Syfy Forums

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Okay, I have to say something about the SyFy forum... over this past week, it's like there's been an invasion of people there from the lowest quartile of the IQ pool.

I know, there have been spikes before, but where the heck are they coming from?

They don't read any posts before spewing their "say"...

They don't seem to think about what they're actually saying...

Logic is often totally absent in their claims...

They misinterpret everything and jump on bandwagons and straw men...

I mean seriously... I have never seen a group of people that shouldn't have access to a computer. I'm surprised some of them have the skills to type. Where the hell are they coming from?

And I'm not talking about the SGU fans who come on and say, "yeah, I know it has a few serious issues and the plot is kinda drek at times, but I still like it, it's a shame..." No, this collection of people appears to be a mish-mash of illegal downloaders (who somehow believe they're entitled and it's not wrong), others who don't understand anything about the TV industry (SyFy must have millions, just like MGM, surely they could make shows commercial-free!), or people who have ears and eyes yet still manage to interpret everything incorrectly (themaingmaster comes to mind).

How do they survive in real life?

G

Graybrew1

Okay, I have to say something about the SyFy forum... over this past week, it's like there's been an invasion of people there from the lowest quartile of the IQ pool.

I know, there have been spikes before, but where the heck are they coming from?

They don't read any posts before spewing their "say"...

They don't seem to think about what they're actually saying...

Logic is often totally absent in their claims...

They misinterpret everything and jump on bandwagons and straw men...

I mean seriously... I have never seen a group of people that shouldn't have access to a computer. I'm surprised some of them have the skills to type. Where the hell are they coming from?

And I'm not talking about the SGU fans who come on and say, "yeah, I know it has a few serious issues and the plot is kinda drek at times, but I still like it, it's a shame..." No, this collection of people appears to be a mish-mash of illegal downloaders (who somehow believe they're entitled and it's not wrong), others who don't understand anything about the TV industry (SyFy must have millions, just like MGM, surely they could make shows commercial-free!), or people who have ears and eyes yet still manage to interpret everything incorrectly (themaingmaster comes to mind).

How do they survive in real life?

Themaingmaster to me is dangerous. He truly believes evereything he says, when other's argue it , he defends his point. When it starts to get mutually heated he feigns innocence and jumps to another thread to say basically the same stuff. Dangerous only, because some of us get emotional with a little bit of a temper could get themselves in trouble. He does make it hard sometimes to just bite my lip. But tonight is the night, so I have bigger fish to try than that person. :rolleyes:

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Themaingmaster to do me is dangerous. He truly believes evereything he says, when other's argue it , he defends his point. When it starts to get mutually heated he feigns innocence and jumps to another thread to say basically the same stuff. Dangerous only, because some of us get emotional with a little bit of a temper could get themselves in trouble. He does make it hard sometimes to just bite my lip. But tonight is the night, so I have bigger fish to try than that person. :rolleyes:
It's just bizarre... where do they come from?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Themaingmaster to do me is dangerous. He truly believes evereything he says, when other's argue it , he defends his point. When it starts to get mutually heated he feigns innocence and jumps to another thread to say basically the same stuff. Dangerous only, because some of us get emotional with a little bit of a temper could get themselves in trouble. He does make it hard sometimes to just bite my lip. But tonight is the night, so I have bigger fish to try than that person. :rolleyes:

he's a troll my dear, ignore him- you'll feel better! ;)

G

Graybrew1

he's a troll my dear, ignore him- you'll feel better! ;)

That's where I am confused. I thought a troll was somebody saying things they don't really believe to bait. I think he is just delusional. :facepalm:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
That's where I am confused. I thought a troll was somebody saying things they don't really believe to bait. I think he is just delusional. :facepalm:

trolls also like to see how much trouble they can get other posters in. ;) he's one of those. :P

G

Graybrew1

trolls also like to see how much trouble they can get other posters in. ;) he's one of those. :P
Okay, I guess I really took some of that bait at times. I am avoiding him at all costs now. :icon_e_wink:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
No troll

You're right. He isn't doing it "on purpose" just to bait & derail. He's just... different.

G

Graybrew1

You're right. He isn't doing it "on purpose" just to bait & derail. He's just... different.

That's how it feels to me. I have vowed not to reply to his posts anymore. He is a waste of my time.

G

Graybrew1

Gone were the days when trolls did things for their own amusement, now you can't tell the difference between them doing it for fun, or they're unique that way by default.
I assure you I am not a troll. I have no other handles other than Graybrew1 anywhere. My only crime was to respond in a way that could have been percieved as inconsiderate of other's feelings. I am but a babe in the wood's compared to most of you pros, so I am still learning to control myself.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
I assure you I am not a troll. I have no other handles other than Graybrew1 anywhere. My only crime was to respond in a way that could have been percieved as inconsiderate of other's feelings. I am but a babe in the wood's compared to most of you pros, so I am still learning to control myself.
Control is for Jedis. Tap into the heart of emotion, the rewards are infinite! :D

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Yes, well it can also get you banned. :rolleyes: And it really is not fair to the Mods if I take it too far. :biggrin:
Oh now now... being evil doesn't necessarily mean going full bore without consideration of the website's policies.

No, exquisite evil is performed with a flair, dancing within the rules of the system. It's best done with humor and panache, and a wink to the Snidley Whiplashes of old. :)

G

Graybrew1

Oh now now... being evil doesn't necessarily mean going full bore without consideration of the website's policies.

No, exquisite evil is performed with a flair, dancing within the rules of the system. It's best done with humor and panache, and a wink to the Snidley Whiplashes of old. :)

And that is something that I guess I would have to learn from you. :icon_e_wink: