Warehouse 13 getting 20 episode order for Season 4!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I have like the show the last three seasons, but episode two introduces a new homosexual character. I am sick of hearing about nearly every new show introducing such a character, I have yet in my 24 years of life to actually come across more than three such people.

You might try leaving your house more than 3 times in 24 years, Joy sweetie. :anim_59:

As for the gay character thing, think about the fact that homosexuals haven't been represented in, oh, like ever and that this is the first time in history (excepting perhaps a certain Greek period, wink wink) where gays can exist openly without fear of repercussions, legal and social. Gay people exist, they live and work and socialize next to people like you, Joy, even on this forum. Get used to it because quite frankly you have no choice. And don't worry, Joy, gay people don't bite and you can't get "the AIDZ" from watching them on TV or chatting with them on the Internet or even sitting next to them in a coffee shop.

Oh yeah, welcome to GateFans and all that crap. (Leave the robe and hood at the door though, m'kay. :winking0052:)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Oh, don't worry about "joy", who, apparently, joined the board to advertise in their signature.

What's even more amusing is that the link to their advertisement for W13 would have taken you to a page advertising 90210 boxed sets.

Bye-bye, joy!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Ah "Joy", we hardly knew ye, sigh... :anim_59:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Freakin' Chinese spammer.

Who knows what kinds of malware existed at the link's destination.

The fact that a BOT non-person can register on here and make a post tells you a lot about vBulletin 4. This same problem exists with every vBulletin forum. But not Xenforo!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The fact that a BOT non-person can register on here and make a post tells you a lot about vBulletin 4. This same problem exists with every vBulletin forum. But not Xenforo!

Calgon take me away!!! :excitement:

calgontakemeaway.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hopefully Xenforo is tighter.

I would add that the bots are either able to see (in the code) the right answer to the random question or the right answer is predictable enough that they are simply "brute forcing" it. Perhaps we should consider enabling reCAPTCHA?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

I doubt it's a bot or you'd be flooded. These seem to be manually registered then copy & paste canned post.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I doubt it's a bot or you'd be flooded. These seem to be manually registered then copy & paste canned post.

I understand the bots can read the characters, and we are already using reCaptcha. If we use Human Verification Q&A, it might work. Needs to be a tricky question, because they can actually answer simple questions too! Advertising bots have at least the capabilities of Siri on an iPhone (not really, but enough to not be considered dumb!). :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I checked registration and reCAPTCHA is not running. If it were there would be a challenge box with letters and numbers - the letters and numbers are on an image so bots cannot read it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I checked registration and reCAPTCHA is not running. If it were there would be a challenge box with letters and numbers - the letters and numbers are on an image so bots cannot read it.

Hooo kay...off to the Admin Panel! :replicatoranime01:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Pretty cool premiere this season.

As most of us guessed they did press the reset button but Artie appears to have created a new "evil" in the process. Plus he is getting into issues as he can never tell anyone how he knows what he knows.

And in a BIG change it looks like Claudia is the baddie this season???

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Pretty cool premiere this season.

As most of us guessed they did press the reset button but Artie appears to have created a new "evil" in the process. Plus he is getting into issues as he can never tell anyone how he knows what he knows.

And in a BIG change it looks like Claudia is the baddie this season???

This is one show that Syfy actually got right. :) They are nurturing this show, and giving it a lot of love and the ratings show it. If only they had another show with that kind of pizazz and balance, and put it a bit further from earth :chuncky:...one can wish :tranquillity:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I thought it was okay although I'm not buying Claudia's desire to resurrect Jinks. This probably hearkens back to last seasons lack of character development with Jinks and the dearth of interaction between them. The writers shoe horned a closeness between the characters that just wasn't real.

At any rate, Joelist may be right in that Claudia is the bad guy this season but that's not for sure yet. That may just be what they want us to think at this point.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I thought it was okay although I'm not buying Claudia's desire to resurrect Jinks. This probably hearkens back to last seasons lack of character development with Jinks and the dearth of interaction between them. The writers shoe horned a closeness between the characters that just wasn't real.

At any rate, Joelist may be right in that Claudia is the bad guy this season but that's not for sure yet. That may just be what they want us to think at this point.

I agree completely here - remember I pointed out at some length last season how the Jinks character really didn't belong in the show because they never scripted in any plausible way how he integrated into the team. For Claudia to freak out like this over his death makes no plot sense. Much as I dislike shipping had they shipped the two then at least there would be some reason for her reaction.

As to evil Claudia this season, I expect that is because Artie used the artifact - he was warned that it would create a new evil that would be with him the rest of his life. I think the "evil" has control of Claudia and only Artie dying can release her (total speculation here).

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I agree completely here - remember I pointed out at some length last season how the Jinks character really didn't belong in the show because they never scripted in any plausible way how he integrated into the team. For Claudia to freak out like this over his death makes no plot sense. Much as I dislike shipping had they shipped the two then at least there would be some reason for her reaction.

As to evil Claudia this season, I expect that is because Artie used the artifact - he was warned that it would create a new evil that would be with him the rest of his life. I think the "evil" has control of Claudia and only Artie dying can release her (total speculation here).

You're on to something here. Artie will probably "die" for a minute or something like that and then come back to life, thereby breaking the spell. Or, they'll kill him off at the end of this season and leave us hanging...again.

They also might be using Claudia as a red herring to distract us from the person who is really evil, like Leyla (or whatever her name is). At any rate I think you're probably right in that Artie will die in order to fix things.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just saw the ratings - SyFy should be quite happy with 2.3 million and a .8 demo.