Syfy Forums

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
That is exactly what I said to them. Probably what is now causing them to back each other up with, yeah, I'm doing it...I'm doing it too. blah,blah, blah.
Tell them, "pics of your dated cable bill cancellation or it didn't happen and you're talking total BS!" :)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
And I bet 95% of those claiming they're dropping the channel "because of SGU's cancellation" are lying anyway. It's just hooey.
Very true. Specially when one considers than many of them don't even live in the US... :eek:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Supposedly the ones claiming it do. One of them is our good friend Mr. Themaingmaster.
Yes, I've heard everywhere that he's been causing a lot of trouble over at Syfy. I read the latest altercation involving, among others, Gatefan'76, Cimmer and yourself, and since I suspected it was going to be erased I saved Uxmal's excellent posts directed at this TMGM dude. You can read TMGM's comments from Uxmal's quotes:
(Sorry, I seemed to have missed Cimmer's this time, though :( But She is always welcome to come here comment for herself if she wishes ;))

Screen shot 2011-06-07 at 22.56.09.png
Screen shot 2011-06-07 at 22.56.39.png
Screen shot 2011-06-07 at 22.57.03.png

Screen shot 2011-06-07 at 22.57.32.png

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Basically this TMGM guy claimed that people who didn't like SGU and didn't watch it beyond the first episodes just weren't open-minded to change - another one of the subtle digs at SGA and SG1 fans, as if there were something wrong with them and not with the show. And completely ignoring the fact that many Stargate fans did in fact give SGU a chance to start with but gave up at some point.
Before Uxmal tackled that post, Cimmer had a brilliant response to it (Uxmal praised it in his post). Very civil, as is usually the case for her, but also very to the point.
Like I said before, I messed up and lost it, so I'll post the only bits that I have found. If the rest pops up I'll post it here, because it is an excellent read. :)

Cimmer

I think perhaps you're making erroneous connections between being open minded (whatever your definition of that may be) and liking something or being entertained by it. Being open minded in the generally accepted definition means being willing to try things, like trying beaver tail stew. It does not however mean that if you don't like beaver tail stew that you are then obligated to continue eating it for the rest of your life to keep the status of being an 'open minded person'. ...
Loving all the shows with the title "Stargate" doesn't bestow any special grace or moral superiority or latitude in any respect, including any discussion of the merits of any particular series or any projections for the future of the franchise.
Unfortunately that's all I have for now (more will come). But it's enough to show that it was indeed wrong IMO for the mods to delete that comment in particular. Cimmer is neither addressing TMGM nor flaming him - she just refutes the merits (i.e. the lack thereof) of his argument. :(

G

Graybrew1

Basically this TMGM guy claimed that people who didn't like SGU and didn't watch it beyond the first episodes just weren't open-minded to change - another one of the subtle digs at SGA and SG1 fans, as if there were something wrong with them and not with the show. And completely ignoring the fact that many Stargate fans did in fact give SGU a chance to start with but gave up at some point.
Before Uxmal tackled that post, Cimmer had a brilliant response to it (Uxmal praised it in his post). Very civil, as is usually the case for her, but also very to the point.
Like I said before, I messed up and lost it, so I'll post the only bits that I have found. If the rest pops up I'll post it here, because it is an excellent read. :)

Unfortunately that's all I have for now (more will come). But it's enough to show that it was indeed wrong IMO for the mods to delete that comment in particular. Cimmer is neither addressing TMGM nor flaming him - she just refutes the merits (i.e. the lack thereof) of his argument. :(

TBH, I don't think my original couple of posts were either. I tried to be careful in the beginning. I simply pointed out what he said and did not allow him to back out of it. I also gave him a chance to apologize for it and he refused..........then things got ugly.

Interestingly enough, BTW, not a single new posts has been put on the Syfy SGU thread since TGTM covered them at 12:22pm today. Now, THAT is not a coincidence folks. :icon_e_wink:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
TBH, I don't think my original couple of posts were either. I tried to be careful in the beginning. I simply pointed out what he said and did not allow him to back out of it. I also gave him a chance to apologize for it and he refused..........then things got ugly.

Interestingly enough, BTW, not a single new posts has been put on the Syfy SGU thread since TGTM covered them at 12:22pm today. Now, THAT is not a coincidence folks. :icon_e_wink:

"covered them"? Im not sure I understand...is he a Mod or something?

B

Backstep

I have been spending some extra time in Syfy forums lately. I went and got myself into not one but two heated debates.
OH Me Oh My. How do I do this to myself.

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2357550&st=20

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2315428&view=findpost&p=6985889

The First one is from Sanctuary thread and the second one is from SPN.
To be honest I probably incited the SPN debate, but I mean what I said in both of them.

GB i think you're confusing Jack the Ripper killings and Spring-heeled Jack. Yes Watson suspected Druitt but as Helen stated to Watson, "by now you should have found the correct killer" and went out to find Jack to try and bring him in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Heeled_Jack

G

Graybrew1

No I am just debating the point of argument that Druitt has not be proven to be Jack the Ripper. I do believe that Druitt killed others, but I don't see it being guaranteed like this one poster did that he was proven to be Jack the Ripper. I also, feel it is a TV show and the storyline is not over.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The SyFy poster has a valid point. Helen went back to a point in time 10 years after the Whitechapel murders (Jack the Ripper). In the Sanctuary timeline she had confronted John over the killings a decade ago. So having Springheel Jack commit a second series of killings is fully compatible with the storyline.