The Strain - SCARY!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well season 2 is starting off pretty well although there are some weak spots like their were in season 1. Over all it's pretty good though.

Gus was missing from last nights episode, but I think that has to do with the way the season was filmed and how it was chopped up. There's a lot going on with many different characters so it's not surprising that a character was ignored for an episode.

And normally I'm not a fan of flashbacks but oddly enough I'm okay with the ones that they do for Setrakian. It really explains the back story for several characters. Plus they never let the flash backs meander. It's always straight to business with them, which I like.

One thing I really can't stand though is Eph's annoying kid. The kid is a bitchy little twit now. He is constantly sneering and bitching at his dad. I hope he gets eaten by a group of ravenous vamps soon. Really I do. The brat is puke worthy.*

Other than that though the show is worth watching. Now if we could only get Gatefan to jump on board with the show then things would be perfect. ;)

*Oddly enough it turns out that the producers switched child actors between season 1 and 2. Big mistake I must say. The new actor is gigantic compared to the kid he replaced, which is just dumb. I had just assumed the original actor had grown between seasons but the truth is they simply replaced him with a much larger troll that doesn't know how to act, go figure.

http://zap2it.com/2015/07/the-strain-season-2-zach-casting-change-max-charles/

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
BTW, who doesn't love Fet? I hope they don't kill him off because he really makes the show.

tumblr_nbsz17Nvql1thqlm9o1_500.jpg

Who-was-that.jpg

I-want-this-rat-found-and-killed..jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Good episode tonight. They managed to hit all the characters while keeping it interesting at the same time. (The kid is still annoying as f!@#. He needs to go. Here's hoping a vamp has his number.)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
BTW, who doesn't love Fet? I hope they don't kill him off because he really makes the show.

tumblr_nbsz17Nvql1thqlm9o1_500.jpg

Who-was-that.jpg

I-want-this-rat-found-and-killed..jpg

I've liked Fet ever since he appeared, got to admit, it is mainly because of the actor, first saw the guy in LOST as the psycho Merc dude. He was also in VIKINGS for a few eps as the wanderer (aka mythic Odin) to town.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I've liked Fet ever since he appeared, got to admit, it is mainly because of the actor, first saw the guy in LOST as the psycho Merc dude. He was also in VIKINGS for a few eps as the wanderer (aka mythic Odin) to town.

I like how Fet at first comes across as being big and dumb but then you get to see that he's really just practical and smart in a lot of ways. He's a sort of "everyman" that viewers can relate to. And yes, he's a bit trigger happy but in that kind of world you have to be. (I chuckled over his giddiness for the dynamite in last nights episode. :icon_lol:)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I like how Fet at first comes across as being big and dumb but then you get to see that he's really just practical and smart in a lot of ways. He's a sort of "everyman" that viewers can relate to. And yes, he's a bit trigger happy but in that kind of world you have to be. (I chuckled over his giddiness for the dynamite in last nights episode. :icon_lol:)

yeah, his dynamite giggles and the cigar reminded me of Shwarzenegger-what movie was that?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
yeah, his dynamite giggles and the cigar reminded me of Shwarzenegger-what movie was that?

I know which one you mean but can't think of it exactly. :daniel_new004:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Wow, really good episode tonight! :encouragement:

"Quick and Painless" -- They keep things moving at a nice pace while covering a fair amount of the various character's stories.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I hate to admit, that even though I started this thread i stopped watching the show. After reading the comments that have been going on in this thread, I might just start up again and catch up with a marathon. What made me run screaming into the night was the squirmy, graphic worms and blood and gore and stuff. :) I like a good horror story with gore, but to me it was over the top. Made my skin crawl! Is it still like that?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I hate to admit, that even though I started this thread i stopped watching the show. After reading the comments that have been going on in this thread, I might just start up again and catch up with a marathon. What made me run screaming into the night was the squirmy, graphic worms and blood and gore and stuff. :) I like a good horror story with gore, but to me it was over the top. Made my skin crawl! Is it still like that?

Yes, the gore is still there, but it's one of the few shows where it actually makes sense within context. As a rule I can't stand mindless gore and won't watch gory movies. But this show uses the graphic scenes to add realism to the vampire story. That said, it is understandable if some people are turned off by the gore.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, the gore is still there, but it's one of the few shows where it actually makes sense within context. As a rule I can't stand mindless gore and won't watch gory movies. But this show uses the graphic scenes to add realism to the vampire story. That said, it is understandable if some people are turned off by the gore.

I re-read my original post, and I also remember when I first got really grossed out by the graphic gore in the show (episode 3). I tend to watch shows when I am eating, so....:)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i wonder where they are going with the female assistant? will she be good/bad? undo the master plan or just get killed?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
i wonder where they are going with the female assistant? will she be good/bad? undo the master plan or just get killed?

Still too early to tell what's up with her. As it is certain players are competing for the top spot if you know what I mean. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

i just watched my first ever XMEN movie (origins;wolverine)

didn't know Durand was in it (as the BLOB)--what a funny guy-even with 100lbs of fake fat on him

he seems to be a hard working actor

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I re-read my original post, and I also remember when I first got really grossed out by the graphic gore in the show (episode 3). I tend to watch shows when I am eating, so....:)

the "gross" stuff has kind of tapered off- i mean there is still the killing of vamps but that sick transformation of human to vamp thing is pretty much gone

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Another good installment tonight. :encouragement:

I love Gus and hope he sticks around for awhile. :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

The only bad thing about tonight's episode was that kid Zack, yuck! :tealc_new050: The character is highly annoying and this is made worse by the fact that the kid playing the role can't act. Seriously, he's bad.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Another good installment tonight. :encouragement:

I love Gus and hope he sticks around for awhile. :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

The only bad thing about tonight's episode was that kid Zack, yuck! :tealc_new050: The character is highly annoying and this is made worse by the fact that the kid playing the role can't act. Seriously, he's bad.

like the Quinlan character-hope he sticks around for awhile so we get his story (more then we have so far)

i have nothing else to say because the show is so good-IMO- and I find it hard to find fault or any other thing good or bad

just if you are not watching, start

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
like the Quinlan character-hope he sticks around for awhile so we get his story (more then we have so far)

i have nothing else to say because the show is so good-IMO- and I find it hard to find fault or any other thing good or bad

just if you are not watching, start

I didn't think I'd like the story line with Zack's mom but it's pretty clever. She was thoroughly creepy last night.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Interesting episode tonight, The Assassin. Gus was absent from this ep unfortunately. He wasn't in the last one either. Starting to go thru Gus withdrawal. :moody:

At any rate, Fet is going to go nuclear if anything happens to Dutch. Quite the cliffhanger.