Warehouse 13 getting 20 episode order for Season 4!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I liked the episode. Artie both confronted Brent Spiner (who is doing well in this role; he is a "villain" who isn't really evil per se) and learned that HG had reasoned out what must have happened. It is all continuing on the background them this season of the consequences of using artifacts.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Interesting episode.

Artie has involved HG and Mrs. Fredericks in the Astrolabe issue and so far they are doing sound acts - like having HG hide the artifact from everyone so that the chances of Artie turning things back are minimized. They are also aware that Artie thinks Claudia is the evil but think that it is possibly Brent Spiner instead. This was good stuff and advanced the season storyline well.

Pete and Myka were on an artifact hunt that played out a bit different than usual in that they ultimately could not retrieve the artifact. But nonetheless it was well done and seeing the "team" in action again together was really good. Pete and Myka are like a really good "buddy cop" pair. Claudia and Jinks are now disconnected from the Metronome in a REALLY sappy plot that felt like it came from "The Waltons". And after all this Jinks still feels like a bit extra player the cast has no real need of. Hopefully they finally just write him out for real...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The whole metronome thing was hokey. I suspect the way they wrap up this season may very well be the same with the astrolabe -- a hokey, contrived resolution.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
According to IMDB, Leena appears in all 48 episodes. She must be the most forgotten television character ever conceived. :tongue:

This week's episode wasn't bad. Pete looked a little flabby in the ring though...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
M'kay, did I call it or did I call it? Come on, give me credit. :anim_59:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We'll see how it ends up. Something tells me we are headed for another reset as having Artie murder Leena isn't likely to stay in place.

We could be heading for something akin to the infamous Dallas fiasco where they brought Bobby back from the dead by saying an entire season was just a bad dream...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
We'll see how it ends up. Something tells me we are headed for another reset as having Artie murder Leena isn't likely to stay in place.

We could be heading for something akin to the infamous Dallas fiasco where they brought Bobby back from the dead by saying an entire season was just a bad dream...

Yeah, the Leena thing won't be permanent, not that I'd mind if it was as she's wholly dispensable as characters go. But in general the show isn't that dark. Besides, Artie can't be left hanging as the bad guy so they'll do some mumbo jumbo reset thingee and maybe certain characters will be killed off like Mrs. Frederic and/or HG or even Jinks. Doubtful they would kill off Pete or Myka unless one of the actors wanted out of the show (and really, why would they turn down that paycheck?)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
No doubt. somehow they will come up with a way for Artie to use the Astrolabe but keeping the warehouse around. It will likely involve Jinks and/or HG having to die again or something like that,

SciphonicStranger

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, that was an episode that evoked mixed feelings....

On the good side we had good performances from most of the cast - evil Artie pushing everyone's buttons was a treat as was Claudia when she realized what she had to do. It also did a good job of setting atmosphere and the pacing was likewise nicely done.

On the bad aide, I hate these cliffhangers and this one was worse than normal as theoretically a world killing virus has been released. I also have to admit I didn't like how they suddenly pulled out this death orchid and Warehouse 8 from thin air in this episode with zero buildup. Usually Warehouse 13 is pretty good about presaging their events at least a little so that things feel like they are logical in the story.

So now we are on winter hiatus with a plot that is basically the end of the world....think we have a reset button coming? :laughingattv:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes, I was thinking much the same thing. I didn't care for the sudden introduction of the orchid into the story. I also don't care for the fact that basically the good guys were unable to do anything to stop Artie, which basically says to me as a viewer that I shouldn't even bother watching. All the badness played out to the very end which pretty much means the characters are living in a deterministic universe, which is lame. Plus what's with ghost Leena? Now Pete can see ghosts?

The production values were pretty good for this episode though. Hopefully they will keep it up for the rest of the season when it resumes.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The interesting part is Warehouse 13 only seems to have issues like these when they go really dark and drama heavy. I When they stay in the dramedy area they do pretty good.

SciphonicStranger

I thought the acting was a little off at the beginning of the episode but it picked up later. Can they just make Leena a ghost permanently? It sort of advances her character. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I thought the acting was a little off at the beginning of the episode but it picked up later. Can they just make Leena a ghost permanently? It sort of advances her character. :)

Yeah, the acting by Aaron Ashmore was a bit heavy handed when he kept looking askance at Brent Spiner ("Brother Whatshisname"). They kept having him throw these untrustworthy, dirty looks at Spiner which made no sense and was just dumb.

I also thought the shower scene with Myka soaping-up Claudia to be gratuitous and added nothing to the story. Frankly, it didn't even make sense.

SciphonicStranger

Yeah, the acting by Aaron Ashmore was a bit heavy handed when he kept looking askance at Brent Spiner ("Brother Whatshisname"). They kept having him throw these untrustworthy, dirty looks at Spiner which made no sense and was just dumb.

I also thought the shower scene with Myka soaping-up Claudia to be gratuitous and added nothing to the story. Frankly, it didn't even make sense.

LOL! You must have seen the director's cut. :smiley-laughing021: