even BJS's mother did not intrude as much!

This is no "homage" to anything, it is an opportunistic parasite.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Mallozzi is a "Guido" without the Jersey accent. :thoranime12:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

What was with the creature sounds on the planet? The creature was just standing there and did not attack? Maybe it was friendly? And why did this dude keep tossing equipment like his canteen, the spent clips from his weapon and such? Why was he swigging that canteen like a Big Gulp? In the military, one learns to SIP the water, the equivalent of an ounce. One does not toss the canteen when empty. Then, he uses his sidearm and tosses the empty clip before loading the second one? Why was he alone when he came through the Stargate?

The sad part is that this thing was better than 2/3 of the actual SGU episodes. :icon_clap:

OMNI

What was with the creature sounds on the planet? The creature was just standing there and did not attack? Maybe it was friendly? And why did this dude keep tossing equipment like his canteen, the spent clips from his weapon and such? Why was he swigging that canteen like a Big Gulp? In the military, one learns to SIP the water, the equivalent of an ounce. One does not toss the canteen when empty. Then, he uses his sidearm and tosses the empty clip before loading the second one? Why was he alone when he came through the Stargate?

The sad part is that this thing was better than 2/3 of the actual SGU episodes. :icon_clap:
seriously who gives a rats ass? why are you even asking? its SHIT we all agree can we leave it there and let this BS topic die? plz? :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
seriously who gives a rats ass? why are you even asking? its SHIT we all agree can we leave it there and let this BS topic die? plz? :D

LOL! They are threatening more of this shit, thats why! :icon_eek: Check this out...

Capture.PNG

:facepalm:

OMNI

yes i did see that. but no reason to give them any publicity imo ie IGNORE till your ignore nerves are sore capice?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yes i did see that. but no reason to give them any publicity imo ie IGNORE till your ignore nerves are sore capice?

You know me....Im like a pit bull. :icon_mrgreen:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
SGU Distant Hope producer's YouTube channel. He is a kid, but I do admire his ambition. :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAAaN_bJ3m8&list=UUpEDY2mDIakHIiQX_G-E3Vw&index=3&feature=plcp

OMNI

SGU Distant Hope producer's YouTube channel. He is a kid, but I do admire his ambition. :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAAaN_bJ3m8&list=UUpEDY2mDIakHIiQX_G-E3Vw&index=3&feature=plcp
SLAPS Overmind1 silly over bolded comment!!!

OMNI

oh and imo that dude looks like hes right smack in the middle of the most awkward part of puperty... :facepalm.

Red Mage

Boney
What was with the creature sounds on the planet? The creature was just standing there and did not attack? Maybe it was friendly?

I thought the monster looked familiar so I checked the photos on Gateworld. They ripped the monster cg straight from the episode "The Hunt." When does this fan film supposedly happen in the SGU timeline? Is this supposed to be the same planet as the one featured in that episode? If not why have these creatures evolved on two planet separated by light years in distance? Did the film's creator didn't think anyone would notice? They would have been better off not showing the creature at all.