Falling Skies Ratings Discussion

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
HA!!! and I predicted it would go over 5 million!!! anyone want to buy lottery tickets? ;) :P

You sure did - mental green for that. :)

Can we do Powerball on Gatefans?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well it's good that it went up because that means it's improving. Here's hoping they can maintain the scifi aspects next season.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Well it's good that it went up because that means it's improving. Here's hoping they can maintain the scifi aspects next season.

Did you see the finale yet ape? It made me disappointed that we need to wait until next summer for more eps. :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Ok watched the final and while it had great aspects...the munity ep was excellent! I was disappointed at the end...it was TOO much like close encounters of the thrid kind.- which yes I saw in theaters back in the dark ages (before cellphones:P) and wasn't a huge fan of...Richard Dreyfuss and the mashed potato mountain was weird...then he did it with dirt in his house! :P Hubby asked
why weaver let tom go....tom has all of the info about the resistance in that area...tom should have been shot berfore he was allowed to walk openly into the enemy ship...
and I thought he had a good point! next summer seems like a long time from now! :(

S

Stonelesscutter

I found the end rather crappy as well. The aliens tell Tom that they can call back Ben at any time and he just walks straight into their ship without even considering for a moment. Who says the aliens are telling the truth? Why not just see what happens and prevent Ben from leaving if he tries? Why didn't Tom think about his other (younger) son and what leaving would do to him?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I found the end rather crappy as well. The aliens tell Tom that they can call back Ben at any time and he just walks straight into their ship without even considering for a moment. Who says the aliens are telling the truth? Why not just see what happens and prevent Ben from leaving if he tries? Why didn't Tom think about his other (younger) son and what leaving would do to him?

Yep very short-sighted I agree. and very very Close encounters opf the third kind -ish...it was spielberg's "baby" at the time! :P
...now are we supposed to use spoilers at this stage or not? I did because I wasn't sure how many had seen/want to see the ep!

G

Graybrew1

That was so dumb, they kicked our butts and nearly wiped out our planet, but NOW they are going to talk to us, because of the radio signal and new bullets. BS. Total BS. Bad writing. :eek:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Don't hold back

That was so dumb, they kicked our butts and nearly wiped out our planet, but NOW they are going to talk to us, because of the radio signal and new buletts. BS. Total BS. Bad writing. :eek:

Yeah the old school ham radio/signal thing is a bit far fetched. I mean, no one else had the capability of detecting radio signals simply because the power grid was knocked out, like there are no back up generators anywhere, especially in the military?

And a species that is advanced enough to reach Earth from God knows where but still communicates via easily hacked radio waves is believable???

S

Stonelesscutter

Yep very short-sighted I agree. and very very Close encounters opf the third kind -ish...it was spielberg's "baby" at the time! :P
...now are we supposed to use spoilers at this stage or not? I did because I wasn't sure how many had seen/want to see the ep!

I think these sort of threads should just have a SPOILER warning in the thread name. That way people can just talk about whatever's new. It's important for a website to be "up-to-date" after all.

S

Stonelesscutter

That was so dumb, they kicked our butts and nearly wiped out our planet, but NOW they are going to talk to us, because of the radio signal and new buletts. BS. Total BS. Bad writing. :eek:

Indeed.

S

Stonelesscutter

Yeah the old school ham radio/signal thing is a bit far fetched. I mean, no one else had the capability of detecting radio signals simply because the power grid was knocked out, like there are no back up generators anywhere, especially in the military?

And a species that is advanced enough to reach Earth from God knows where but still communicates via easily hacked radio waves is believable???

Well, they do use radio waves without any equipment, so they're a bit ahead on that front. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, they do use radio waves without any equipment, so they're a bit ahead on that front. :)

Any species that can master galactic/inter-galactic space travel/dimension shifts would have the know how to genetically alter the way their internal "radios" work.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If there was rioting here, I'd ask the police if I could help them.

Are people over there like...busting up stuff and looting? Its nuts! I hope none of that starts happening here. My bro told me that parts of the UK are in anarchy.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Kind of a fishy season finale but it was ok. lol, the secondary explosives from that one stinger missile thing was something huh. They should have locked up that kid a long time ago, knew he'd try to betray em. I dislike how Pope is a sort of jack of all trades but he is pretty funny on occasion. I wish they'd stop showing scenes with the little kid, such a scene sucker. Wonder why they want to open dialogue now, curious as to their agenda.

S

Stonelesscutter

Are people over there like...busting up stuff and looting? Its nuts! I hope none of that starts happening here. My bro told me that parts of the UK are in anarchy.

It's just the UK. On the other side of the channel. No trouble on European mainland. Well, not like that at least.
I've seen some footage of a Sony distribution center on fire. Now I know I dissed Sony a while back, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It looked like a blazing forest fire.

S

Stonelesscutter

Kind of a fishy season finale but it was ok. lol, the secondary explosives from that one stinger missile thing was something huh. They should have locked up that kid a long time ago, knew he'd try to betray em. I dislike how Pope is a sort of jack of all trades but he is pretty funny on occasion. I wish they'd stop showing scenes with the little kid, such a scene sucker. Wonder why they want to open dialogue now, curious as to their agenda.

Indeed! The kid that wants to go to the skitters (Rick I believe) should have been chained to a radiator or something. Now he even attacked that old man. Then he runs away and tells the enemy EVERYTHING they're not supposed to know. But they don't even frakking want him anymore! Lol! Then he goes all like "boohoohoo I miss my daddy soooo" and they bring him back to camp. FRAK THAT LITTLE KID! They should have just left him there all by himself.

Pope does seem to be a know-it-all. It's a little annoying perhaps, but so far I can take it. I wonder how far they're gonna stretch that though. I wouldn't be surprised if next season he'd reveal that he used to be G.I. Joe in a previous life.