The "is this show still really on air,why?" Pathetic Walking Dead--S5

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well if the group moves on from here then they are indeed splitting off from the comic, as once the group reached Alexandria in the comics they stopped moving.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see that many intriguing stories taking place in the "zombie suburbs". They've already covered many variants of "the bad guy" already from traitorous friends to crazy dictators to police state dictators to cannibals. At some point viewer fatigue will have to set in.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why would they not have included that tower INSIDE the town?

Cause then there would be no way to create tension with a sniper in there aiming at people in the town. :) This show is so retarded now (from what you guys are saying) that it seems like a joke. When will we start seeing zombie dogs on leashes? Hey, are there still zombies in this show or is it all 100% shipping?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Cause then there would be no way to create tension with a sniper in there aiming at people in the town. :) This show is so retarded now (from what you guys are saying) that it seems like a joke. When will we start seeing zombie dogs on leashes? Hey, are there still zombies in this show or is it all 100% shipping?

Can you imagine humans never having the foresight of being able to observe the outside of a walled in fortress? That's kind of like hiding under the covers with no clue what's happening outside. :icon_lol:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Haven't watched it yet. I'm finding it easier and easier to skip this show in favor of something else. I'll probably catch this episode, or at least parts of it, but if it fails to inspire then I'm gonna bail on it.

without LAST SHIP or THE STRAIN there is nothing else @ sunday night

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Clue? :) I have no idea what this is making satire of...is there a new girl in the show named Coral, or are you guys making fun of how southerners say "Carl"?

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Clue? :) I have no idea what this is making satire of...is there a new girl in the show named Coral, or are you guys making fun of how southerners say "Carl"?

We're making fun of the way Andrew Lincoln mangles the name "Carl" with that bad, fake southern accent he uses. It sounds like he's saying "Coral". :icon_lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
without LAST SHIP or THE STRAIN there is nothing else @ sunday night

I was watching Downton Abbey because even though it's an English drama with no action it's wayyyyyyyyy better than TWD. But the season just ended so TWD will have to do for now.

I know I bitch about TWD a lot but the truth is I find it so incredibly bad that it's fascinating to watch and laugh about. Obviously that's not the intent of the shows creators but that's how I get entertainment value out of it. No other show since SGU has afforded me (us) a chance to dissect the stupidity each week the way TWD does. So in a way I guess I should appreciate it more because such bad writing and acting is very entertaining. :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
From what I gather a significant portion of its audience does the same - watch it to laugh at the poor writing and dumb characters.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I was watching Downton Abbey because even though it's an English drama with no action it's wayyyyyyyyy better than TWD. But the season just ended so TWD will have to do for now.

I know I bitch about TWD a lot but the truth is I find it so incredibly bad that it's fascinating to watch and laugh about. Obviously that's not the intent of the shows creators but that's how I get entertainment value out of it. No other show since SGU has afforded me (us) a chance to dissect the stupidity each week the way TWD does. So in a way I guess I should appreciate it more because such bad writing and acting is very entertaining. :icon_lol:

look man, just face it...you suffer from "completion disease" just like me:icon_e_surprised: :chuncky:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
From what I gather a significant portion of its audience does the same - watch it to laugh at the poor writing and dumb characters.

yes, a great part of us,, it is that thing like with SYFY's saturday night funnies---they got it that everyone was "laughing at them" not with them

However, there is a huge (I think they are hipsters of some sort) that hold this show quite dear to their hearts and consider quite cutting edge tv

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This show could use a treatment akin to "Mystery Science Theater 3000"...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Dumb? Really?

This show cries out for having a panel rip it to shreds live as it broadcasts over every poor characterization, illogical plot, navel gaze and other slop.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Dumb? Really?

This show cries out for having a panel rip it to shreds live as it broadcasts over every poor characterization, illogical plot, navel gaze and other slop.

I can see this show being used as an example of how not to make a show by students studying cinema production. Seriously, they could do an entire course using this show as a cautionary tale of what pitfalls to avoid in writing, acting, production, etc.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That would be interest too.

Take episodes after the fact and rip them up in an analysis format.

Alternately, see if RLM (the ones behind the Plinkett reviews) would do one on The Walking Dead.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, this is interesting.

Carol and Daryl are doing their thing with Rick's full knowledge - they set it up before approaching Alexandria. And Rick just read Deanna the riot act about security including the walls and not having a sniper in the clock tower.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And just as it seemed it was getting good (I even kind of like Daryl and Aaron bonding a bit), the pacing fell through the floor again. Deanna's dinner party was nauseating and some of the kid behaviors are creepy. And Carol's acting a bit like a psychopath again....