The "is this show still really on air,why?" Pathetic Walking Dead--S5

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Maybe they are going to kill off Daryl? From what I understand he's not part of the comics anyways. Or possibly Carol buys the farm. (Both actors appear on Talking Dead tonight.)

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And........

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
On one hand I'm glad they didn't end the season on a major cliff hanger but on the other hand it was rather unexciting.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We got a pseudo cliffhanger. The "wolves" are coming with a semi trailer filled with walkers. And Morgan is back (token V I think?). Also Rick will now get Jessi and he got to kill Pete. And I think the "leader" is about to hand over control of Alexandria to Rick.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
We got a pseudo cliffhanger. The "wolves" are coming with a semi trailer filled with walkers. And Morgan is back (token V I think?). Also Rick will now get Jessi and he got to kill Pete. And I think the "leader" is about to hand over control of Alexandria to Rick.

I'm not understanding why the wolves are putting so much time and effort into corralling walkers. If they're going to use them as a weapon it just seems like little pay off for all that trouble. Unless of course they don't know that the Alexandrians are going to be better prepared now that Rick has put the fear of God in them.

Still, it seems like an awful lot of wasted time and effort to make zeds, and round them up, when these two guys could more easily sneak into Alexandria (at night for instance) and steal what they need to and/or take control.

And yes, Rick will get Jessi. At first she and Deana will regret Pete's killing and will be all salty to Rick but then that will change.

I am confused why Maggie never seems to worry about the people in her life and where they might be, like when she was separated from Beth she never mentioned her. In fact, she lit out with Abe's group without a backwards glance. And now, tonight, when Glenn disappears for hours and it's dark out she doesn't even blink.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well maybe the plan is to ram their way through the gate with the truck then release all the walkers. Why? To cause chaos I guess.

It roughly parallels the attack of the Scavengers from the comics which did lead to a breach of the walls and a herd entering Alexandria. I always thought the plot stupid.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well apparently Glenn gets to live for a little while longer.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

IDK, Morgan is played by a fairly well known actor (JERICHO aside-although he was probably the best actor in it)--maybe he will be Rick's new crush?

Glad that Pete got whacked--I knew he would, just glad they didn't drag it out with multiple eps of anti domestic violence messaging

I think its time to wrap this show up--hopefully the spin off is a signal for that--one more season maybe?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well maybe the plan is to ram their way through the gate with the truck then release all the walkers. Why? To cause chaos I guess.

It roughly parallels the attack of the Scavengers from the comics which did lead to a breach of the walls and a herd entering Alexandria. I always thought the plot stupid.

rapists and wife beaters, killers, psychopaths,sociopaths, cannibals, and now these "wolves"...

beyond everything else we are to suspend our disbelief for, are we also to believe that the only ppl to survive were already severely damaged (prior to the plague) persons?

i mean, these type of ppl are a minority (even in america) in the population, and many are in prison/jail--just how do they come to dominate? just more bad writing/conception

ppl's natural instinct would be to band together for survival and to continue to grow the "tribe"-the more ppl the better to defend with-not to just randomly kill them or torture/ tie to a tree for walkers to eat,etc

in this world they have written, there must be some type of legit governance someplace--with all of the secret sites and govt shelters that are out there, a rational and well ordered place must exist

(12 MONKEYS has it pretty good in this--the have roving bands of criminals (who have banded together) and strongpoints of governed survivors--amazing its on SYFY!)

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
rapists and wife beaters, killers, psychopaths,sociopaths, cannibals, and know these "wolves"...

beyond everything else we are to suspend our disbelief for, are we also to believe that the only ppl to survive were already severely damaged (prior to the plague) persons?

i mean, these type of ppl are a minority (even in america) in the population, and many are in prison/jail--just how do they come to dominate? just more bad writing/conception

ppl's natural instinct would be to band together for survival and to continue to grow the "tribe"-the more ppl the better to defend with-not to just randomly kill them or torture/ tie to a tree for walkers to eat,etc

in this world they have written, there must be some type of legit governance someplace--with all of the secret sites and govt shelters that are out there, a rational and well ordered place must exist

(12 MONKEYS has it pretty good in this--the have roving bands of criminals (who have banded together) and strongpoints of governed survivors--amazing its on SYFY!)

This is actually the flaw with the entire Romero zombie concept - his view of people in them was WAY too cynical. In reality there would be real "safe zones" already where military units set up in areas they could fortify and defend, also where bands of civilians did the same. I would note even Kirkman realized he had to do something like that as the current Walking Dead comic reality has Alexandria a prosperous community along with two others that work together and between them have several hundred people.

I much prefer stories like The Postman or Jeremiah, that are more about people starting to recover and rebuild and the story of that process instead of the bleak navel gazing we're getting.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This is actually the flaw with the entire Romero zombie concept - his view of people in them was WAY too cynical. In reality there would be real "safe zones" already where military units set up in areas they could fortify and defend, also where bands of civilians did the same. I would note even Kirkman realized he had to do something like that as the current Walking Dead comic reality has Alexandria a prosperous community along with two others that work together and between them have several hundred people.

I much prefer stories like The Postman or Jeremiah, that are more about people starting to recover and rebuild and the story of that process instead of the bleak navel gazing we're getting.

bolded= yes! i loved JEREMIAH and though I WAIT UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE SAYS IT FIRST :shame: I really liked the POSTMAN as well

---------------------------------

I think as for any real world issues at this level we could look at recent Ebola and older outbreaks/pandemics--though not on the scale of this fiction, look at reactions of ppl. The bigger problems they had in africa was with people moving in and out of contaminated zones and with safe burials--not the wholesale abuse of one another

spanish flu in 1919--had a whole lot of cooperation going on--not every survivor for themselves

will there be loners and psychopaths? absolutely, but IMO, they would be quickly dealt with or just die out once they run "high and dry" of necessities

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Yes. :) But there is no need for protest because most blacks are not watching this show. People were noticing this way back in season 1, and it has not changed:

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/forums/this-show-hates-black-people-97118-3338137/

Read the whole thread. The one posting about disproportionate killings was just a shit disturber writing at the mid-S2 break. At that time, the only black person killed was Jacqui who stayed behind at the CDC at the end of S1. The rest were white.

The father and son duo he mentions that aren't seen after episode one didn't die. The father, played by Lennie James (who isn't an unknown), reappears at the beginning of S5 and reunites with the group in the last episode.

I agree with the point being made because, when black characters reach a certain number on the show, they kill them off, but that thread you linked was a horrible example of someone needlessly trying to start some shit.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Read the whole thread. The one posting about disproportionate killings was just a shit disturber writing at the mid-S2 break. At that time, the only black person killed was Jacqui who stayed behind at the CDC at the end of S1. The rest were white.

The father and son duo he mentions that aren't seen after episode one didn't die. The father, played by Lennie James (who isn't an unknown), reappears at the beginning of S5 and reunites with the group in the last episode.

I agree with the point being made because, when black characters reach a certain number on the show, they kill them off, but that thread you linked was a horrible example of someone needlessly trying to start some shit.

I dont think many people of color are watching The Walking Dead. I dont think it has anything to do with the "racial" makeup of the show or any perceived racism, it is just the subject matter and the boring dialogue and relationship stuff. The characters are two-dimensional and not very nice to look at....IMO :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Does the new show come out before the next season of this original turd? If so it will be nice to have something to laugh at in the interim. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Does the new show come out before the next season of this original turd? If so it will be nice to have something to laugh at in the interim. :)

The trailer suggest a bit of a Romero feel to it. Before reading the article where they are praising themselves for making marvelous melodrama, I actually had a glimmer of hope *because* of the trailer. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We'll have to start a new thread as S6 premieres tonight.