THE 100 Season 5

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
no i clearly typed Season 5

and, with that much skipping, you are missing the flashbacks that show why wonkru has become the way they are.

They failed to engage me in the way the 4 seasons before it did. Did the writers change? I can't watch it long enough to be interested in what is supposed to be going on in the story. Way too much suffering, fighting, conflict. Too dark in tone. Why did they open the season with Clarke suffering after Priamfyre and being in the desert and eating bugs and running out of stuff for a full 30 min? Yet the little girl scene took only 10 minutes and they grew her up and fast forwarded 6 years in that 10 min? Octavia has become a murdering psychopath, Raven and the crew on the Ring are fighting (even if for play), why would they find time to fight at all? Fighting for fun? Paige in the bunker and Jaha are all dark and broody.

They ruined it for me. I am not able to watch long enough to pay any attention to the story because it is just too dark and violent. Every episode.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
do you really think that hundreds of ppl locked on a bunker for 6 yrs are all just going to get along?

especially since every group had to reduce their survivors to just 100 each?

then add to that, what you must have skipped over-like the dark year flashbacks--the struggle for food..yeah, no one in that situation is going to be all fairies and unicorns...

there is a drastic change at the end.

don't watch it.. oh and btw, "too much violence"? and just what is the body count on EXPANSE? :)

You can't even remotely compare this show to The Expanse. Compare it to Star Trek: Discovery if you have to compare it to something, since it is a lot more like that show than it is anything else out there I can see. ;) Fast forwarding in 10sec intervals is not missing much, and I can see what is going on.

You sound almost offended that I don't like this show anymore. How come? I have been a fan of it up till now, and I have been honest with my reviews of it. I even encouraged others to watch. This season, I don't feel the same way about the show. Honesty. I really don't understand why it has changed so drastically. I don't know if the writers changed, or whatever, but it isn't the same show it was from season 1-4 to me. I can't watch it.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
do you really think that hundreds of ppl locked on a bunker for 6 yrs are all just going to get along?

especially since every group had to reduce their survivors to just 100 each?

then add to that, what you must have skipped over-like the dark year flashbacks--the struggle for food..yeah, no one in that situation is going to be all fairies and unicorns...

there is a drastic change at the end.

don't watch it.. oh and btw, "too much violence"? and just what is the body count on EXPANSE? :)

I did not skip it in chunks THAT big, I could see all of that. The question is, why would I want to? Struggling is not entertainment to me. I will watch the last episode right now.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay....Episode 13 got me interested again. I saw why it was a game changer! Best and only truly watchable episode in the whole Season 5. :) But why did they take so freakin long to make things interesting again? I imagine the show lost thousands of viewers before they watched episode 13. They should have teased it or hinted at the new development much much sooner. I am still not sorry I skipped through those episodes, and I even needed to skip through the first 30 min of Episode 13 because of all the shooting and killing and fighting and arguing. Only when he fired the bomb did I become interested. Where would the story go from there? The last half of the episode was AWESOME. I think Season 6 will be great, if they get renewed. Whomever made the season so dark should be fired. I think it may have done fatal damage to the viewership.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Omg you compared this show to The Expanse !!!
My god man ,
There completely different on so many levels there's not enough time in the world to explain them ...
As OM1 said , it is in the same arena as std but know where , no where near The Expanse ,,,
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My god man ,
There completely different on so many levels there's not enough time in the world to explain them ...
As OM1 said , it is in the same arena as std but know where , no where near The Expanse ,,,
;)

What they did at the end of Episode 13 makes this into a whole different show. The entire premise has changed as though they are rebooting the show completely. It should be good if they start doing some civilization building, but if it is just more of these tribes fighting with each other for dominance, I will not be watching any more of it. Season 5 made me understand why earth was doomed, and who doomed it. These people became HORRIBLE. Octavia and Paige completely changed.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Why did they open the season with Clarke suffering after Priamfyre and being in the desert and eating bugs and running out of stuff for a full 30 min?

she was in becca's bunker for like 42 days or something, that bunker was not stocked with supplies, only wha tshe had with her or what Bellamy's group left behind before they took off

so, why wouldn't she be eating whatever was available?

if she had come through it with out being hungry,etc, then ppl would say "where did she get the food, the bunker wasn't stocked?"

as for the ppl in octavia's bunker, i already explained that. even if they did have plenty of food and supplies down there, would you really expect 1200 ppl of such disparate backgrounds, who had just got done being at war with each other, to just get along?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
My god man ,
;)
i didnt say it was like the expanse

just STOP RIGHT THERE!! GETTING A BIT OLD, having my words twisted..

i said "whats the body count in expanse?" in retort to om1 complained about too much violence in this show

that was it..nothing more...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They should have teased it or hinted at the new development much much sooner

well Diyoza did mention that hey had seen other 'nightbloods' in the crew of eligius 3. also, we "saw" that there was a planet being exploited by eligius corp on a computer screen where, i think it was raven, was doing some research. it was news story with something like "contact lost with mining expedition"

so we do get a very little intro to the planet though no one considered going there. they are fighting for what is right in front of them for the taking

the eligius 3 was the ship that went to the new planet. they had been altered by Becca's original formula so that they could endure the extra radiation produced by the planet's two suns. contact was lost just before ALIE's apocalypse so no one knows their status

but, when looking back through the first 4 seasons, they have never telegraphed what was coming at any ending

s1 gave us mountain men in final scene, s2 gave us ALIE the end, etc

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
she was in becca's bunker for like 42 days or something, that bunker was not stocked with supplies, only wha tshe had with her or what Bellamy's group left behind before they took off

so, why wouldn't she be eating whatever was available?

if she had come through it with out being hungry,etc, then ppl would say "where did she get the food, the bunker wasn't stocked?"

as for the ppl in octavia's bunker, i already explained that. even if they did have plenty of food and supplies down there, would you really expect 1200 ppl of such disparate backgrounds, who had just got done being at war with each other, to just get along?

Oh, I get the elements of the story. The problem was the presentation. WHY would anyone want to watch as Clarke (and only Clarke) was digging herself out of a desolate landscape of what was left of earth, then travel for miles , eating the bugs along the way, and finding herself FINALLY at the Valley? 30 min? But the little girl shows up, and within 15 min she is aged 6 years and can talk perfectly.

On the other point, you said: "would you really expect 1200 ppl of such disparate backgrounds, who had just got done being at war with each other, to just get along?" YES, I would, actually. They should never have been at war to begin with. That is just NOT the way of most of the world. Generally speaking, disasters bring people together, not divide them into factions fighting over resources. But yeah, there are certain cultures who behave in this way and never have been peaceful. But that is another story. I get the factions in this story. The problem was the darkness of the season. Not just a single episode, but the WHOLE season.

And even the 13th episode began with shooting, killing, fighting and conflict. There was not a single episode of Season 5 without that. Very depressing, dark and off-putting. Do you know if the writers changed? Let me see...

Nope...same writers. And Season 5 differs from the book from what I am reading here:

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/t...Book-2-explained-Kass-Morgan-novels-series-CW

Season six will mark a new era for the show and see the characters leaving behind a decimated Earth once and for all as they try to build a new life on an alien planet.

The characters are likely to be meeting new friends and foes as well as continuing to deal with tensions and divisions within.

:bored: Not the show I wanted to watch when I started The 100. It's now Terra Nova meets Lost In Space. And there are more than 400, so even the name doesn't fit anymore either.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
These people became HORRIBLE. Octavia and Paige completely changed.

horrible and desperate situations make horrible and desperate people

these extremes were necessary to show just how far a person can be changed by circumstances

Blodreina was a far far different person then the girl 'under the floor' who was so happy and to get to the surface in s1

Paige was a 'i'll do anything to force my help on everyone--even ratting out my husband and have him floated" to "i'll do anything for my next fix"

this is human behavior,, it is NEVER nice and clean and predictable like science is

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i didnt say it was like the expanse

just STOP RIGHT THERE!! GETTING A BIT OLD, having my words twisted..

i said "whats the body count in expanse?" in retort to om1 complained about too much violence in this show

that was it..nothing more...

Your quote:

Yongjin snark said:

Translation: Pfffft! Yeah, The 100 has violence, and if you don't like it don't watch it. BTW, the Expanse is just as violent! Just sayin (without sayin)" :anim_35:;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They should never have been at war to begin with. That is just NOT the way of most of the world. Generally speaking, disasters bring people together, not divide them into factions fighting over resources.

you have to reminder who the grounders are,,who they came from

they are the descendants of end of the world religious fanatics--the New Dawn group

after Becca brought them nightblood and the flame,, some supported her as 'commander and created the beginnings of a following around her,

of course some of them did not spt her--the ones who killed her in 'Becca Pramheda's fire (= pramfaya )' with two meanings. they killed her by burning her as they blamed her creation for burning the world

my guess would be that the Azgeda were the descendants of those who opposed Becca and killed her, who were then cast out by the others who formed the other clans who then became nearly all enemies of Azgeda. Azgeda only grudgingly accepts the commander in the seasons we see. i mean they have their own Queen and King while everyone else just has a chief.

so, yes, a new culture sprung from survivors of religious doomsday fanatics IS NOT going to make a new bright rosy civilization

we know there were others in the world (when we saw the ppl in egypt fry in pramfaya 2), i a msure they lived in a way that was based on the culture of their groups original survivors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
this is why i have one common peeve with these kinds of shows/movies..one reason

whether the original planet of the apes, omega man/ i a mlegend. walkingdead, etc,etc

one thing they all share is they say or imply "everywhere in the planet is like here' but we never get to see that. numbers and probability do not spt that claim.

all the ppl on earth now, plus all the bunkers and subterranean shelters, subways (deep ones), hell shopping malls in some nations, or military preparations (like in north korea) all adds up to more then just a relatively small group of survivors

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
BTW, the Expanse is just as violent! Just sayin (without sayin

EXACTLY

are you denying ppl did not die in massive numbers on EXPANSE?

just because we may have seen them die differently makes them no less dead

violence is violence no matter how it is done

now, did i say anything like "oh, character X from 100 is just like character y from expanse" or anything else?
nope!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
if you dont like something cuz its too dark and scary either turn it off or turn on a light

or go watch disney channel :)

tell me one sci fi show that you like that DOES NOT have violence, injury or death?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
EXACTLY

are you denying ppl did not die in massive numbers on EXPANSE?

just because we may have seen them die differently makes them no less dead

violence is violence no matter how it is done

now, did i say anything like "oh, character X from 100 is just like character y from expanse" or anything else?
nope!

Dude, The Expanse is well...The Expanse. :) This show is nowhere in the same dimension as The Expanse on any level. The deaths seen in The Expanse are not senseless, tribal wars or about fighting for survival. And The Expanse far more represents the diversity in Humanity than The 100. Again, it did not start out being that way, it became that way at the end of Season 3. People die in The 100 for vendettas, revenge and even pleasure. Are you seeing that in The Expanse? Why are you even trying to compare them? :)

The point you are trying to make is a defense of the show. I can see that. I liked Season 1, Season 2 and Season 3. Season 4 started getting dark, and Season 5 is deeply in shadow and it has made the show unappealing for me. I don't like Season 5. Its just my opinion of Season 5, and is no more or less valid than your opinion of the show. I have said why I don't like it, and I also said that Season 6 (if it gets made) will be better.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
if you dont like something cuz its too dark and scary either turn it off or turn on a light

or go watch disney channel :)

tell me one sci fi show that you like that DOES NOT have violence, injury or death?

There you go again...defensive much? We are talking about THIS show. The premise of THIS show has not been dark or anywhere near as violent as this season is. THIS show has changed from one thing into another. Like SGU is dark and stupid as compared to Atlantis or SG-1, Season 5 of The 100 is dark and stupid and bloody as compared to the first three seasons. Not entertaining (to me). You aren't in the show and you are not one of the producers, so why are you loading your gun?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This show is nowhere in the same dimension as The Expanse on any level

never said it was..please stop putting words into my type :(

i am very fragile :)

death is death, war is war, murder is murder--purpose,senseless whatever, there are no 'degrees' of better or worse

it is easy to say that "death has purpose" if one has not seen it in all its senselessness

that said though, the deaths in this season are not meaningless, they all have a plot purpose/reason. desperation for control of what they believe to be the last fertile place on earth is the motivator

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You aren't in the show and you are not one of the producers, so why are you loading your gun?

why are you so upset about the way they chose to depict their show's development?

i really think if you watched it and didn't FF so much you would of had more answers

like one very basic one: you asked "why do we see CLarke and only Clarke digging out..."

who else would we see? Madi didn't need to be shown,,she is like 6 yrs old. her struggle in the valley for 42 days was nothing like clarke's

these were the only (that we know of..and know it does not matter any way) 2 ppl on the surface of the planet as they were both nightbloods and had the ability to resist the radiation levels
so, who else were we supposed to see "digging out"? just 40 days after the burn?

clarke did try to dig out the bunker entrance..did you see that part?

the time jump was needed, i suppose, to allow more time for rad levels to drop, and to facilitate the travel time of the eligius ship to get to earth-an Earth, they thought was still as they left it.

just dont watch it, click the button :) :)