THE 100 Season 5

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It took Five Seasons to get to the end of Book One. I won't live long enough to see the end

how close are they sticking to the books?

- or should I say Australian

call me easy to amaze, but i have always found it very interesting just how good at accents/manner of speaking Australians and British actors can get

UNIVERSE do you mean SGU? :vala-new011: :vala-newanime016: not really

i dont know where you are at, guessing end of S5? if so, then yeah just a bit familiar but we see "the after" while in SGU we just saw fat boy smiling

= We do know that there have been humans tothe planet, the crew of Eligius 3, none of them prisoners and all of them 'nightbloods' to handle the dual suns. still alive and grown in population? obv there is going to be some set up for a conflict. i am really hoping for no aliens

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

call me easy to amaze, but i have always found it very interesting just how good at accents/manner of speaking Australians and British actors can get

UNIVERSE do you mean SGU? :vala-new011: :vala-newanime016: not really

Oh, come on, you know all the 100 writers were in a beer parlour somewhere crying about the loss of their favourite sci-fi show. Getting drunk and sloppy saying 'Universe' could of gone on forever, man! Trade in one fat boy for two scrawny actors with no food and a long way to go and we have what?:bashtechie:

Hopefully Madi won't turn into a 200 pound woman when she grows up.

Questionable writing watching all of WonKru getting killed off in the gorge. Does anybody remember the old movie 'Take The High Ground'.

It is absolutely hilarious watching Bellamy and Clarke talk away with their accents. Henry Ian Cusick was born in Peru if I remember my LOST days. Lincoln was English I do believe.

According to my favourite blogger she is assuming that Season 6 will start lensing in two weeks.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oh, come on, you know all the 100 writers were in a beer parlour somewhere crying about the loss of their favourite sci-fi show. Getting drunk and sloppy saying 'Universe' could of gone on forever, man! Trade in one fat boy for two scrawny actors with no food and a long way to go and we have what?:bashtechie:

Hopefully Madi won't turn into a 200 pound woman when she grows up.

Questionable writing watching all of WonKru getting killed off in the gorge. Does anybody remember the old movie 'Take The High Ground'.

It is absolutely hilarious watching Bellamy and Clarke talk away with their accents. Henry Ian Cusick was born in Peru if I remember my LOST days. Lincoln was English I do believe.

According to my favourite blogger she is assuming that Season 6 will start lensing in two weeks.

It's such a minor peeve of mine, I 'll admit...why don't they just keep in their 'american' accent when doing interviews with americans/canadians for the north american audience?

anyhoo....
<< interview includes spoilers if you keep watching>>>

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
It's such a minor peeve of mine, I 'll admit...why don't they just keep in their 'american' accent when doing interviews with americans/canadians for the north american audience?

anyhoo....
<< interview includes spoilers if you keep watching>>>

That's the one. Three girls giggling away.

At the beginning I was thinking that 'Madi' was some sort of imaginary friend that 'Clarke' created to keep her grounded.

And 'Monty' joining up with his mother. WTF, leaving the ship basically unattended. If I was alone by myself I would go bonkers and start destroying the cubicles - first off would be the people I would hate to see survive so they wouldn't contaminate their newly found home.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

As far as I know there are/were 4 books. Reading a promo of the series it looks like the books are replaying Season 1 of the show over and over again.

Sitting down and reading is a lost art for me. Mind you I have a set of the four books from the Lord of the Rings series, which I have been trying to do for more years then I will admit to.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Are you saying I should give 'The Hobbit' one long pass?

no, its just not considered part of the LOTR's trilogy.

since you have not read any of it yet then just begin at the beginning with THE SILMARILLION

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Blodreina's been imitating art....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...-violence-see-tearful-mug-shot-180118448.html

e18c004ed587c6bb8bae124e927c6947

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
anyone watch all of season 5 yet?

:bored:

I think I am counting 5, five people who admit to watching this show. So, we are in the minority as in 2 out of five who have seen all of the latest episodes.

Poor Blodreina will be introducing her 'boyfriend' to an extremely hungry cougar, or one of those half trained bears.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I tried but when bug eater talks , or any of them for that matter , I turned it off . Last I saw , the prison barge , which was higher tech by the way than what they were on , was landing perfectly with no dent in the ground like the rest of these loosers spin drums and I am still trying to figure out how the hell a spinning space station can survive a decent from space . Also when they rejoin the last station which is not spinning , it seems to have gravity right off the bat before they hook up the electrics or the air . Yah I know . Creative liberties abound in this show but jeese Louise , could they not do a short no gravity floating on cable scene for few seconds ?
Give me a hint that it gets better and I may , and that's a huge may , finish watching this mess ...

;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
could they not do a short no gravity floating on cable scene for few seconds

they did that a few times..Echo was amazed....

the Ring portion of the Ark stayed in space,that is where Bellamy, Raven,Echo,etc stayed for the 6 yrs

everytime I watched someone in the Eligius dropship, when it was flying, they were strapped in. As far as its use in the last scene--well, we can find a "off screen" fault in many shows :)

all i can say is that by the very end of S5 the whole "game" has changed

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I tried but when bug eater talks , or any of them for that matter , I turned it off . Last I saw , the prison barge , which was higher tech by the way than what they were on , was landing perfectly with no dent in the ground like the rest of these loosers spin drums and I am still trying to figure out how the hell a spinning space station can survive a decent from space . Also when they rejoin the last station which is not spinning , it seems to have gravity right off the bat before they hook up the electrics or the air . Yah I know . Creative liberties abound in this show but jeese Louise , could they not do a short no gravity floating on cable scene for few seconds ?
Give me a hint that it gets better and I may , and that's a huge may , finish watching this mess ...

;)

Wow, Season 5 lost me. I went ahead and downloaded the entire season and tried to watch the first 3 episodes, and I couldn't make it all the way through ANY of those 3. I had to fast forward in chunks to keep myself from turning the episode off completely. I don't really want to watch it anymore. WAAAYYYYY too dark, too violent, too much conflict and no hope. The characters are all dark and broody and always ready to kill or fight. Did I mention that the show is too damned dark? Oh yeah, well it is. I find it unwatchable. Unless it changes drastically later (somebody will have to tell me), I am done with it. Too many changes in tone and story, even if the original actors are still there. It isn't the same show.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
they did that a few times..Echo was amazed....

the Ring portion of the Ark stayed in space,that is where Bellamy, Raven,Echo,etc stayed for the 6 yrs

everytime I watched someone in the Eligius dropship, when it was flying, they were strapped in. As far as its use in the last scene--well, we can find a "off screen" fault in many shows :)

all i can say is that by the very end of S5 the whole "game" has changed
Okay I skipped to Episode 5 because you said it was a game changer. I did not see that. I jumped to Episode 10, and everyone is still fighting and betraying. Oh, and torture too. No longer a fan....

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Okay I skipped to Episode 5 because you said it was a game changer

no i clearly typed Season 5

and, with that much skipping, you are missing the flashbacks that show why wonkru has become the way they are.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Wow, Season 5 lost me. I went ahead and downloaded the entire season and tried to watch the first 3 episodes, and I couldn't make it all the way through ANY of those 3. I had to fast forward in chunks to keep myself from turning the episode off completely. I don't really want to watch it anymore. WAAAYYYYY too dark, too violent, too much conflict and no hope. The characters are all dark and broody and always ready to kill or fight. Did I mention that the show is too damned dark? Oh yeah, well it is. I find it unwatchable. Unless it changes drastically later (somebody will have to tell me), I am done with it. Too many changes in tone and story, even if the original actors are still there. It isn't the same show.

do you really think that hundreds of ppl locked on a bunker for 6 yrs are all just going to get along?

especially since every group had to reduce their survivors to just 100 each?

then add to that, what you must have skipped over-like the dark year flashbacks--the struggle for food..yeah, no one in that situation is going to be all fairies and unicorns...

there is a drastic change at the end.

don't watch it.. oh and btw, "too much violence"? and just what is the body count on EXPANSE? :)