Terra Nova

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
G

Graybrew1

I won't go into any spoilers. I am happy with tonight's finale. I think they should get another season. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I won't go into any spoilers. I am happy with tonight's finale. I think they should get another season. :D

You MADE my night! I thought the series was already done until the next season...I had NO IDEA there were not one, but TWO episodes left, with the last being a whole hour and a half! :)

Besides the rather annoying "Brady Bunch meets Jurassic Park" moments, they were very good. The last episode, the cliffhanger was awesome to me. I loved the whole plot thing about the original terminus (will not spoil it!). I also am intrigued about the Badlands now. There is a chance for some characters to have a complete change (Mira comes to mind). Now that the situation has evidently changed in a huge way, she could even switch sides. I did NOT like the way Lucas survived. It reminds me too much of Helen in Primeval...stretched out too far. Kill him off already...he is not critical to the show anymore IMO.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You MADE my night! I thought the series was already done until the next season...I had NO IDEA there were not one, but TWO episodes left, with the last being a whole hour and a half! :)

Besides the rather annoying "Brady Bunch meets Jurassic Park" moments, they were very good. The last episode, the cliffhanger was awesome to me. I loved the whole plot thing about the original terminus (will not spoil it!). I also am intrigued about the Badlands now. There is a chance for some characters to have a complete change (Mira comes to mind). Now that the situation has evidently changed in a huge way, she could even switch sides. I did NOT like the way Lucas survived. It remonds me too much of Helen in Primeval...stretched out too far. Kill him off already...he is not critical to the show anymore IMO.

So Barney's job is done? No one to devour?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Besides the rather annoying "Brady Bunch meets Jurassic Park" moments, they were very good. The last episode, the cliffhanger was awesome to me. I loved the whole plot thing about the original terminus (will not spoil it!). I also am intrigued about the Badlands now. There is a chance for some characters to have a complete change (Mira comes to mind). Now that the situation has evidently changed in a huge way, she could even switch sides. I did NOT like the way Lucas survived. It reminds me too much of Helen in Primeval...stretched out too far. Kill him off already...he is not critical to the show anymore IMO.

Did I miss the season finale? I've been really busy lately and wasn't around Monday night to watch it. Unlike cable they don't seem to rerun shows on network TV the same way so I'm SOL I guess. I would be happy with a simple synopsis if anyone wants to give one.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
B

Backstep

The finale was interesting. Could the Badlands be the Bermuda Triangle? An unstable time rift to all of Earth's time not just 2149? If there is a season 2 it will be interesting to find out, plus let there be less focus on the family more on survival and the time rift.

G

Graybrew1

I am thinking the badlands are not bad at all. That was where Lucas was hiding at one point right?

B

Backstep

I am thinking the badlands are not bad at all. That was where Lucas was hiding at one point right?

It was never said where Lucas was hiding just he was in hiding to work on the two way transport through the rift. A season 2 could go in that direction.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Out of context that picture could be horribly misconstrued.

Really? I dont see how. :roll:. I hope it is conveying: "Please eat Zoe!"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The finale was interesting. Could the Badlands be the Bermuda Triangle? An unstable time rift to all of Earth's time not just 2149? If there is a season 2 it will be interesting to find out, plus let there be less focus on the family more on survival and the time rift.

Im pretty sure it means another time rift, but is it natural? Is it stable? What tie frame does it lead to or from?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Im pretty sure it means another time rift, but is it natural? Is it stable? What tie frame does it lead to or from?

Isn't this all a moot point if they are occupying 2 separate universes? Has that question been answered yet? Or are they just trying to get a stable 2-way wormhole so they can transport resources to the future universe?

B

Backstep

Those are the questions i like see a season 2 explore while leaving the family at the colony.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Really? I dont see how. :roll:. I hope it is conveying: "Please eat Zoe!"

YoshiCart64 has a point. If that post pops up in a Google search, they'll see the pic of a girl with red arrows and the words, "Yum" and "Bite here". Hopefully, they'll read the rest of the thread and get the context.:rotflmao:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
YoshiCart64 has a point. If that post pops up in a Google search, they'll see the pic of a girl with red arrows and the words, "Yum" and "Bite here". Hopefully, they'll read the rest of the thread and get the context.:rotflmao:

Should I remove it? :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Isn't this all a moot point if they are occupying 2 separate universes? Has that question been answered yet? Or are they just trying to get a stable 2-way wormhole so they can transport resources to the future universe?

I was thinking the same thing. Also, they are still saying "control the past to control the future". If that is possible and they have gone back to the past IN THAT TIMELINE, then the entire premise unravels. Killing a single insect would change the future. They should never have been able to travel back to the original timeline.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I was thinking the same thing. Also, they are still saying "control the past to control the future". If that is possible and they have gone back to the past IN THAT TIMELINE, then the entire premise unravels. Killing a single insect would change the future. They should never have been able to travel back to the original timeline.

It's unlikely going that far back would have any impact at all on the future. Don't forget the big extinction level event that creates a huge evolutionary void between then and now.

I say unlikely, not impossible, because creatures did survive the ELE.