The "is this show still really on air,why?" Pathetic Walking Dead--S5

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

WHY??? Why is this still a thing? What sort of audience is still entertained by this show and it's universe? I mean, in the time this show has been running, a couple could have an 8 year old child. Zombies just would not be walking around. What a low bar.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and there is a trailer,, because of course there is

the ONLY thing i see interesting here is that this will be on a whole new 'community' of over 9000 people (?)

seems they have schools, universities, fighter aircraft?

so under what premise would anyone want to leave there and its security? oh yeah..2 girl power chics and a guy who seems somewhere in the middle,maybe, who are off to 'change the world'. :)

unfortunately, i see no end to this shenanigans...a prequel cant be far off either. oh, and the 'rick movies' are coming too

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

the ONLY thing i see interesting here is that this will be on a whole new 'community' of over 9000 people (?)

so under what premise would anyone want to leave there and its security? oh yeah..2 girl power chics and a guy who seems somewhere in the middle,maybe, who are off to 'change the world'. :)

unfortunately, i see no end to this shenanigans...a prequel cant be far off either. oh, and the 'rick movies' are coming too

This is ridiculous!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not sure what this is doing here, but the show looks so dumb it is almost funny. A Young Adults hipster Walking Dead?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Not sure what this is doing here, but the show looks so dumb it is almost funny. A Young Adults hipster Walking Dead?

looks it

young and pissed that they have been brought up in a safe and secure community. must be angry for those who can't live there..and the dead, they are mad on behalf of the walkers :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

a pipe wrench, why carry a pipe wrench of such size?

a guy (girl? intentionally androgynous? ) of that size would never be able to swing it with any effect or force

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i think the only reason i keep up with these shows (i dont really watch them other then the first and last eps of each season and then 'news' articles about them) because i am hoping against hope that maybe someday, the TPTBs will get back to the 1st season's plot and maybe, just maybe we will get an explanation for the why,who and how of the epidemic

my terminally optimistic view :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i think the only reason i keep up with these shows (i dont really watch them other then the first and last eps of each season and then 'news' articles about them) because i am hoping against hope that maybe someday, the TPTBs will get back to the 1st season's plot and maybe, just maybe we will get an explanation for the why,who and how of the epidemic

my terminally optimistic view :)

Watching them won't do anything in the way of change, but LOUDLY COMPLAINING about them online definitely will, especially if you can back that up with withholding your money from them by not subscribing or buying stuff connected with it. :) I have been on an email binge lately. I'm pushing back. I did not realize how important it is to be able to escape into my favorite show universes until I suddenly realized that it is very hard to do that these days. Politics soaks everything now. :(

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
rock on Quixote!! just don't dig your spurs too deep into Rocinante, he may buck you off. :)

I see that if I just sit and grumble to myself when watching stuff, or whine quietly to myself when ordering food at a restaurant and being served mediocre food, they will just continue to serve it up. For the first time in many years, I walked out of a film within the first 15 minutes and demanded a refund (and got it). The movie was Gemini Man with Will Smith. The policy was you can get a refund if you do it within the first 20 min, and I was in for 15 min. People need to embrace STANDARDS again.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
All that's left of The Walking Dead is the drama and interpersonal stories taking place within the show. The walkers and the premise of the show is no longer the focus. It's all about certain characters. In a way, The 100 was like that, so I get how it can happen. But in this one we have zombies, and because of that there is the issue of "how are there still zombies after 8 years, and where are they coming from?". One normal intelligent human can take out hundreds, maybe thousands of zombies just by using cunning and being creative. You could easily occupy a mall, school, office building, warehouse, military base, prison or a variety of other secured buildings and locales like Bel Air, and be safe from zombies. Because they are dead, then meat rot should take care of the majority of them. What sort of person is still suspending belief for this show?

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Even Kirkman understood this to a point and ended the comic.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I see that if I just sit and grumble to myself when watching stuff, or whine quietly to myself when ordering food at a restaurant and being served mediocre food, they will just continue to serve it up. For the first time in many years, I walked out of a film within the first 15 minutes and demanded a refund (and got it). The movie was Gemini Man with Will Smith. The policy was you can get a refund if you do it within the first 20 min, and I was in for 15 min. People need to embrace STANDARDS again.

has your supply of MJ gone bad?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
What sort of person is still suspending belief for this show?

i could accept it if the current walkers were recently deceased, but no, we re getting to see a phases of decomp in them. still walking-even with little to no muscular structure on them

hopefully, when it is all done it will kill the zombie genre forever..one can hope

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the current baddies, the whisperers, and their tactics are just way over the top stupid

they where the faces and scalps of walkers and wear dirty assed funked clothes to blend in and guide zombie hordes

started last season i believe

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
has your supply of MJ gone bad?

No, the movie was just horrible. :) For me, it was the fact that I actually met Will Smith in person at my record store in 1986 when he was with Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince. He was just a hoodrat then. This is what he looked like:

jazzyJeff.jpg

In Gemini Man, he looked like this:

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

In that second pic, he looks more real than he did in the movie. The effects were awesome, but I was looking to see a movie in the new 120 HFR format. The ticket price was just not worth seeing THIS movie in that format, and I wanted my money back. Turns out it bombed anyway. :)