Warehouse 13 getting 20 episode order for Season 4!

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
One thing that I loved about the premiere episode is that they finally told us what that football does. :beckett_new049:

Some other shows that I could mention would have let something like that drop into a black hole.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I agree. I Warehouse 13 has always been good at not leaving threads hanging.

I will be interested to see how "evil Claudia plays out.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, so far "evil Claudia" hasn't really played out yet. I really wish they had left Jinks dead but on the other hand it seems Claudia is paying a price for misusing the artifact - that seems to be the theme this season - characters using dangerous artifacts for their own ends and the price it extracts.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, we got BJS in last nights episode. So glad he can pay his rent this month although me thinks the occasional SyFy gig certainly isn't going to get mommy to Malibu anytime soon.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, we got BJS in last nights episode. So glad he can pay his rent this month although me thinks the occasional SyFy gig certainly isn't going to get mommy to Malibu anytime soon.

Did anybody watch that movie he did? Cant remember the name...it was right after SGU was cancelled.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Did anybody watch that movie he did? Cant remember the name...it was right after SGU was cancelled.

Didn't see it. I think it was called "Red Planet" or "Red Faction" or something like that. To be honest he wasn't bad in WH13 and played the part pretty well, except for the ending which I attribute to bad, hackneyed writing more than anything else. The first scene with him in though was pretty good, he does have some acting chops (although he was horribly miscast as a Lt. in SGU).

As it is I could see him getting a regular role on a SyFy channel, non-reality type show (the few that there are that is). He'll probably manage to snag a regular acting gig in the not to distant future I imagine but still, mommy is gonna have to wait a little longer to get that ocean view. :icon_mrgreen:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Didn't see it. I think it was called "Red Planet" or "Red Faction" or something like that. To be honest he wasn't bad in WH13 and played the part pretty well, except for the ending which I attribute to bad, hackneyed writing more than anything else. The first scene with him in though was pretty good, he does have some acting chops (although he was horribly miscast as a Lt. in SGU).

As it is I could see him getting a regular role on a SyFy channel, non-reality type show (the few that there are that is). He'll probably manage to snag a regular acting gig in the not to distant future I imagine but still, mommy is gonna have to wait a little longer to get that ocean view. :icon_mrgreen:

Yep. I believe he will become part of the "pool" of familiar actors we see in so many of these shows. Continuum (awesome show) has several Stargate actors in it as well as Sanctuary actors. We see "Henry" from Sanctuary in Falling Skies, and last night in the season finale of Continuum, we have "Adam" from Sanctuary coming into the show. "Bra'tac" in in the shows the lead bad guy and he is great. We have had Michael Dopud in it as well. Coming soon is Primeval: New Hope which will be produced by Amanda Tapping and I suspect we will see some more actors from this "pool" in it. I do not dislike BJS, I just disliked his horndog character in SGU and I could not respect him because of the way he was allowing his mother to be a "helicopter mom" at his age. But evidently he has addressed that.

Yeah, it was "Red Faction". We should do a rewatch of it, since I have NO CLUE what it is about. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yep. I believe he will become part of the "pool" of familiar actors we see in so many of these shows. Continuum (awesome show) has several Stargate actors in it as well as Sanctuary actors. We see "Henry" from Sanctuary in Falling Skies, and last night in the season finale of Continuum, we have "Adam" from Sanctuary coming into the show. "Bra'tac" in in the shows the lead bad guy and he is great. We have had Michael Dopud in it as well. Coming soon is Primeval: New Hope which will be produced by Amanda Tapping and I suspect we will see some more actors from this "pool" in it. I do not dialike BJS, I just disliked his horndog character in SGU and I could not respect him because of the way he was allowing his mother to be a "helicopter mom" at his age. But evidently he has addressed that.

Yeah, it was "Red Faction". We should do a rewatch of it, since I have NO CLUE what it is about. :)

Do we really want to risk becoming stupider for having watched this SyFy production? Just sayin'. :highly_amused:

SciphonicStranger

Good one tonight! :beckett_new049:

And There's Always a Downside was the perfect title for this one as it was true in all four storylines.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It was okay. Switching the teams was a mistake as Steve and Myka have zero chemistry together as a team. Claudia and Pete was a little better and Brent Spiner and Artie did well together. I do like the theme they are developing this season that using artifacts comes back to haunt you - there is a price to be paid and both Artie and Claudia will pay it for using two very dangerous artifacts.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It was just an okay episode in terms of story telling. I found the whole furnace thing with Pete at the end to be horribly written to be honest. I mean, if he only had to "kill" the furnace why didn't he just shoot the (laughably big) circuit box with his electro gun thingee? Or, barring that, why didn't he just pull as many wires as he could, OR, barring that why didn't he just look for a master cut-off switch, which something that size would absolutely have to have due to the way it's constructed? Terrible writing at that part and was done only to give him a "hero" moment.

I will commend the show for doing a damn good job of scene transition the last two shows. The editing is quite good in that regard. They've definitely got a good production team on this show.

Also, the chick who plays Myka was definitely pregnant (or something) while filming this season. She's wearing a really bad wig and they always have her wearing a jacket and they tend to film her from the neck up. There are a few moments where we get a glimpse of her body but it's rare. Now, I don't have a problem with this other than that they make her wear that stupid wig. She's got a nice face so I fail to see a reason they have her wearing this big "boondah" mass of curls when her normal hair is probably just fine. Then again maybe being pregnant does something to one's hair and I just don't know because I don't have a uterus and the only thing I've ever given birth to are some bad ideas. (You all know that's true.) :happy0007:

At any rate, it's a fairly good season so far. I still think the whole Artie/Claudia thing won't play out like they are trying to make us think but rather it will be someone like Leyla who is the bad guy. As it is things are disappearing from the warehouse and they're trying to make us think it's the brotherhood that's doing it, but chances are that's just a red herring.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It actually is her own hair - just the hairstylist has gone bonkers. She had curly hair the first two seasons then they toned it down in S3. Now it seems they have gone to the opposite extreme.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It actually is her own hair - just the hairstylist has gone bonkers. She had curly hair the first two seasons then they toned it down in S3. Now it seems they have gone to the opposite extreme.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but to me it looks like a wig as opposed to just a weave and extensions. Look at her hairline on her forehead, that's where you can always tell something is going on and her's looks suspicious. Maybe that is her natural hairline but without a doubt some hair has been added to her head.

Also, they have been shooting her from mostly chest-up angles. There are some body shots of her but she's always wearing that blazer jacket. Also, her voice is definitely different almost like something hormonal is going on.

Now mind you, I'm not saying this negatively; I'm not implying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying it's something I've noticed (applaud please!). As it is I think the fans would have no problem if Myka's hair was shortened or changed -- not drastically mind you, but just something more natural. As it is she's gone from being cute in that hairstyle to something that is getting close to clownish. I admit I can't put my finger on it but there is definitely something going on with her.

Here is a site with some screencaps I've found but can't copy and paste as images for some reason. You'll notice in every one of them Joanne is wearing her jacket fully buttoned up or she's got her arms crossed in front of her stomach or they only shoot her from the neck up. There's always something covering her stomach, always. And even though Eddie wears his jacket in this episode he at least pops it open and we can see that he isn't pregnant...well you get what I mean. Again, there's definitely something going on with "Myka" this season.

http://joannekelly.net/photos/displayimage.php?album=42&pid=3975#top_display_media

And if that link doesn't work try this one:

http://joannekelly.net/

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually they line up with her naturally somewhat high hairline. What you're not seeing because of the wack styling is her partline because they have styled it out. And by doing that in conjunction with curly hair it makes it look unnatural.

As to her expecting, could be. A net search shows Joanne Kelly is not the most public person with regards to her personal life. So there is really nothing to say either way with any confidence.

Back to the show, I think they need to keep her paired up with Pete - that is who she works best with and the two of them have a real chemistry together - for example when the show does dramedy they play off each other perfectly.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Actually they line up with her naturally somewhat high hairline. What you're not seeing because of the wack styling is her partline because they have styled it out. And by doing that in conjunction with curly hair it makes it look unnatural.

As to her expecting, could be. A net search shows Joanne Kelly is not the most public person with regards to her personal life. So there is really nothing to say either way with any confidence.

Back to the show, I think they need to keep her paired up with Pete - that is who she works best with and the two of them have a real chemistry together - for example when the show does dramedy they play off each other perfectly.

That's actually connected to my theory. In last nights episode they paired her up with Jinks and she didn't have to do anything too physical whereas the high school scenes with Pete would have required more physical action on her part, more full body shots, more running around, etc. I suspect they wrote it originally with her and Pete together in this episode but had to change it due to her condition, whatever that is.

Now think about it Joelist, you make my point exactly, Myka and Pete are pretty much the reason the fans tune in. We like their pairing as they work well together. The producers and writers have to know this so why would they separate them in this episode when there really wasn't much reason to??? Like I said, the only reason I can think of is that Joanne would have to do less physical acting in this episode. As to her discovery that Jinks and Claudia are linked she seemed wayyyyyy too casual and comfortable with it. That didn't make sense to me. As it is I really think there was some quick rewriting going on in this one and it shows if you look hard enough.

As for her hair, yeah, it's probably not a full on wig, but extensions have been added and they don't sit well on her head. She's actually quite attractive so why they're so afraid to show her natural hair is beyond me as I find the clownish hair styling she's sporting this season to be distracting and unattractive.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Exactly. In a way Myka and Pete are the show. You could probably have them together in a buddy cop show and it would work (in fact in a sense Warehouse 13 is a buddy cop show).

SciphonicStranger

Um, I don’t understand why a series in its fourth season needs to have the same pairings every single week. What’s wrong with keeping it fresh and mixing it up every now and then? :confused:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Because chemistry is actually more important than freshness in a character driven show (like Warehouse 13). Putting characters together who don't have that chemistry pulls the show down. And that is a major problem - the way they wrote Jinks and the way he has been used on the show have resulted in him not meshing properly with any of the ensemble cast - they even tried with Claudia but it fell flat.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Um, I don’t understand why a series in its fourth season needs to have the same pairings every single week. What’s wrong with keeping it fresh and mixing it up every now and then? :confused:

You just had to go rattle the cage now didn't you? Sigh... :chargrined:

Suffice to say the Council has been notified of this post (and myriad others like it) and is no doubt working on charges as we speak. I hope you have a good lawyer cuz the last guy didn't and he ended up getting exiled to the Netherlands -- Yes, the Netherlands! I guess now you're wishing you had thought your post through more carefully before you hit the reply button, huh? At any rate it's too late to take back your words so we'll all just have to live with them, heretical as they are.

Break up Pete and Myka indeed! :dejection:

SciphonicStranger

You just had to go rattle the cage now didn't you? Sigh... :chargrined:

Suffice to say the Council has been notified of this post (and myriad others like it) and is no doubt working on charges as we speak. I hope you have a good lawyer cuz the last guy didn't and he ended up getting exiled to the Netherlands -- Yes, the Netherlands! I guess now you're wishing you had thought your post through more carefully before you hit the reply button, huh? At any rate it's too late to take back your words so we'll all just have to live with them, heretical as they are.

Break up Pete and Myka indeed! :dejection: