The Female Doctor looks like a clown

Hugh Jass

GateFans Cadet
His choice of fashion reminds me of david tennant. But wow all the way back in the 70's? That show is old af!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Doctor Who is over 50 years old as a show.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I really hope both she and Chibnall leave and whoever takes over gets the show back on track, which means expunging the SJW crap and returning to good storytelling.

I really hope both she and Chibnall leave and whoever takes over gets the show back on track, which means expunging the SJW crap and returning to good storytelling.

Remember the problem here is that changing the Doctor back to male this quickly is tantamount to an admission that the female version failed. Even if it's objectively true TPTB can't possibly allow that. It's the same issue with Kathleen Kennedy heading up Star Wars. Admitting a female failed at something this big is anathema to the SJW zeitgeist we are living in currently. I suspect they will give Jodie Whitakker at least one more season in the role, if not two. That way they can claim it was a success despite all the evidence to the contrary.

(I admit I don't fully understand how the ratings and budgeting system works for the BBC but I suspect the budget will be approved for more Doctor Who regardless of how poorly Whittaker is received by fans. Again, it goes back to an SJW refusal to accept objective reality.)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Tom Baker is world famous as The Doctor, just because he hung around more than two weeks not like the current edition, or that crappybaldy guy.

For those who weren't around, The Doctor premiered around November 22, 1963. Something else happened that day so many people may not of seen it or it might of been postponed broadcast wise.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True enough. Baker was also an excellent actor and really made the character his own.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well if they really do get rid of Chibnall and Whittaker then they have to figure out how to mend fences with the fanbase and rebuild. And step one will be to bury the politics and SJW crap and just write good science fiction stories (like DW was famous for). Step two is to find someone to be the Doctor who is not an SJW and who can actually portray the character. It could even be a woman - just find a stronger actress as Whittaker's "Doctor" is so weak and attenuated she makes Peter Davison's weak-ish Doctor look like Tom Baker.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Doctor Who started way back when as more kiddie but rapidly transitioned to more complex science fiction just presented in a more family friendly fashion. The current series is unwatchable as it is incredibly preachy, boring as all heck and none of the main characters have a lick of acting ability on display.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
His choice of fashion reminds me of david tennant. But wow all the way back in the 70's? That show is old af!

I knew it! Yep...explains a lot. :zelenkaanime17:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Flop after flop of SJW themed shows and movies led by women will eventually wake the beancounters and force them to tell the producers to take the next offramp. This "thing" that is putting women in the lead roles of everything, even in male-dominated viewership shows, is a fail. It isn't just hating on the show, it is seeing that EVERYONE is hating on the show or at least has become uninterested in it. Thing is that the kind of damage being done to shows like Dr. Who and Star Trek Discovery is not easily repaired and may not be repairable.

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member

That video was hilarious! Hearing the guy lose his shit was spectacular! :icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao::icon_rotflmao:

He makes a very important point. Fans who love a show watch its episodes because the last episode was good and left the viewer wanting more. I've never missed an episode of a show I love because they didn't advertise it enough. :SmileyLaughingTears:

Series 11 sucks. Best they admit it and move on than keep trying to force it down people's throats.

Do shaming tactics ever work?

You're a misogynist for not watching Jodie Whitaker as the Doctor. You're a troll for criticizing The Last Jedi. You're a closed-minded fanboi for not liking the new Star Trek.

There's always an excuse for the failure of these projects: The BBC didn't promote the show enough. A handful of trolls on the Internet caused the greatest movie franchise in film history to tank. Blah blah blah. :rolleye0014:

Like OM1 said, if these shows and movies are to be saved it will come from the bean counters. They're the only ones dealing in reality at the moment.