Terra Nova

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes, if they end up staying there and evolve, there's no doubt they're rewriting 85 million years of history. My reference was more towards pillaging the past to benefit the future.

Well whatever the hell they're doing they need to explain it and fast. These are core questions that we're discussing. And I should point out that I, for one, am no physicist or scientific genius, so if someone of my limited knowledge in the area of time travel can find the premise suspect then that means just about everyone else can also.

Maybe GB is right in that they're dribbling out details ala "Lost" and will eventually explain things in more detail. That's a dangerous game to play though as the show could get canceled before they manage that.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well whatever the hell they're doing they need to explain it and fast. These are core questions that we're discussing. And I should point out that I, for one, am no physicist or scientific genius, so if someone of my limited knowledge in the area of time travel can find the premise suspect then that means just about everyone else can also.

Maybe GB is right in that they're dribbling out details ala "Lost" and will eventually explain things in more detail. That's a dangerous game to play though as the show could get canceled before they manage that.

They shouldn't even try that one. Stretching and teasing wont work after SGU and V and Defying Gravity. I recently watched an episode of the new V and it struck me how some of the episodes seem just like watching grass grow. The Walking Dead is going to kill itself with it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep. Overall the new V wasn't bad but there was a problem with the story moving too slowly.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yep. Overall the new V wasn't bad but there was a problem with the story moving too slowly.

When I was watching it (the new V), I recalled how excited I was initially when it was still going. After it was gone and time had passed, it somehow did not seem the same on the rewatch.

The story in Terra Nova is being laid out in a serialized fashion, and if you come into it other than the very beginning, then you lose the thread of the story. After doing the catchup rewatch, I like the show now where I hated it after only watching 3 episodes. I cant imagine enjoying the cliffhanger without knowing who the characters are up to that point. Does this really make sense to drop the episodic format completely? The only episodic video now seems to be anime. :(. Anyways, I really liked this season overall. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I thought the season finale was good and the cliffhanger was interesting. :)
there are more eps for me to see? I need to check my on demand. since hubby stopped watching it I have forgotten. My new obsession is Once Upon a time! :D
So Barney's job is done? No one to devour?
I have a loong list...then we can send him to DC. :P

Did I miss the season finale? I've been really busy lately and wasn't around Monday night to watch it. Unlike cable they don't seem to rerun shows on network TV the same way so I'm SOL I guess. I would be happy with a simple synopsis if anyone wants to give one.
LOL try on demand...I have become addicted to it! :P

I do and that's a valid point. There's also the possibility that humans may survive through the ELE and create an entirely new lineage evolving 85 million years from modern-day man. If they succumb to extinction, though, fossilized records of advanced humans would probably be all we'd get. I can't imagine how stepping on something or killing something who's descendants would fall during the extinction event could have any effect past that point.
they'd recreate the ancients! :D yes I have been watching stargate eps lately ...great shows to wrap presents by! :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
there are more eps for me to see? I need to check my on demand. since hubby stopped watching it I have forgotten. My new obsession is Once Upon a time! :D

I have a loong list...then we can send him to DC. :P

LOL try on demand...I have become addicted to it! :P

they'd recreate the ancients! :D yes I have been watching stargate eps lately ...great shows to wrap presents by! :P

If they got the rights and could tie that in somehow I would be all giggly. :D

G

Graybrew1

If they got the rights and could tie that in .somehow I would be all giggly. :D
Bluce? Giggly?Stop, making my sides hurt...one of these things is not like the other...one of these things does belong....Lol

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear