The "is this show still really on air,why?" Pathetic Walking Dead--S5

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The show opened with Sasha wasting ammo on target practice. Then later in the show she's given more ammo to waste. I'm sorry but are these writers f------ brain dead??? :disillusionment:

Here's some edification for the writers of this shit fest: AMMUNITION DOES NOT GROW ON TREES! :nono:

Any moron knows this fact of reality. And if they are reloading bullets they would need gun powder and brass casings and slugs. As it is I have yet to see one single character pick up the spent brass on the ground to use for reloading purposes. So obviously they are getting ammo from the magic ammo tree in someone's back yard in Alexandria. The magic ammo tree grows all calibers of bullets to fit the various firearms in Alexandria, obviously. This magic ammo tree shouldn't be confused with the magic power tree that is used to power all the houses and the attending appliances therein, like freezers, etc.

-- Oh, and they had a scene where Rick meets the mayor's husband who is the guy who built the wall that encircles the town. At first I thought Rick was gonna ask the guy why he built the damn thing ass backwards but then I remembered it was Rick and sure enough the dumb ass praised the idiot for building the wall incorrectly, calling it an amazing accomplishment or something stupid like that. Good ol' Rick, you can always count on him to have his head up his own ass. :encouragement:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep. That was during the dumb dinner party....

Like I said it opened decently - I liked Rick taking Deanna to task over lax security. But then as usual everything slowed down and the neurons stopped firing in our characters.

As to the wall, I know there have been several attempts to justify it online (they typically say the struts are anchored in concrete and as such they provide better resistance to pushing than ones behind the ball). No sale. I would have been happy with them behind the wall or indeed no struts at all - the thing is a box frame structure made out of steel i-beams so really it needs no struts (every right angle in the wall strengthens the whole structure - it bears some resemblance to old US Cavalry forts in the Old West). But having them outside is beyond dumb - it may help against walkers but but gives raiders a nice place to latch on a truck to and just pull away...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Did you notice the small grove of solar panels they were walking through during Rick's assessment/consult? Yeah, like that smattering of panels is enough to run an entire town. I mean, the freezer that they keep the chocolate in requires a large, dedicated amount of electricity to be run 24/7, something solar power cannot provide. And that's just one appliance. One! :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The rumors are flying again that Glenn is going to be killed off soon. Most likely in the season finale.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not surprising. This is pretty close to where he was in the comics.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Not surprising. This is pretty close to where he was in the comics.

Doesn't Maggie become like the leader of Alexandria after Glenn's death? And she has his baby too so I assume she will turn up pregnant in the show soon. As it is they already have her shadowing the Mayor to learn her role sort of.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually she does that for the Hilltop.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Doesn't Maggie become like the leader of Alexandria after Glenn's death? And she has his baby too so I assume she will turn up pregnant in the show soon. As it is they already have her shadowing the Mayor to learn her role sort of.

They killed Glenn off? Was he the Asian guy they started her shipping with? How did he die? Also, is Merle gone?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They killed Glenn off? Was he the Asian guy they started her shipping with? How did he die? Also, is Merle gone?

They killed Glenn in the comic book. He's still alive on the show though. There's been a rumor since last year that he's going to buy the farm soon though.

Oh-- and Merle is gone. The governor gave him a dirt nap awhile back. His brother Daryl is still alive though.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Then again they killed Andrea on the show but she is not only still alive in the comics she is the current Mrs. Rick.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Me, I'd rather they kept Glenn alive and killed someone else. He is the extreme rarity - a character on TWD who you can almost root for.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Me, I'd rather they kept Glenn alive and killed someone else. He is the extreme rarity - a character on TWD who you can almost root for.

I think the show would be exponentially better if the got rid of Rick instead of Glenn.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Then again they killed Andrea on the show but she is not only still alive in the comics she is the current Mrs. Rick.

I liked Andrea a lot. She was one of my favorites, and Daryl. I completely missed the Michonne thing and anyone else who has come in seasons 2-now.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I liked Andrea a lot. She was one of my favorites, and Daryl. I completely missed the Michonne thing and anyone else who has come in seasons 2-now.

Michonne is a good character but she's been under utilized. They've given her a few good moments but overall the writers tend to miss the mark with her.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The show opened with Sasha wasting ammo on target practice. Then later in the show she's given more ammo to waste. I'm sorry but are these writers f------ brain dead??? :disillusionment:

Here's some edification for the writers of this shit fest: AMMUNITION DOES NOT GROW ON TREES! :nono:

Any moron knows this fact of reality. And if they are reloading bullets they would need gun powder and brass casings and slugs. As it is I have yet to see one single character pick up the spent brass on the ground to use for reloading purposes. So obviously they are getting ammo from the magic ammo tree in someone's back yard in Alexandria. The magic ammo tree grows all calibers of bullets to fit the various firearms in Alexandria, obviously. This magic ammo tree shouldn't be confused with the magic power tree that is used to power all the houses and the attending appliances therein, like freezers, etc.

-- Oh, and they had a scene where Rick meets the mayor's husband who is the guy who built the wall that encircles the town. At first I thought Rick was gonna ask the guy why he built the damn thing ass backwards but then I remembered it was Rick and sure enough the dumb ass praised the idiot for building the wall incorrectly, calling it an amazing accomplishment or something stupid like that. Good ol' Rick, you can always count on him to have his head up his own ass. :encouragement:

hey! if they could have a 'magic ammo locker" on SGU then....

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Michonne is a good character but she's been under utilized. They've given her a few good moments but overall the writers tend to miss the mark with her.

some of the best characters on the show have been the women--particularly Andrea and Michonne and the nearly never scene women who came up from Texas with Carrot Top and Mullet Man

As for Carol-whose character has gotten much more tolerable for me (since she nearly single handedly brought down a shit storm on Terminus)-I find quite amusing when she plays all demure in Alexandria

like she has done nothing---when the guy offered to help her learn to shoot! Funny as hell

if the guy (probably a pre apocalypse gun nut) saw how she handled her M14 he would become flaccid for life

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
#1. It's funny how Carol's answer to every problem is to kill it. :icon_lol:

#2. I thought the loud pipes on Daryl's new motorcycle were incredibly stupid. There are several methods of reducing sound from tailpipes: baffles, bends in the pipes, etc. It would be insane to have loud pipes in a zombie apocalypse. The writers just thought it would be a cool effect. The writers are stupid.

#3. "Everybody Ate Chris" = :icon_lol: (Bye bye Token #27!)

ETA pics of Daryl's new bike (Inline 4 Honda Nighthawk modded), which I really like, but the pipes are incredibly stupid. I would love to own a cycle like this, sans the dumb ass pipes though.

http://www.bikeexif.com/daryl-dixon-motorcycle

daryl-dixon-motorcycle-625x417.jpg

daryl-dixon-motorcycle-1-625x625.jpg

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
hey! if they could have a 'magic ammo locker" on SGU then....

They had a magic tote bag. OM1 had a very informative post on that years back where he noted all the new shit from Earth that kept appearing on the ship.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So they killed off Noah and also Deanna's son. And Carol wants to kill Pete - which is awfully convenient for Rick as that will make Jessie available....

And, Glenn finds out that the Alexandrians reflex response to danger is to run away and abandon people in danger. In other words, stupid. And we're supposed to believe they actually survived this long?