Who is asking for driveless cars?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and also the richest state. We produce the most agriculture and are the center of the tech industry. California would be formidable even as a separate country.

but also super vulnerable..we just got to turn off the tap :)

you guys are wasting so much of your own water

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Places like California are not as easily manipulated by lobbyists as in other states. The people here would never allow things like open carry, stand your ground, voter ID cards, stop and frisk, etc. To those who ask "So, is California "special" or something?", the answer is YES, we are definitely special among the states. We are the largest population in the US, the third largest in area, and also the richest state. We produce the most agriculture and are the center of the tech industry. California would be formidable even as a separate country.

Having said that, I can tell you that we love our cars. That means that driverless cars are not going to find a foothold here. The automakers will never be able to sell driverless cars here. They want to sell Beemers, Benzes, Audis and Toyotas and all the other cars (oh, and we are the largest auto market in the US as well).
It's not a question of love. I love my car too. It's rock solid and hasn't missed a beat. I have taken care of it and get it serviced and checked up whenever I need to but corporations have power and wealth and they can get away with murder and mass genocide and have done so since the dawn of time.
Alex Jones being banned should tell you the power that these corporations have. I don't like alex jones and a lot of the things he has said are insensitive/crude/vulgar/idiotic/stupid/crazy but he didn't break any laws in your countries but his stuff still got banned. These corporations will try very hard to force us onto this because they want to control your life. They want to get to know you more.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's not a question of love. I love my car too. It's rock solid and hasn't missed a beat. I have taken care of it and get it serviced and checked up whenever I need to but corporations have power and wealth and they can get away with murder and mass genocide and have done so since the dawn of time.
Alex Jones being banned should tell you the power that these corporations have. I don't like alex jones and a lot of the things he has said are insensitive/crude/vulgar/idiotic/stupid/crazy but he didn't break any laws in your countries but his stuff still got banned. These corporations will try very hard to force us onto this because they want to control your life. They want to get to know you more.

I agree. And that is why it is so important to remain independent of them and their products. That means no Facebook, no Twitter or Instagram or reading the "news" from their mouthpieces, no brand loyalty. Dry it all out and distill everything you do down to the basics. Nothing wrong with being online and sharing thoughts, but doing that on a site like Facebook or Twitter is a high risk activity. Buying into driverless cars, internet connected devices which have camera and microphones built into them, and any site which asks for intrusive information you should be protecting is a place you need to avoid at all costs.

Alex Jones should be allowed to speak out. But the fact that he chose to do it on Facebook and Youtube made him vulnerable to their TOS agreements and draconian censorship. I know from experience that investing time and energy into a site that censors is a losing battle. He can still speak out, but he will need to beef up his own website which is here: https://www.infowars.com/ I can see already that his traffic to that site has gone up almost 500% in ONE DAY.

Driverless cars are not going to be popular anywhere, in my opinion. The only way they will gain users is by forcing them to use them.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I agree. And that is why it is so important to remain independent of them and their products. That means no Facebook, no Twitter or Instagram or reading the "news" from their mouthpieces, no brand loyalty. Dry it all out and distill everything you do down to the basics. Nothing wrong with being online and sharing thoughts, but doing that on a site like Facebook or Twitter is a high risk activity. Buying into driverless cars, internet connected devices which have camera and microphones built into them, and any site which asks for intrusive information you should be protecting is a place you need to avoid at all costs.

Alex Jones should be allowed to speak out. But the fact that he chose to do it on Facebook and Youtube made him vulnerable to their TOS agreements and draconian censorship. I know from experience that investing time and energy into a site that censors is a losing battle. He can still speak out, but he will need to beef up his own website which is here: https://www.infowars.com/ I can see already that his traffic to that site has gone up almost 500% in ONE DAY.

Driverless cars are not going to be popular anywhere, in my opinion. The only way they will gain users is by forcing them to use them.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Americans have always loved her cars. Yesterday the 10 millionth Mustang rolled off the assembly line. :D Learned to drive on a 68 'stang! :D
The driverless car will remain a novelty here....too many "wide open spaces"! :D

I just saw some dumb bitch eating a frozen dinner with a fork as she pulled up next to me at a stop light. I shit you not. I had to do a double take because I couldn't believe it. I thought about filming her but had my phone stowed away in a pocket and didn't want to be distracted while driving myself.

And on a related note I just got my car insurance renewal notice and it's gone up considerably once again. I have no accidents or claims pending, nor in my past, so the reason for the jump in my premium is not due to me. It seems to be solely in regards to the liability portion of my coverage. So apparently good drivers have to pay for all the distracted idiots who are causing more accidents nowadays. Yay. :sour:

heisenberg

Earl Grey

These people are just finding something to do and adding more to the problem. Just have a look at samsung's presentation. Absolutely terrible. This technology doesn't fix anything. It just makes us more dependent on a technology that we didn't need dependence on. It's like smoking or taking drugs. They are trying to brainwash people into buying this crap so they can make a truckload of money and fuck this planet even more.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
These people are just finding something to do and adding more to the problem. Just have a look at samsung's presentation. Absolutely terrible. This technology doesn't fix anything. It just makes us more dependent on a technology that we didn't need dependence on. It's like smoking or taking drugs. They are trying to brainwash people into buying this crap so they can make a truckload of money and fuck this planet even more.

Okay, lets look at it differently. Essentially, that whole presentation, the people involved in it, the product itself...all of it means nothing to me because I already have a smartphone I am happy with. There is nothing much I don't like about it, so I am uninterested in looking at ads or presentations for a new one. You have that choice too. Let those who are lured into that trap be ensnared. Nobody forced you to watch that video. There is nothing special enough about anything I saw in it that made me want to do more than skim through it. Why not CHOOSE to not be brainwashed?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

:( I don't want a self-driving future. If they want to have public transportation with self-driving tech, fine. But who the hell should want to pay for a car that they can't drive? Isn't that like making private citizens buy a node on a network owned by another company altogether? Any self driving car is essentially controlled by something other than the owner. The costs for such a vehicle would be never-ending.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
:( I don't want a self-driving future. If they want to have public transportation with self-driving tech, fine. But who the hell should want to pay for a car that they can't drive? Isn't that like making private citizens buy a node on a network owned by another company altogether? Any self driving car is essentially controlled by something other than the owner. The costs for such a vehicle would be never-ending.
This is inevitable but the laws of universe eventually catchup and self driving cars will make things worse

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Apple cofounder doesn't want apple to driveless cars. He also completely destroys facebook and tesla to pieces.

The Woz, lol. This man makes the worst choices EVER. He is worth a measly 100 million, and he is the co-founder of Apple, now a TRILLION dollar company. All because he made bad choices along the way and is no longer part of the action.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I think that the cheap labor lobbies are the ones pushing for driverless cars. A car/truck driver can belong to a union. A robot/computer cannot.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Self-driving cars may cause more pollution

As long as they're fully electric cars the pollution at least won't be where the cars are driving, which is a REAL benefit.

Hugh Jass

GateFans Cadet
As I was saying, you can't escape the laws of economics. Not unless you can re-write the laws of physics. Demand will always catchup with supply eventually demand will exceed supply. Still think that my theory about them leaving the planet for mars is farfetched? Clearly these people know there is a growing problem and they have done this to get out of this mess by having space race.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/n...he-electric-grid-transforms-radically-/115821

Self-driving cars may cause more pollution

Mars is a big desert with no air, man. You need to take a chill pill and chillax. You live in Australia where life is beautiful and the oceans are blue with sharks and the backwoods are lush green with giant spiders and snakes and bugs the size of my arm. Oh wait on second thought ... :(

Last edited:

Meyers82

GateFans Noob
It's probably one of those fodder inventions made just to say we have made a new innovation but really does nothing to help the society.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So, who wants driverless cars?

Hmmm......

a) People who don't care that such technology inherently means someone (Google or apple or such) will know every move you make except on foot.

b) People who actually trust these companies to make a safe driverless vehicle

c) People who don't trust and still want it - in other words people with death wishes.

Hmmm......

a) People who don't care that such technology inherently means someone (Google or apple or such) will know every move you make except on foot.

I think a lot of people are already okay with this as proven by the way no one turns off their location on their mobile devices nor do they untangle the Google tendrils that come pre-loaded on those devices.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

Hmmm......

They already know all this for every car which has a GPS system built in, regardless of the car being driverless or not.

Hugh Jass

GateFans Cadet
I think a lot of people are already okay with this as proven by the way no one turns off their location on their mobile devices nor do they untangle the Google tendrils that come pre-loaded on those devices.

Can't wait for Apple's driverless cars! Better with each update!