The Strain - SCARY!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No, he looks old and flatulent. Not my type at all. I'm much more into these two although I find Corey Stoll wayyyyyy hotter when he's naturally bald instead of wearing a rug. And all I can say about Miguel Gomez is get me a spoon! :encouragement:

MV5BMzU5MjUwMDYzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDcwOTkwOQ@@._V1_SY309_CR40,0,214,309_AL_.jpg
MV5BMTQxMTUzMDQzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDA4ODIwMjE@._V1_SY279_CR32,0,214,279_AL_.jpg

I was just kidding with Douglas--just amazing how some one can get so big, so quick

So, any ideas on who these 'hybrid vamps' are?

I really like this show, I wish it didn't have a break coming up--and I hope it doesn't go the way Falling Skies did (or the way I think the last ship is going to go)

B

Backstep

I was just kidding with Douglas--just amazing how some one can get so big, so quick

I really like this show, I wish it didn't have a break coming up--and I hope it doesn't go the way Falling Skies did (or the way I think the last ship is going to go)

Think Dhampir.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I'm not sure yet. Personally I wish they had held off introducing them to the story so it could get a little deeper into mass infection. One of the scariest aspects of the show is the collapsing of society as the vamps breed. I'd like to see more of that before they bring in the cartoon fire brigade.

Of course they're building up to Gus's friend turning into a vamp in the jail cell but I think Gus will somehow make it out. I don't think they are going to kill him off just yet (and if they do I will be pissed!). From what I remember his deadbeat brother was coming down with a "cold" so when Gus gets back home I bet he will have turned and Gus will have to kill him and blah blah blah.

What say you guys? (and please no spoilers from the book)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They seem like a rebel caste of vamps that have achieved sentience at some point and are now fighting back against the Big Boss.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay, loving the show still. Can't wait to see what happens next. What I liked about the latest episode was that they showed that Eichhorst is vulnerable and can be hurt. What I didn't like about this episode is that almost all of it was spent in one location with only some of the characters. (I want to know what's happening with Gus, dammit! :daniel01:) Still, the show keeps rolling along with plenty of action and very little naval gazing. :encouragement:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Okay, loving the show still. Can't wait to see what happens next. What I liked about the latest episode was that they showed that Eichhorst is vulnerable and can be hurt. What I didn't like about this episode is that almost all of it was spent in one location with only some of the characters. (I want to know what's happening with Gus, dammit! :daniel01:) Still, the show keeps rolling along with plenty of action and very little naval gazing. :encouragement:

I would venture a guess and say your interest in Gus is far from plot related :icon_lol:

I like how they are gradually putting all of the players together--now they have rat catcher and hacker chic with them

----how many eps are left anyhow?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I would venture a guess and say your interest in Gus is far from plot related :icon_lol:

I like how they are gradually putting all of the players together--now they have rat catcher and hacker chic with them

----how many eps are left anyhow?

Not sure how many eps are left in the season. I'm almost afraid to find out because I don't want it to end prematurely. And I'm sure they will end on a cliff hanger but I hope there is some resolution to certain parts of the story.

As for Gus, he's actually a likable character, same as the rat catcher. I want those guys to live. I don't mind that they killed off the hobbit though. He seemed pretty useless at this point. Oh -- and one thing that bugs me is how they conveniently ran into the hacker chic at that gas station. NY is how big and yet they just happen to run into her? Yeah right. :rolleye0014:

These are minor things so I can live with them. The story over all is quite good so far. :encouragement:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Still love the show. Not too thrilled with the pacing of the last episode though, but at least we got some resolution to the Gus jail situation. Turned out pretty much the way I thought it would. Definitely some boring, unnecessary scenes with Eph that could have easily been edited out. That said, I'm anxious to see what happens next.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Still love the show. Not too thrilled with the pacing of the last episode though, but at least we got some resolution to the Gus jail situation. Turned out pretty much the way I thought it would. Definitely some boring, unnecessary scenes with Eph that could have easily been edited out. That said, I'm anxious to see what happens next.

Yes to all

and, the inevitable shipping has started

which tells me that the Doc's ex is def. still alive by the way

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes to all

and, the inevitable shipping has started

which tells me that the Doc's ex is def. still alive by the way

Yeah, she will no doubt be back. I suspect one of the women will croak and/or Eph will be forced to choose between saving one or the other, and the one he doesn't choose will croak.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, she will no doubt be back. I suspect one of the women will croak and/or Eph will be forced to choose between saving one or the other, and the one he doesn't choose will croak.

I am impressed by your awesome power of deduction! These shipping things can be so hard to detangle :anim_59:

Why oh why can't we just have a non ship show for a change? :smiley-laughing011:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I am impressed by your awesome power of deduction! These shipping things can be so hard to detangle :anim_59:

Why oh why can't we just have a non ship show for a change? :smiley-laughing011:

The sex scene was very pathetic I have to say. It seemed like filler and really slowed down the show I thought.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The sex scene was very pathetic I have to say. It seemed like filler and really slowed down the show I thought.

this shipping stuff as mandatory is getting like every movie in the 80's--REGARDLESS of subject, had a "mandatory" sex scene in it

it got pretty pathetic and trope-y real quick

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
this shipping stuff as mandatory is getting like every movie in the 80's--REGARDLESS of subject, had a "mandatory" sex scene in it

it got pretty pathetic and trope-y real quick

The problem with this shipping scenario is that I don't care at all about any of the people involved. As it is I have a hard time believing that Eph could get horny enough to bonk his coworker, in his old house, while his ex-wife is missing from that house and quite possibly dead or injured. The whole "Let's burn a body in the back yard and then screw each other" gimmick really didn't work.

But I don't want to sound like I'm ripping the show apart. Overall it's still quite good and I'm hooked on it now. :encouragement:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The problem with this shipping scenario is that I don't care at all about any of the people involved. As it is I have a hard time believing that Eph could get horny enough to bonk his coworker, in his old house, while his ex-wife is missing from that house and quite possibly dead or injured. The whole "Let's burn a body in the back yard and then screw each other" gimmick really didn't work.

But I don't want to sound like I'm ripping the show apart. Overall it's still quite good and I'm hooked on it now. :encouragement:

Armageddon sex....

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Forgot to mention that we finally got to see the bad guy in full last week. Can't wait to see what happens tonight! :encouragement:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay, tonight's episode "Loved Ones" wasn't that great. It wasn't horrible, but it was too focused on Eph and his missing wife. Personally I don't give a hard turd about Eph's family and they didn't need to devote an entire episode to it. (I know they're setting up the wife for something more, but again, I don't care. Same with their brat who is now a computer genius. :rolleye0014:)

The problem with this show (if there is one) is in the editing and scene/episode selection. It doesn't seem very coordinated. The first several episodes jumped around to all the various story lines but suddenly they have narrowed the focus and we're being treated to too much of certain characters that aren't that interesting.

And where is Gus? We barely got his story updated last week and that was the last we saw of him. We need more Gus, less Eph (and less of his cutesy cutesy brat).