The Strain - SCARY!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
also get a better pic of how coco fits in--surely the master did't heal her out of kindness...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
also get a better pic of how coco fits in--surely the master did't heal her out of kindness...

I can only wonder what's gonna happen to Coco in the long run. Would not want to be in her shoes.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Queen Vamp?

She will probably be morally conflicted about things the more she understands exactly what is happening. She could switch sides and work against the Master.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
She will probably be morally conflicted about things the more she understands exactly what is happening. She could switch sides and work against the Master.

Queen Vamp with morality intact? That would be interesting

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well we finally got some Gus in this episode. Can't wait to see what happens next with him.

Oh, and Dutch! Oy vey girl! :icon_e_surprised: Fet is the man! :beckett_new049:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well we finally got some Gus in this episode. Can't wait to see what happens next with him.

Oh, and Dutch! Oy vey girl! :icon_e_surprised: Fet is the man! :beckett_new049:

also liked how we got more backstory on our favorite nazi

saw when he actually lost his humanity--and it wasn't when he turned

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
also liked how we got more backstory on our favorite nazi

saw when he actually lost his humanity--and it wasn't when he turned

Yeah, I generally don't like shows with a lot of flashbacks but this show does a really good job of it. :beckett_new049:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It was an okay episode last night but I didn't really need Eph's flashbacks. Nothing much was revealed with them. I did like the prison thing with Gus and am looking forward to the beat down he and his gang are going to bring to the party. Felt bad for Fet because Dutch is being such a wishy washy freak.

Season finale next week and I hope it goes out with a bang!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
When I caught a screen of Bloomberg guiding Pope Frank through the 9/11 museum it struck me who Bloomberg reminds me of

Eldritch Palmer-- not all the way with the looks, but with the demeanor and the rich guy attitude...yeah-Id say Bloomberg just may have been the inspiration for Palmer

upload_2015-9-28_21-5-55.jpeg
upload_2015-9-28_21-7-32.jpeg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The season 2 finale was pretty good and I can't wait for season 3. I think the whole season acted as good arc between 1 and 3. (I think it may only be a three-season show but I'm not sure.) I'll add some comments in a spoiler below.

I absolutely hate Zack and was bored with his non-story line this season. I knew that he wouldn't be killed off and I also guessed that he would be caught by his vampire mom but wouldn't be turned into a vampire. Unfortunately it looks like the little shit will live thru the entire run of the show, dammit. I don't understand why the writers think the kid is appealing because he's not. He really needs to go.

I'm also pissed that they killed off Nora. She was a rather flat character without much depth but during this season she grew into something of a bad ass while also maintaining her humanity. I was kind of hoping they would hook her up with Fet because he would treat her right, unlike that womanizing, drunken asshole Eph who treated her like shit for the most part. She even risked her life, and ultimately lost it, trying to protect that good for nothing little shit son of Eph's. The writers did manage to give her a really cool send off though. The sword on the electrified subway track was a clever idea.

I do love Gus but wish he had a bigger role in this season. I am glad that he finally hooked up with Setrakian at the end though. Hopefully we will see more of him next season. (Shirtless. Please God, let him be shirtless!!!)

Also, I love love love Fet! He's solid, faithful, clever and a vampire-killing bad ass that will risk his life to save yours. He's also funny in this really sardonic way. The character really makes the show. I expect they will keep him around until the end. I just hope the writers aren't such assholes that they kill him off in a really dumb way at some point.

Looks like they got rid of Dutch as she is no longer around. And it's "lights out" for Coco. I thought she had been turned by the Master but then they showed Palmer cutting her heart out of her chest for some reason. I don't know why. Maybe it was symbolic of how he felt over losing her.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
"Nora noooooooooo!!!" :icon_lol:

I did not really see why they felt they needed the Eph and Nora flashbacks last week--don't really see how they tie in.

And the heart thing with Eldritch-what could he be planning, her heart is infected with worms--maybe he is planning on using it in a similar way Setrakian uses the "white"? that is have his own supply to keep himself going without waiting on the Master's 'good will'?

I am thinking that whenever the end comes, Eldritch will be in on it. He is too pissed and too "Mr Big" too allow anyone to push him around-I am guessing he at least kills Herr Obersturmfuhrer--

And Quinlan is still entertaining

hope next season as a few more eps to it.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
"Nora noooooooooo!!!" :icon_lol:

I did not really see why they felt they needed the Eph and Nora flashbacks last week--don't really see how they tie in.

And the heart thing with Eldritch-what could he be planning, her heart is infected with worms--maybe he is planning on using it in a similar way Setrakian uses the "white"? that is have his own supply to keep himself going without waiting on the Master's 'good will'?

I am thinking that whenever the end comes, Eldritch will be in on it. He is too pissed and too "Mr Big" too allow anyone to push him around-I am guessing he at least kills Herr Obersturmfuhrer--

And Quinlan is still entertaining

hope next season as a few more eps to it.

You might be right, Eldritch might be planning to use the harvested worms from Coco's heart. And I can see him being so pissed off that he betrays the Master and helps out Setrakian in the end. It will be interesting to see which character is the one to kill off the Nazi.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You might be right, Eldritch might be planning to use the harvested worms from Coco's heart. And I can see him being so pissed off that he betrays the Master and helps out Setrakian in the end. It will be interesting to see which character is the one to kill off the Nazi.

I have not looked too far into the novels/strain wiki, but so far from what I have seen, the show seems to be staying true to the books.If anything they have added some ppl. Cococ was an addition. I didn't look into anything about Palmer because of that--ex: in the books, did he get "the white" from someone else in the books? (if tha tis what he is doing)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
and mostly unrelated--a 'sidebar' of a sort

are you and I the only ones here watching this show? Seems like you and I are the only ones watching GOTHAM as well (and like it)
and

Now don't get upset (i tend to write things/ask things based on whether or not I would get upset-and for this I wouldn't but thats me) but everytime it comes to my mind that you and I like the same shows, It make me remember of some guys who I know who wouldn't admit to liking the same shows as a homosexual did:icon_nono:

like they are going to catch something :laughing:

just a random thought :eagerness: that has FAR MORE to do with the insecurity of some ppl I know then it does you

Ok, I now await my "whipping" :whip:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Ok, I now await my "whipping" :whip:

No need to worry as I only whip Canadians. ;)

I'm not offended by the gay comment. I am curious as to why it would matter whether or not a gay person liked a horror genre show. After all, The Strain isn't The Real Housewives of Atlanta or anything like that. Granted, I do crack jokes about eye candy like with Miguel Gomez "Gus". But I don't watch the show just for eye candy. I watch it because it's cool. The eye candy stuff is no different than you guys mentioning that you find certain female characters attractive. (Like that chick from Continuum.)

By the way, I also watch football every week. But lots of gays in Wisconsin watch football. It's kind of a religion in these parts so you're required to watch regardless of gender or sexuality. Had I been born in, say, Australia I wouldn't have to deal with the stigma of being a football-watching homosexual because A.) they don't have real football there and B.) everyone is gay. Go figure. :chuncky:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No need to worry as I only whip Canadians. ;)

I'm not offended by the gay comment. I am curious as to why it would matter whether or not a gay person liked a horror genre show. After all, The Strain isn't The Real Housewives of Atlanta or anything like that. Granted, I do crack jokes about eye candy like with Miguel Gomez "Gus". But I don't watch the show just for eye candy. I watch it because it's cool. The eye candy stuff is no different than you guys mentioning that you find certain female characters attractive. (Like that chick from Continuum.)

By the way, I also watch football every week. But lots of gays in Wisconsin watch football. It's kind of a religion in these parts so you're required to watch regardless of gender or sexuality. Had I been born in, say, Australia I wouldn't have to deal with the stigma of being a football-watching homosexual because A.) they don't have real football there and B.) everyone is gay. Go figure. :chuncky:

bolded= Beats the hell outta me!

But trust me, there are STILL ppl out there with those beliefs--city,suburbs, country side--doesn't matter, they are everywhere

Hey I have a "secret" BRAVO TV show vice --- BELOW DECKS :redface:

Don't ask me exactly why I like it but I came across it while channel surfing in it's first season

something about how the crew-most being from some type of american/british middle class family-interact with the 'uppercrust guests' (whom I think are just "f'g" stupid for spending so much money on a 3 day boat ride). At first I thought the guests were not real and the show was just another scripted show. But then I started googling the guests and they are actual filthy freakin' rich kooks.

Other then that issue, can't put my finger on why I like it

can't stand any of the other BRAVO shows

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They seem to not be sticking exactly to one season per book, as otherwise next season would be the end.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They seem to not be sticking exactly to one season per book, as otherwise next season would be the end.

I don't know how the ratings are to be honest but I think they should be happy that they've gotten 3 seasons and should wrap it up with that. Although I enjoy the show I'm not a fan of needlessly drawing out a story. As I've stated before I don't care for bad guys that don't get their comeuppance and to keep the show going for more and more seasons would get annoying. Eventually it gets ridiculous, especially when you consider we're talking about the siege of NY for goodness sake. How long can that be a credible plot premise? Certainly not endlessly if you ask me.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That's the thing. In order for them to be sticking to the books next season would need to have the entire world under the rule of The Master and in a state of almost perpetual night from nuclear detonations.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Hey Gatefan, have you caught up on this series yet??? :daniel_new004: