Falling Skies Ratings Discussion

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What were the ratings for Failing Skies this week? Anyone???

Every Joe Blow review I've read of the show is negative -- every single one. I'm not even seeing any squee drones for this show. So who are all these people watching it?

Check out these reviews. They're pretty accurate about all the flaws in the show.

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3206499

B

Backstep

From tv by the numbers

Falling Skies

FS made a gain in viewers from last week.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I just don't get it. :confused:

B

Backstep

I just don't get it. :confused:

I would suspect the rise came from the preview for last weeks ep. The threat to the children with the hint of a battle with the skitters.

I'll keep my prediction of 3.991 from the last ep for the next ep, as there was no battle, nothing but a calibrator for the aliens.

Ok now it's official the word "hater" has been used for anyone who does not care for FS.

The Falling Skies haters will surely tremble if it can hold its 1.4 adults 18-49 rating on Sunday, if so it will be TNT’s highest-rated scripted show with adults 18-49 for the week.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...zzoli-plus-live3-ratings-for-last-week/98423/

G

Graybrew1

I would suspect the rise came from the preview for last weeks ep. The threat to the children with the hint of a battle with the skitters.

I'll keep my prediction of 3.991 from the last ep for the next ep, as there was no battle, nothing but a calibrator for the aliens.

Ok now it's official the word "hater" has been used for anyone who does not care for FS.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...zzoli-plus-live3-ratings-for-last-week/98423/

Wow, does that mean I have officially been dubbed a HATER? :D :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

HA!!! in today's charged rhetoric...I give them two weeks before dubbing anyone who dislikes it a nazi! :P

I agree that next week will see a dip...last weeks ep was such a snore that next weeks ratings will go down! :ori:

B

Backstep

Wow, does that mean I have officially been dubbed a HATER? :D :P

I'm waiting to see if the keywords of "you don't get it, it's more mature, if you don't like it, change the channel" are to be used next :rotflmao:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Where are the bodies of the 90% of humanity that died in the invasion? Not to be gross but why are there no rotting corpses anywhere? They showed one harnessed body in the first show and that's it. Six months in and the lawns magically cut themselves. There is apparently tons of ammo everywhere even though the military has been fighting the skitters for six months.

B

Backstep

Where are the bodies of the 90% of humanity that died in the invasion? Not to be gross but why are there no rotting corpses anywhere? They showed one harnessed body in the first show and that's it. Six months in and the lawns magically cut themselves. There is apparently tons of ammo everywhere even though the military has been fighting the skitters for six months.

The Cylons cleaned up the bodies and have the contract for lawn care :icon_e_smile:

G

Graybrew1

I agree, they did this to take the yuck factor out and make it more family friendly, but once again the science fiction and realism had to take the hit for it. :icon_e_wink:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I agree, they did this to take the yuck factor out and make it more family friendly, but once again the science fiction and realism had to take the hit for it. :icon_e_wink:

Which is why I don't understand the ratings this thing is getting. Everyone seems to hate the focus on the family at the expense of good scifi. It simply can't continue to garner these kinds of ratings. It's too heavily flawed to keep an audience. Good thing (for them) that they're fraudulently labeling 10 episodes as a season now because by the end of 20 of them I'm sure it will be much lower. It simply has to be.

G

Graybrew1

Which is why I don't understand the ratings this thing is getting. Everyone seems to hate the focus on the family at the expense of good scifi. It simply can't continue to garner these kinds of ratings. It's too heavily flawed to keep an audience. Good thing they're fraudulently labeling 10 episodes as a season now because by the end of 20 of them I'm sure it will be much lower. It simply has to be.

Ultimately, I think people have just lowered their expectations and are willing to accept less. The dumbing down of the public is nothing new, It is just extra sad to see it happen with SciFi fans, I expected better of us. :(

B

Backstep

When sgu first came out i read an article about how TV producers found a caged audience in introverts, and they were dubbed as TV surrogate syndrome. Where most people live their life in the now, the TV surrogates live their live vicariously through shows and characters on tv. As you will defend a real life friend, these people will defend a show and its characters. I can not find the link to post :(

I do not believe it's scifi fans who are still watching, it's the casual viewers TV executives are always hopping tune in to their show, then will turn into fans, are the ones watching.

G

Graybrew1

When sgu first came out i read an article about how TV producers found a caged audience in introverts, and they were dubbed as TV surrogate syndrome. Where most people live their life in the now, the TV surrogates live their live vicariously through shows and characters on tv. As you will defend a real life friend, these people will defend a show and its characters. I can not find the link to post :(

I do not believe it's scifi fans who are still watching, it's the casual viewers TV executives are always hopping tune in to their show, then will turn into fans, are the ones watching.

I hope you are right, but I know some of us here are still watching and trying to give it it's last chance.

S

Stonelesscutter

I hope you are right, but I know some of us here are still watching and trying to give it it's last chance.

Well it's not like there's a hell of a lot else to watch. But if it continues to be as boring as last weeks ep then I might just kiss a show goodbye for the first time ever.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well it's not like there's a hell of a lot else to watch. But if it continues to be as boring as last weeks ep then I might just kiss a show goodbye for the first time ever.

I hate that excuse! There is TONS of stuff to watch. The mentality of Brad Wrong and his minions was the same...they figured that if there was no other new Stargate to watch, that fans would be "forced" to watch SGU because "there wasnt anything else to watch".:roll:. I would rather count drops from a leaky faucet over an hour than watch SGU. In the case of Failing Skies, its curiosity for me...its life as a series reminds me of SGU, but the ratings trajectory is a mystery to me. I dont see how it is getting any gains at all. It should be a ramp downward like SGU was.

G

Graybrew1

There is not a lot of NEW stuff to watch, People like new stuff. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There is not a lot of NEW stuff to watch, People like new stuff. ;)

Really? Well, I just made some new "stuff"...perhaps people will want to see it before I flush? :laughing:

The reason I drive a 20 year old Mercedes is because its better made then a brand new one! People who spent over $40,000 on a brand new 2002 C-class Mercedes have most likely carted it off to the junkyard by now, and those still left on the road are squeaky, rattly wrecks. Meanwhile, my trusty 300 E-Class which is 20 years old still runs quiet, no squeaks or rattles, and the interior wood and leather is still great looking. New isnt always better. In fact, new is frequently WAY WORSE these days.

New shows suck IMO. No depth...no intellect. Its all science-fashion now: tinkling piano, perfect hair, stylish jeans and nouveau grunge chic. I want STORIES and good WRITING. :(

S

Stonelesscutter

I hate that excuse! There is TONS of stuff to watch. The mentality of Brad Wrong and his minions was the same...they figured that if there was no other new Stargate to watch, that fans would be "forced" to watch SGU because "there wasnt anything else to watch".:roll:. I would rather count drops from a leaky faucet over an hour than watch SGU. In the case of Failing Skies, its curiosity for me...its life as a series reminds me of SGU, but the ratings trajectory is a mystery to me. I dont see how it is getting any gains at all. It should be a ramp downward like SGU was.

Right now I'm following Falling Skies and Eureka. All the other series I used to follow are on hiatus or have been cancelled.