Youtube analytics

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It continues. Slowly going up.

stats.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The channel has now surpassed 4 million total views. I was waiting for 5 million to be the next milestone, but that's taking a bit long, so now I'm calling 4 million a baby milestone. :P The recent increase in views is still holding and at the moment it's doing around 20k views per day.

milestone1.png

milestone2.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
There had been a nice little resurgence in views over the past couple of weeks, but the last two weeks the views have steadily declined again. Too bad. One thing this does tell me though is that Stargate is definitely still alive. There's plenty of people out there who reminisce on the show.

views.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Channel currently averaging about 5000 views per day. If this keeps up, I estimate to hit the 5 million views mark at around 21/01/2019.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I hope that won't trigger some kind of account review and they remove all my content for violation of copyrights.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just noticed an interesting message on my Youtube account. It seems like Youtube is processing a purge.

SubscriberPurge.png

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
I hope that won't trigger some kind of account review and they remove all my content for violation of copyrights.

As long as nobody complains you should be ok. If I recall their policy, they don't actively police copyright content unless a complaint by the copyright holder is made. This is why you'll often see whole movies uploaded to Youtube survive days, sometimes weeks, before being removed for copyright violation.

If you add commentary to your clips it may qualify under the Fair Use doctrine.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
As long as nobody complains you should be ok. If I recall their policy, they don't actively police copyright content unless a complaint by the copyright holder is made. This is why you'll often see whole movies uploaded to Youtube survive days, sometimes weeks, before being removed for copyright violation.

If you add commentary to your clips it may qualify under the Fair Use doctrine.
What kind of commentary would you suggest?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Channel currently averaging about 5000 views per day. If this keeps up, I estimate to hit the 5 million views mark at around 21/01/2019.

Getting really close now...

views.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Channel's been averaging about 12k views a day lately. Not too shabby.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

Channel just hit 5,502,807 total views. That's roughly half a million since I hit the five on 13th of January. So that's 43 days. Hmmm... So at that rate, if it keeps steady, that would equate to roughly 4.25 million views over a year. So what was that lowest Youtube award tier again? 20 million? So that's about 14.5 million left... No wait I looked it up it actually doesn't go on view count but on subscriber count. Nevermind.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Channel just hit 5,502,807 total views. That's roughly half a million since I hit the five on 13th of January. So that's 43 days. Hmmm... So at that rate, if it keeps steady, that would equate to roughly 4.25 million views over a year. So what was that lowest Youtube award tier again? 20 million? So that's about 14.5 million left... No wait I looked it up it actually doesn't go on view count but on subscriber count. Nevermind.

You need 10,000 subscriber and you get your Play Button award. :) Awesome work!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
You need 10,000 subscriber and you get your Play Button award. :) Awesome work!
Really? I'm at about 2500 now. That Youtube purge I was talking about doesn't appear to have had any measurable effect on my channel. Think I gained somewhere between 125 and 150 subscribers in the past 28 days.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
And then suddenly the views started steadily declining and now I'm down to about 7000 views a day. Shame.