Syfy Forums

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Pretty sad. Doesn't SGA reruns get only slightly less viewership against new SGU episodes?

Back in Season 5 the 2nd and 3rd runs of SGA were hitting around a 0.7 HH rating or around 800,000 viewers.

G

Graybrew1

Back in Season 5 the 2nd and 3rd runs of SGA were hitting around a 0.7 HH rating or around 800,000 viewers.

So, when you say, 2nd or 3rd runs, you mean the second or third time that ep was aired? And SGU is getting the same for it's new shows now?
:facepalm:

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
So, when you say, 2nd or 3rd runs, you mean the second or third time that ep was aired? And SGU is getting the same for it's new shows now?
:facepalm:

SGA used to run the previous week's new ep at 8pm, and at 11pm was the 2nd run of the new ep that current week. So the 8pm slots are actually the 3rd runs. So it was like this to give you an example...

8pm - First Contact ep 510 (3rd run, last week's new ep)
9pm - The Lost Tribe ep 511 (1st run, new episode)
11pm - The Lost Tribe ep 511 (2nd run)

G

Graybrew1

SGA used to run the previous week's new ep at 8pm, and at 11pm was the 2nd run of the new ep that current week. So the 8pm slots are actually the 3rd runs. So it was like this to give you an example...

8pm - First Contact ep 510 (3rd run, last week's new ep)
9pm - The Lost Tribe ep 511 (1st run, new episode)
11pm - The Lost Tribe ep 511 (2nd run)

I now totally understand , why they cancelled the show.

G

Graybrew1

You mean SGU, right? :icon_e_confused:

Yes, After Briangate posted the stat about the 3rd runs being so close to the first runs for SGU, I can now completely understand why Syfy cancelled it. I am not glad they did, but I understand why they did.

G

Graybrew1

There is somebody over there that actually thought that the "Lime" they were looking for was the actual fruit. And not the chemical lime. Is it just me , or is that absolutely completely knee slapping snort laughing funny.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I know I am evil aren't I? I can just picture them squeezing the limes into the CO2 scrubber.... I can't squeeze it any faster captain , I'm giving it all I've got.......Bad GB, Bad Bad GB. :biggrin:

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
There is somebody over there that actually thought that the "Lime" they were looking for was the actual fruit. And not the chemical lime. Is it just me , or is that absolutely completely knee slapping snort laughing funny.

I know I am evil aren't I? I can just picture them squeezing the limes into the CO2 scrubber.... I can't squeeze it any faster captain , I'm giving it all I've got.......Bad GB, Bad Bad GB. :biggrin:
OMG seriously? Someone actually thought that?! That is freaking HILARIOUS!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

:laughing:

Good GB! :D

S

Stonelesscutter

LMAO!!!
I wanted to green ya but apparently I've been greening you too much lately so it won't let me. :)

G

Graybrew1

Exactly! The thought is all that matters.

Although I'll take GB's green in her place if you don't mind... :D

Yeah, sounds good to me, and I can take your green next time he can't green you too , right? ;)

G

Graybrew1

Are there really that many new posters over at Syfy that are joining just to say, that they hate Syfy and love SGU, or are half of them the same people. How do they create so many accounts at the same time? You have to supply an email address, how many email addresses do these people have and why now, when the show is ending in a couple of eps? When it is completely pointless? :confused:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Are there really that many new posters over at Syfy that are joining just to say, that they hate Syfy and love SGU, or are half of them the same people. How do they create so many accounts at the same time? You have to supply an email address, how many email addresses do these people have and why now, when the show is ending in a couple of eps? When it is completely pointless? :confused:

I call it LGB (last gasp behavior). On the SGU Awareness Facebook page, they boasted like 7500 friends, but the activity to support such a group was just not evident. The same three or four people posting on the wall, but nothing from all the others that were supposedly involved. Fortunately for us, Facebook and similar (Twitter) are easily "gamed" and the studios and showrunners know that. After all, they did the same thing to hype the show in the first place. :icon_e_wink: