Youtube analytics

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
did you see the paste in/ link with views/ money made for the guy i have a thread on--bald and bankrupt?

just wondering if it is real or over blown?

says he has made over $1 mil in the last year

i'll tag you in the post so you can see what i mean

Can you just post a link to the thread? I am not sure how the tags work here. :) And yeah, the money can be crazy good.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
My channel's been experiencing a sudden uptick again for the past 10 days or so. And it's still on the rise. Currently sitting at over 200000 views in the last 48 hours. That's much higher than it's ever been before.

record.png

Attachments

• record.png
    record.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 250

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
And it's still going up. In fact, already went up by over 1000 since creating this screenshot a minute ago.

record.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
10 million!

10000000.png

And it only took about 17 days this time. :)

Still went up a bit in view numbers over the last 48 hours too.

record.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
There are three levels of Creator Awards based on the following subscriber milestones:

• Silver – when you reach 100,000 subscribers
  • Gold – when you reach 1,000,000 subscribers
  • Diamond – when you reach 10,000,000 subscribers
In addition to the above subscriber threshold requirements, Creator Awards are given at YouTube's discretion. We only recognise creators who follow our guidelines, and each channel is reviewed before an award can be issued.

That means that we reward creators who keep their accounts in good standing without copyright strikes or violations of YouTube's Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. You'll need to resolve any such issues to be considered for a Creator Award.

Additionally, Creator Awards are meant to recognise those that bring original content to YouTube. For this reason, channels that focus on compilations, mixes, curation or heavy use of third-party copyrighted content or characters may not be eligible for Creator Awards. Learn more about copyright on YouTube.

That's from the Google support page on the subject. (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7682560)

In other words, my channel will never receive an award.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
do you use tubebuddy? congrats on the ten million views!
Nope, I do not use anything but Youtube itself. And since posting the videos years ago, the only thing I do is keep track of views and read comments and respond to some.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
fwiw, i subscribed! i only have 700,000 personally. do you do anything special to offset copyright strikes?
Thanks! I don't do anything special. I just looked into things the other day though and it turns out I have no copyright strikes. My account is in perfect standing. I think this is because the copyright holder has apparently decided to monetize my videos and they are also putting links underneath my videos to the full episodes which can be purchased on Youtube. I've checked Stargate videos by other uploaders and I haven't yet found any which also have such links under them. It's strange but it kinda makes me feel like my channel is the unofficial official Stargate channel on Youtube. :D

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
11 million!

:joy:

Took only 12 days this time.

11million.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
and you will probably get more, with so many ppl around the world shut in their homes now and having nothing to do but surf the net, stream-binge, or make babies :popcorn:
Yeah, but it's over the peak already. Now it will probably linger at the current level for a short while, then go down to the basic levels. Until the algorithm triggers again and starts sending out recommendations to people again.

peak.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, but it's over the peak already. Now it will probably linger at the current level for a short while, then go down to the basic levels. Until the algorithm triggers again and starts sending out recommendations to people again.

View attachment 35466

So it turns out that it happened exactly as I had suspected. Viewer count has gone down and seems to have stabilized. Only difference is that it's now stable at around 15000 to 16000 views per day, as opposed to about 5000 views per day before, so about 3 times as much.

stabilized.png