Sons Of Anarchy

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
a wedge between you and bluce--I finally discovered something the 2 of you do not agree on

That doesnt matter, since I love the dude like a bro. :). We will just laugh about it.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Dude, please dont tell me you have a Harley. :( You have respect for the Hells Angels?

I'm not a classist, dude. My friends are my friends because of the person they happen to be, not because of their affiliations or working collar class or their place in the ladder of society. One of my buddies happens to be an ex-enforcer. That doesn't mean I'm a biker or that I have respect for the club.

I have Dominican and Puerto-Rican friends from what some would consider the bad part of the Bronx. Does that make me ghetto?

I used to know one of the guys involved in the 2007 housing mortgage crisis. Does that make me a white-collar criminal?

I have gay friends. Does that make me a homosexual?

What defines a "prominent" Hells Angels biker?

Like a chapter president? You're not really asking me that, are you? :D

Prominent within their circle.

You admire these guys?

Best you get the quality of that green checked, bro. It's causing you to hallucinate. :icon_lol:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
I think I'm gonna stop you there. I know some ex-bikers. One of my close friends is an ex-enforcer for the Hell's Angels (he's now a competitive bodybuilder), which isn't a secret. What you see as "pure fantasy" is not that far from the reality of life in that world. The depiction isn't that far removed from reality.

I can go further into commentary by bringing in real world comparisons and examples but it isn't my place to comment on things of which I took no part directly and aren't mine to share.

Sutter is known to hang with these people. In fact, a few of the actors are actual Hell's Angels members (i.e. Happy) and they've even had some high profile, prominent Hell's Angels members as guest stars, such as Chuck Zito, former president of the NY chapter of the Hell's Angels.

Side note: I've met Chuck Zito several times at a club in Manhattan I used to frequent back during my crazy days about 8 years ago. :icon_lol:

I'm sure you've seen shit during your service that would make a regular civilian's eyes roll in ridicule and disbelief if it were depicted on TV or the movies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
aye what these people themselfs have said the only real difference is the overly dramatic portions and the frequency shit happens.
also you forgot that even sonny himself ahs been on the show a great many times. (Sonny Barger).
--- merged: Jan 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM ---
yongjin has his preconceived notions he's unable to get past, in spite of liking this show's predecessor, which is of equal caliber and content written by the same writer. He's still trying to watch an entire season and give it as fair a shake as he's capable of giving regardless of whether he doesn't recognize that SOA is nearly identical in content and writing to The Shield.

You, on the other hand, are just a whiner who judges books by their covers. :icon_lol:
+1

Last edited by a moderator:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
I'm not a classist, dude. My friends are my friends because of the person they happen to be, not because of their affiliations or working collar class or their place in the ladder of society. One of my buddies happens to be an ex-enforcer. That doesn't mean I'm a biker or that I have respect for the club.

I have Dominican and Puerto-Rican friends from what some would consider the bad part of the Bronx. Does that make me ghetto?

I used to know one of the guys involved in the 2007 housing mortgage crisis. Does that make me a white-collar criminal?

I have gay friends. Does that make me a homosexual?

Like a chapter president? You're not really asking me that, are you? :D

Prominent within their circle.

Best you get the quality of that green checked, bro. It's causing you to hallucinate. :icon_lol:
applause!!!! standing ovation!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Just keep away from the cartoon series.............
Bleah.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
There's plenty of stuff on which OM1 and I don't agree and we bust each others balls about it. I still love the guy like my own brother. :)

So when you 2 disagree it is "playfully friendly" but if I say something you don't like I am a hater or ignorant or stupid or a bitch or what the fuck ever?

And no actually, most of the stuff in the Army is pretty cut and dry. Civilians think they know more then what actually goes on; what they claim to know is usually outdated, over hyped,or fluffed out to make a good story.

All I am saying is that SHIELD showed a mainstream element of society-the police. The cops depicted did some bad shit-based off of the rampart precinct scandals.

SOA is depicting a fringe and deviant (by the actual def. of deviant) element of society where the characters are trying to be the good guys ("we can protect Charming better then the cops can") and the bad guys. If there is a real situation like this in Cali (I am so glad they set this show there and not in some stereotypical redneck state) then someone needs to get their shit in gear and annihilate the fucks.

"outlaw" gangs of any type are the same as any militia that does illicit or illegal shit. Militias are fringe and deviant as well. The police are not-though they do have 'deviants' within their ranks

I really don't see what is so hard to understand in the diff between org's with legal authority-the police and those with illicit "authority"-MC's, gangs, militias

As far as criticizing the show, well the "round a round" can be a bitch hey? Some of the style of language you are using to defend this show is similar to what I used to defend why I liked BSG-and got shit on for.

So easy man, don't get your DEPENDS in a wad.:jaded: :rolleye0014:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
See? Here is a perfect opportunity to tell us to get off this thread because this thread is a fan thread of Sons of Anarchy, not a whine thread for people like yongjin and myself, right? :anim_59:

the more someone bitches about me the longer I'll stay :anim_22: :anim_59:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So nothing on the "one-niners" vs "niners" issue Bluce?

Ep I just watched showed a "niner" with a "9" tat on his neck, So I guess they are NOT using the same gang from THE SHIELD, there they showed guys with "19" tats and wearing purple. Tese "niners" in SOA don't seem to be wearing "colors".

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
So when you 2 disagree it is "playfully friendly" but if I say something you don't like I am a hater or ignorant or stupid or a bitch or what the fuck ever?

Huh? When did I ever say anything even remotely like that to you?

And no actually, most of the stuff in the Army is pretty cut and dry. Civilians think they know more then what actually goes on; what they claim to know is usually outdated, over hyped,or fluffed out to make a good story.

All I am saying is that SHIELD showed a mainstream element of society-the police. The cops depicted did some bad shit-based off of the rampart precinct scandals.

Scandals. Are you POSITIVE you watched The Shield and not some fluffed up wholesome clone broadcast on ABC? The Shield depicted a lot of stuff but "scandals" would be too mild a word to describe anything that went on in that precinct.

SOA is depicting a fringe and deviant (by the actual def. of deviant) element of society where the characters are trying to be the good guys ("we can protect Charming better then the cops can") and the bad guys. If there is a real situation like this in Cali (I am so glad they set this show there and not in some stereotypical redneck state) then someone needs to get their shit in gear and annihilate the fucks.

How's life in Wholesome, USA working for you?

Are you really that oblivious to organized crime? OMNI put it in persepctive really well when he said that the main difference between SOA and the real life world of criminal organizations like the MC are the overdone drama and the frequency of major shit happening.

Just because the Gambino Family isn't harassing you in Wholesome, USA doesn't mean they don't exist or that they're just going about their business as good samaritans and law-abiding citizens. If organized crime was so blatant and in your face they wouldn't be so good at what they do and operating with near impunity for so long.

It's not unusual for criminal organizations and/or its members to protect their own territories. It's called "don't shit where you eat". I'm sure you've heard the saying that the safest neighborhood is the one where a prominent mob boss is your neighbor. Like OMNI said, it doesn't happen that frequently in real life.
--- merged: Jan 29, 2014 at 7:46 PM ---
the more someone bitches about me the longer I'll stay :anim_22: :anim_59:

Who's asking you to leave? :D

Last edited by a moderator: