THE 100 Season 5

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this trailer looks really promising..i hope the show delivers on the promise i see

the characters-they do look older-is there going to be a time jump? clark says "been alone for 2 months" Raven says "i have been trying to get us back to the ground for 6 years"...hmmm

either way, they look as if they have matured in character

the settings/costumes look more mature in appearance; little is seen of the previous garish makeup of the grounders for example

it looks as if the plot may also be 'matured' in that it just may be more adult themed plot

i think that if the CW wanted to continue the show as is with its combo young adult/adult feel that it had they would have made that apparent in the trailer?

anyhow!! its back next month

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
this trailer looks really promising..i hope the show delivers on the promise i see

the characters-they do look older-is there going to be a time jump? clark says "been alone for 2 months" Raven says "i have been trying to get us back to the ground for 6 years"...hmmm

either way, they look as if they have matured in character

the settings/costumes look more mature in appearance; little is seen of the previous garish makeup of the grounders for example

it looks as if the plot may also be 'matured' in that it just may be more adult themed plot

i think that if the CW wanted to continue the show as is with its combo young adult/adult feel that it had they would have made that apparent in the trailer?

anyhow!! its back next month

Hmmm. Seems like 500% more violence and the fighting has been dialed up to 900%.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
WAAAAAYYYYY more bloody and violent

agree

just as i saw the things i did in the trailer, perhaps it was also filled with the violence to get those who they think are attracted to it?

i am not into the violence for violence sake stuff. i tried watching INTO THE BADLANDS and just kept getting a very long fight scene and blood with about zero plot exposition, never tuned back in

violence, sex, crime ,etc--for me, it all has to fit into the plot, to serve the story or else it is just empty gratuitous 'eye candy'

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So the trailer was defi more violent then the actual eps

--does Mike Dupod have some form of OCD that makes him have t try to be in every show made in the Vancouver area?

---in its typical fashion, the plot seems predictable, wonder what the ever present 'twist' will be this season?

--------------------
minor details

maps shown// sat views definitely places the setting of the show in the mid Atlantic region. the round tower of 'Polis' is likely in the Annapolis area of Maryland with the other locations supposedly in northern VA and the DELMARVA Peni as they reference 'crossing the dry ocean' to get to other land mass

dont know why the book author chose this area? maybe she is from the area? could have been anywhere/places in reality more interesting

of course, mtns and evergreen forests of prev seasons gives away the Vancouver area setting

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Was done with that show with season 1 ... How is it up to 5 ?

it has progressed and developed a lot from the S1 teen angst and mutant horse flaming nostrils as well as the mutant zombie like creatures.

the story has progressed and the nature of the show has changed.

somehow perhaps TPTB's saw how it is a very popular show,despite those early kitschy things, and they have tuned it up to be a little more mature

it still has some 'moments' but it is a better show now then the stuff you saw

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so far, up to ep 11, not any more bloodier then any other season

a few non spoiler tidbits:

the "red queen" is a serious bitch with Napoleonic dreams

there just may be more ppl out there in space--asteroid mining,etc

we get,so far, a bit more of Becca Pramheda's story. specifically how she died. maybe how "pramfaya" got its name?

and the "commander chip" is back in effect

still a great show, so far. i believe its a 13 ep season this yr

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So you think I should give it a second go ? Like you said , the teenage angst thing pushed me away big time with those very first episodes . I have no patience for that kind of entertainment , if that's what one would call it .

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So you think I should give it a second go ? Like you said , the teenage angst thing pushed me away big time with those very first episodes . I have no patience for that kind of entertainment , if that's what one would call it .

just skip season 1

anything you need to know from it is re-capped in S2

the acting and writing and execution gets much better in S2..especially with the intro of the AI

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Like yong said, just skip Season 1. You will get the condensed version at the beginning of Season 2 and then you can start getting to understand the factions, the characters and the premise will become more clear. I love the show now, but I felt like you did in Season 1.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Nope ,,, got into 10 mins of season 2 and shut it the !@#$ off . I just cannot stand any of these characters . I want them all to be eaten by herds of ravenous freak giant bears . If you can tell me that happens to a few of them if not most , then I will watch it . otherwise ,,,pos in my eyes .
From what I saw they look like characters from The Road Warrior which really is a rip off . have you any idea as to how difficult it is to do that look ? And there on a planet with nothing but the clothes on there backs but have time to look like head bangers ????

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If you can tell me that happens to a few of them if not most , then I will watch it . otherwise ,,,pos in my eyes

put it his way..so many characters have died since then i have lost count

and, by the time you get to the current season in the shows time, if you count up the surviving grounders, any surviving original 100 and then everyone else from the Ark, and then the new arrivals from a space mining mission, they DO NOT add up to even a third of what you see in ppl in S2. and mountain men? all dead

and the freaky bears, horses, and zombie like grounders are dispensed with by the end of S2 (om1 notice how Emori, Murphy's girl friend with the funky hand--you dont see her hand any more now)

got to focus on the Becca Pramheda, ALLIE story

focus man, focus!!!!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Ok . You got me at most dissappear lol ...

One more time and lets see how far I get .
Oh and you know when that girl gets her arm cut length ways? She would be dead in a few minutes and not have walked as far as she did because she was cut the length of an arm vein , not accross it ...

;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ok . You got me at most dissappear lol ...

One more time and lets see how far I get .
Oh and you know when that girl gets her arm cut length ways? She would be dead in a few minutes and not have walked as far as she did because she was cut the length of an arm vein , not accross it ...

;)

just kinks with writing that, IMO, have gotten worked out''by last season the show has really "matured"

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This is how I feel about the first few episodes written by someone else and that's why I turned it off in the first place .
https://www.quora.com/Why-does-The-100-TV-series-show-suck-so-much

I am up to S2.E5 . I knew that old guy on the mountain was a friggin vampire ! Just knew it !

;)

well, that dude wasn't paying that much attn to the show

now, its been awhile, but i am pretty sure i remember that those "100" kids that humanity is putting their hopes on, were sent down as 'guinea pigs'

they were basically condemned to die anyway due to their inappropriate behavior draining Ark resources.

the leaders of the ark knew they could not stay in orbit much longer so they were testing the theory that the suspected tolerance due to exposure they all had to certain amounts of radiation from being born and raised in orbit, just might make them able to survive the still very measurable amounts of radiation on earth (as measured from the ark)

this is still being referenced now with Bellamy and his sister. hiding her is what got Bellamy on that manifest to the planet. All of "the 100" were criminals of some type and were deemed old enough for spacing or other form of execution

now that you are at the mountain men and their inability to survive on the surface, this mutation (?) in the Ark population and the grounders is very much apparent
-----------------------------------------------------
the thing about online critics is that, i think, they are watching so much stuff, sometimes carelessly, in a rush to get the most posts about the most shows and movies to their sites/blogs, wherever

this is why one needs to hang in there with this show, because it does get pretty good

THE ONLY thing that still sticks with me is why did they have firearms on space stations to begin with?

perhaps they 3d printed them after the nuke war and when order started breaking down they decided to make them? it is a small thing, though

you will more or less get why the grounders have the clothes and what manufactured stuff they do have..even though it is in tatters

has to do with ppl, 99 yrs ago, stockpiling some stuff in a certain location that a certain group of ppl are sitting right on top off.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND once you get to the AI/ALLIE/ The Becca Pramheda story and how and why the commanders are so knowledgeable (but "conserve" their knowledge to be able to control the population better?) you will see even more evidence of the better and better writing