Youtube analytics

DrWho42

GateFans Member
i recently accrued 800,000 views? the milestone image is courtesy of tubebuddy:
EYNBwwrUYAAYNA5

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Reached 13 million views the other day. Took a while since the 12 million. Daily viewer count settled pretty low at around 2000-2500. Gonna have to wait until the next time the algorithm suggests my videos.

13000000.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
If there is a correlation, judging by the channel views, there would appear to be an uptick in the interest in Stargate going on around now.

uptick.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It has been a long time coming, and today, at Christmas, it is finally happening. About to reach 20 million total views on the channel.

19999300.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I've been running a long term experiment, sort of. I used to check daily for new comments on my videos and respond to some where applicable and like them where appropriate. This I did for years on end. Then there was a moment where I suddenly lost interest in certain things, because I always had the same tabs open in my browser and I felt stuck in a rut. So that's when I stopped looking at the comments, among other things. It has now been more than a year since I stopped.

I suspect that there is a relation between my activity on my channel and the amount of views it gets, or rather, the amount of times "the algorithm" promotes my videos. When looking at the graph of the amount of views over the past 4 years, you can see spikes occurring now and then, at intervals which appear to be reasonably consistent. But since I stopped interacting with the comments, there have been no significant spikes.

My intention is to start actively monitoring and interacting with the comments again starting tomorrow. I'm curious to see if the graph will show any response to this over the next couple of months.

4 years.png

The part below the graph shows which videos were most watched. Looks like Maybourne is a popular fellow.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So, I've massively failed in keeping an eye on my youtube channel and comments, like I said I would. Still, there appears to currently be an increase in interest in Stargate. The channel had been hovering around 2500 views per day for a long long time, but at the moment it has risen to about 8000 views per day.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The interest in Stargate is starting to pick up again. At least if the channel views are any measure.

views.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Lol. 1.4 M views. 1.3 M more than usual.
I like it.

views2.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Views on the Stargate channel have been slowly creeping upwards lately. There's no spike. Getting about 27k views per 48 hours now.

1681421235973.png

O, yeah, over 27 million views now. Hadn't reported on that in a while.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Views on the Stargate channel have been slowly creeping upwards lately. There's no spike. Getting about 27k views per 48 hours now.

View attachment 35781

O, yeah, over 27 million views now. Hadn't reported on that in a while.
interesting, are you still uploading? you said you can't be monetized due to it being copyrighted material, yes?

you have enough subs to be monetized though.. you could make those "AI" voiceover vids on really anything, and start raking in the moola :)

you ever look at putting those 'affiliated ad' links in your videos or description? I was bored one day and did some research on all the ways YT'rs make money, because some of them are pulling in crazy amounts, and we never see their face or hear their voice either

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
interesting, are you still uploading? you said you can't be monetized due to it being copyrighted material, yes?

you have enough subs to be monetized though.. you could make those "AI" voiceover vids on really anything, and start raking in the moola :)

you ever look at putting those 'affiliated ad' links in your videos or description? I was bored one day and did some research on all the ways YT'rs make money, because some of them are pulling in crazy amounts, and we never see their face or hear their voice either
I haven't uploaded anything for about ten years.

The material is copyrighted and therefore can only be monetized by the copyright holder, which as far as I'm aware they are doing. Sure, it'd be nice to have some extra income, but that was never the intent of the channel. The objective was to promote Stargate and keep it alive, and I didn't want to profiteer on that. If I ever come up with a concept for a channel of my own though, I'd be happy to monetize, if it's even a little bit successful.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I've been waiting for this one for quite a while. Finally reached 30 million views!

30022529.png

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Well done! Does this mean Stargate is back? I need to remember where all of the shows left off...