The Minty Goodness of Linux Mint.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
WooHoo !!! Success !!! Thanks OM1 . You da man !!!

:) I just saw this! Man, that was a project, eh? But you have your dual boot. Happy gaming! You look like Mad Max in your new avatar. AWESOME!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Mad max does not wear a helmet.
Geez..............
:D

There is a Mad Max motorcycle, and looking at Tripler on that bike instantly recalled "Mad Max" for some reason. :)
--- merged: Sep 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM ---
I don't remember him riding a bike either .

Do they wear helmets down under ?

It still reminds me of Mad Max....dont ask why cause I dont f'n know!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
There is a Mad Max motorcycle, and looking at Tripler on that bike instantly recalled "Mad Max" for some reason. :)
--- merged: Sep 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM ---

It still reminds me of Mad Max....dont ask why cause I dont f'n know!
Projection onto bike riders :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I don't remember him riding a bike either .

Do they wear helmets down under ?

Of course they don't. They're riding upside down on the bottom of the Earth. If they fall, they fall "up" into the sky.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Of course they don't. They're riding upside down on the bottom of the Earth. If they fall, they fall "up" into the sky.

It's also why we have less drug problems, we just get high naturally.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So I just installed the printer driver in Windoze yesterday which I had to hunt around for what seemed like hrs before I found one I liked or thought would work well . Then it took forever to install with a bunch of crap I had to un select so as not to add more crap on my clean install of both Win 7 and Linux Mint 17 . So I'm in mint and I decided to install the printer on the linux system . Linux found the printer on my network . The printer was not turned on yet it found it . Linux found the best driver and an update for the driver at the same time .I was done in 4 clicks and then it printed the coolest test page I have ever seen . Now that's progress .
It's just one more nail in the coffin for me and windoze .
Oh and I just went into Update Manager and did an update and Mint didn't even give a hint about restarting and was completed and gone off the desktop in seconds .

:) :) :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Just did some mint tinkering to get Netflix to play in Firefox with mint 17 . Decided to log in here do a how I'm doing with Linux Mint update and see this weird thingy !!!
WTH !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 141

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
And I also now have this issue though I can watch the movies now !!!

WTH !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 125

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just did some mint tinkering to get Netflix to play in Firefox with mint 17 . Decided to log in here do a how I'm doing with Linux Mint update and see this weird thingy !!!
WTH !!!

Not to worry...I get that too, but ONLY on the Blog part of the site. You are still logged in as Tripler. :) The spam bots try to infect Wordpress, but since the user database is connected to Xenforo, it cannot do it's dirtywork. The only evidence is that login name, which is not really doing anything. Not to worry about that. :)

And I also now have this issue though I can watch the movies now !!!

WTH !!!

Now THAT seems strange. First, what browser are you using, and could you watch Netflix before? I bet you couldnt. :) You need to install Pipelight (replaces Silverlight). Just watch this....if you have an issue, let me know:

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Oh wow...Linux Mint. :)

I had it in a VM, but it was just another pretty bird in a cage for me. My main OS was Ubuntu 14.04 which is excellent, but the UI and the experience was somewhat awkward, and somewhat dated. Linux Mint changes all of that.

I know at least three of us are using Mint now, and as of last night I decided to make the main OS Mint and dump Ubuntu. BEST MOVE YET. :) Mint is so much more polished than Ubuntu 14.04, even though it is built on Ubuntu/Debian 14.04. This distro comes with all sorts of codecs for audio and video, and for me the biggest improvement was running Windows games. Specifically, Diablo III and Starcraft II. Those games played very well in Ubuntu, but not nearly as crispy and responsive as in Mint.

I have discovered the Themes option, and I think it's neat that you can download and install new ones so easily. Installing software was always free, but Mint makes it so easy to install from the Start Launcher (or uninstall any of them with a simple right click). You can even change the Mint start button icon to something else..

Lastly, all of the technical tools I use easily installed on Mint. I was able to install the games and Windows software I needed using Wine that comes with the distro.

For Windows users who are sick of the problems and the way Windows slows down and gets muddy over time, this is the Linux you want to try. The experience and the UI is so intuitive to a Windows user, the learning curve is like...15 minutes. You can actually do MORE things with Mint than Ubuntu with a minimum of clicks.

Spread the minty love! :smiley_joy:

Linux does not recognize my NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE video card correctly.