Sons Of Anarchy

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
At today's long distance rates, for 50 cents he can call you and fill your ear with put-downs and condescending remarks for about 45 minutes. :icon_lol:

Seriously??
He's out of material after one line :D

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Seriously??
He's out of material after one line :D

I've had long conversations with OMNI offline. Believe me when I say he's holding back. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMNI knows I kid, have had many text convo's with him while playing TOR as well :P

OMNI is actually a very cool dude! Calm, collected...but here he can be a raving maniac! :anim_59: He and I were playing DayZ for a while. :)

Bluce Ree

*yawn*
--- merged: Sep 17, 2013 at 10:00 PM ---
That makes two yawners so far. I thought we'd get more with 1h30 episodes. We're just getting more frelling commercials and not much story progression.

I hope this is building up to something that's going to pay off by episode 3 or 4. I won't be able to hang on to this boring snail's pace for the entire season. Almost feels like Sutter is getting tired and running out of story to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
peronally im having trouble "believing" the characters and that this is how they would act as established by what came before... but yes its def weak this season so far as was last season.
--- merged: Sep 18, 2013 at 3:58 AM ---
*yawn*
--- merged: Sep 17, 2013 at 10:00 PM ---
That makes two yawners so far. I thought we'd get more with 1h30 episodes. We're just getting more frelling commercials and not much story progression.

I hope this is building up to something that's going to pay off by episode 3 or 4. I won't be able to hang on to this boring snail's pace for the entire season. Almost feels like Sutter is getting tired and running out of story to tell.
dude seriously do yourself a favor and watch Game of Thrones, after watching that im SURE youll have a diffrent perspective on good characters and story telling compared to the trash we are getting from SOA and breaking bad this year, TRUST ME.

Bluce Ree

peronally im having trouble "believing" the characters and that this is how they would act as established by what came before... but yes its def weak this season so far as was last season.
--- merged: Sep 18, 2013 at 3:58 AM ---

dude seriously do yourself a favor and watch Game of Thrones, after watching that im SURE youll have a diffrent perspective on good characters and story telling compared to the trash we are getting from SOA and breaking bad this year, TRUST ME.

The wife is in Haiti at the moment for an upcoming fashion show. She wants to watch GOT as well. When she's back in a couple weeks I'll be on it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bluce Ree

That parrot is a riot. He looks like he's saying, "Wtf are you saying? Are you talking to me? I'm the only one here."

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Thought you SOA kids might like to see this. Read the link for the full story. It's pretty good. :shep_lol:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/youre-a-...hy-creator-goes-off-on-conservative-activist/

‘You’re a Pathetic F*cking Douchebag’:Sons of Anarchy Creator Goes Off on Conservative Activist

Suffice it to say, Sons of Anarchy screenwriterKurt Sutter does not like conservative media activist and author Brent Bozell.

In response to an opinion piece written by Bozell last week, Sutter tore into the Parents Television Council (PTC) founder in an open letter, calling him a “pathetic f****** douchebag” and deeming PTC a “hate group” with “no real interest in the betterment of children.”

B

Backstep

Now I wonder if this PTC people are the ones who write on TV blogs and forums, they sit and watch programs rated TV 14 or M rated movies on cable, with the "8 or 9" year old child.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Personally I think Sutter gives Bozell too much notoriety with his comments. I wouldn't have even bothered lowering myself to respond to this Right wing hack.

Bluce Ree

This series is turning into Boardwalk Empire. Tonight's ep is nearly all about helping a tranny get her kid back and Tara screwing over Jax with his kids. Still 30 mins left.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Bluce Ree

What a f'king shitty episode. They could have tied up the tranny and Tara's fake lost baby in 15 minutes. Why the fk did Sutter blow an entire episode on this shit??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So I started watching this on netflix. I really liked THE SHIELD (finally got to finish the series-after we moved here in 04 our cable didn't have FX lost track of the show) and I saw that many of the same TPTB's from SHIELD are with SOA, many of the actors are back as well. Even had a 'flashback' of sorts in first ep with the "19'ers".

So far, I am up to s1 ep6 and man it is about nothing but cliche,cliche,cliche. That and the characters seem to have no "moral compass"--in THE SHIELD, the main "bad guy" Det Vic Mackey skimmed money for the sole purpose of providing for his family, other then that he hammered down on the shit he didn't want going on in his precinct. Forrest Whittaker is pretty awesome in it too-IMO one of his best performances.

In SOA it seems that no one has a compass other then for BS biker rules and no respect for any of the rule of law--they bash strangers for beating on their girlfriends but then treat their women like shit.

It is way to "billy the kid/ take your pick of goofy 50's cowboy movies"- Really? A running gunfight going down the highway?

They say anarchy (from Jax's dad's manuscript) is about living free of rules, religion and the "man" but they have their own hierarchies and head man BS going on-none of them are free.

I am only sticking with it because it now has Jay Karnes in it (the ATF guy) he was also in the SHIELD so I am interested in his role.

And Mitch Pilleggi has a NAZI gang banger? He really doesn't fit the role- he'll always be Asst Director Skinner to me

So someone pls tell me one reason why I should watch this beyond season 1

Bluce Ree

In SOA it seems that no one has a compass other then for BS biker rules and no respect for any of the rule of law--they bash strangers for beating on their girlfriends but then treat their women like shit.

Which characters treated "their" women like shit?

And Mitch Pilleggi has a NAZI gang banger? He really doesn't fit the role- he'll always be Asst Director Skinner to me

Not a far leap from "Skinner" to "Skinhead". :icon_lol: