THE 100 Season 5

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
How do they explain her hunting skills

also "earth skills" like farming, hunting, fishing, gathering , land nav, etc as well as history and earth customs,etc, were all taught to all members of the ark for generations in preparation for a some day return to earth

there is an episode where we see flashbacks of many of the characters in class with their teacher going over this stuff

it was also referenced in dialogue in season 1

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Clarke is the one to pay attention to.

you know, being in S5 and having watched all seasons prior and now started rewatching S1, I am thinking more like Clarke is a type of anti hero. Clarke is more like the Norse god Loki. going here and there screwing crap up and only assuming leadership, or tries to, when it suits her

the real leaders in the show-apart from any in the Grounders- are ===

The Blake siblings, Bellamy and Octavia. they have been consistent all the way through especially Bellamy. and, i nS1 when we see flashbacks of younger Bellamy and OCtavia and how he always told her he would always look after her and do anything to protect her, it all still rings true in S5, even when she has become 'Blodreina'

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
OM, have you begun watching S5 yet?

I find it interesting, or more like greater possibilities going forward, the new ppl and what they represent, as well as their backstories and the info they bring about events 100 yrs before

Particularly the Eligius Corporation and their space mining plants, ships and mines. All which were occupied by people during the attacks on Earth. All, their ships have cryo capabilities. We hear Diyoza and her second talk about the existence of 'nightbloods' on one of the mining asteroids /planets. where the ppl developed the same blood mutation to help with processing radiation. When Diyoza saw Clarke's black blood she was not at all surprised.

Also, interesting, is that Diyoza states that though she was a US Navy Seal commander, she was arrested and sent to the mining op due to her "turning on and leading a fight against a fascist govt" which only implies that the US had become a fascist nation at the time of the ALIE attacks

self correction---becca Pramheda originally developed 'nightblood' for the eligius corporation

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Ok so I was bored and watched SO3 ep 2 . This one was not to bad an Ep . Monty meets his mum which was nice to see and finding other survivers was cool . I even like the bounty hunter guy . He got shafted tho . Just still confused as to how parts of that station was able to handle re-entry into earths atmosphere where as the 100 were sent down in a designed for re-entry drop ship . . I noticed the one they found left a big hole in the ground in S0-2 so ooops there I guess on there calculations .

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Lol . That grounder Queen is becoming a kickass ... Nice move showing the ice tribe guy the door , or I mean window lol !!!
Watch that first step ! Lol
That was great !
;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
it was sas that Alicia Carey left the show, presumably for her "big break" in fear thewalking dead.

i am glad they handled it well in this show though

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Yah . Saw that she was in the fear the stinking dead show . Shame indeed as I most certainly will not watch fear the stinkin dead .
;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yah . Saw that she was in the fear the stinking dead show . Shame indeed as I most certainly will not watch fear the stinkin dead .
;)

and her "appearance" is much more appealing in 100 as well :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OM, have you begun watching S5 yet?

I find it interesting, or more like greater possibilities going forward, the new ppl and what they represent, as well as their backstories and the info they bring about events 100 yrs before

Particularly the Eligius Corporation and their space mining plants, ships and mines. All which were occupied by people during the attacks on Earth. All, their ships have cryo capabilities. We hear Diyoza and her second talk about the existence of 'nightbloods' on one of the mining asteroids /planets. where the ppl developed the same blood mutation to help with processing radiation. When Diyoza saw Clarke's black blood she was not at all surprised.

Also, interesting, is that Diyoza states that though she was a US Navy Seal commander, she was arrested and sent to the mining op due to her "turning on and leading a fight against a fascist govt" which only implies that the US had become a fascist nation at the time of the ALIE attacks

self correction---becca Pramheda originally developed 'nightblood' for the eligius corporation

No, not yet. :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
also "earth skills" like farming, hunting, fishing, gathering , land nav, etc as well as history and earth customs,etc, were all taught to all members of the ark for generations in preparation for a some day return to earth

there is an episode where we see flashbacks of many of the characters in class with their teacher going over this stuff

it was also referenced in dialogue in season 1

And who played the teacher? I think he knows Monty's mother.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Re-watching S2

Mountain Men/Mt Weather

last bastion of the US govt

guess it is representative of those shelters where the US govt "leadership" and potentially some of their families would be taken along with support staff in case of a grave emergency--like incoming missiles

so why is Mt Weather run in such a restrictive manner? need to survive? security?

yes but more....

from Dante's dialogue in s2 we know that "a Wallace has been President ever since the bombs"

so, given what was revealed about that govt at the time of the bombs by Diyoza in S5 we know that govt was a fascist one, hence no shame at inherited rule instead of election and no qualms over total lack of real freedom,even in a fallout bunker/underground city where the residents would put up with some of that even in a democratic society

once a govt gets a taste for absolute power, it will never give it up...here art imitates life

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
also, the original "unity day" was only brought about by the heavy handedness of alpha station-the US station. again, if the govt of the US of the time was fascist,per Diyoza, then only makes sense that their station would have tried to impose rule over the others in the name of the home govt.

is it also why alpha station had station to station missiles as well as orbit to ground nukes? station to station used to take out Becca's Polaris station.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
also, the original "unity day" was only brought about by the heavy handedness of alpha station-the US station. again, if the govt of the US of the time was fascist,per Diyoza, then only makes sense that their station would have tried to impose rule over the others in the name of the home govt.

is it also why alpha station had station to station missiles as well as orbit to ground nukes? station to station used to take out Becca's Polaris station.

Quick, tell me who were the first 100 civilians in space. And now tell me who were the first 100 military people in space.

Anyways: Season 5 is it?

What we had.png

This season has come down to the usual survival suits them best routine.

I thought I recognized her voice, that is, super Seal Ivana Milicevic. Some Buffy fans might recognize her as Sam Finn in one episode way back in say 2001.

Nice start to the season so far. How I love constructive adversity. They had me going with all that drama in Epis 3 ad 4 - then they had to introduce the usual drollop of violence.

Bellamy is bad; Clarke seems to be really bad; Octavia, as the Red Sonya, is still my baddest hero of the show; but Raven still continues to be the baddest of them all.

Who would of thought that Richard Harmon would parlay that role on "Continuum" into something and become one wise cracking bad-ass actor. Jessica Harmon seems to be on the move. Their father, director Allan Harmon, is the busiest of them all it appears working on a myriad of shows.

Unfortunately we can't keep this group of actors together for very much longer - so I will enjoy this cast for as long as humanly possible.

Beware of aliens because they won't be bringing accountants.

Last edited: