Syfy Forums

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
I call it LGB (last gasp behavior). On the SGU Awareness Facebook page, they boasted like 7500 friends, but the activity to support such a group was just not evident. The same three or four people posting on the wall, but nothing from all the others that were supposedly involved. Fortunately for us, Facebook and similar (Twitter) are easily "gamed" and the studios and showrunners know that. After all, they did the same thing to hype the show in the first place. :icon_e_wink:
Exactly. FB and Twitter both turned into one-way advertising tools, very rapidly.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Exactly. FB and Twitter both turned into one-way advertising tools, very rapidly.

And this is exactly why I don't use them. I prefer my communications to be a two-way street. Why post on a FB page when the comment will only be deleted if it doesn't match the agenda of the page? Why bother replying to a tweet when it will only be blocked and/or go nowhere if it isn't in lockstep with the agenda of that person/group?

The recourse I do have is to simply not read those pages or tweets. Besides, such cynical and obvious attempts to shill an agenda are never successful. It's a waste of time to get tangled up in trying to counter the squees in that type of cyber environment. It's best just to let them rot in their empty echo chambers.

G

Graybrew1

We have a business FB page, and you have to pay per click if you want to list yourself as a "ad" . It gets quite expensive very quickly.

S

Stonelesscutter

Heard brian's giving away the blu-ray versions of all of Atlantis? No way.

Ehm.. Why is he doing that?
I'd like to have 'em.
But I doubt I'll be eligable after I tore apart his review.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Squall does giveaways every once in a while at Syfy.com, usually involving a tough SG question or an episode review (hey, we give cars... :P). Unfortunately it's usually only available to US residents.

A whole blu-ray set would be a first, though, but I haven't been able to find any confirmation of that on his forum...

G

Graybrew1

Squall does giveaways every once in a while at Syfy.com, usually involving a tough SG question or an episode review (hey, we give cars... :P). Unfortunately it's usually only available to US residents.

A whole blu-ray set would be a first, though, but I haven't been able to find any confirmation of that on his forum...

I read him saying he might think about it. But never that it was a done deal. Is he out there? So, that we can get confirmation from him? :confused:

S

Stonelesscutter

I can hear someone banging his head on the keyboard and kicking himself from a hundred miles away... :lol:

I'm trying to miss my keyboard coz I can't afford a new laptop, but yes. :D

G

Graybrew1

I think I controlled myself pretty good, but I did respond to the wonder that is Themainmaster(sp?) over there. I couldn't stop myself because he is now praising the idea of a cliffhanger ending. He thinks that it will make the fans "want" it so much that we will get it back. I don't know what adjectives I am allowed to use to describe this person. So.... I will let you all fill in the blanks for yourselves. Think it me as a Soprano's writer. LOL Comments?

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Speaking of Squall, we haven't seen much of him here lately. Wonder what he's up to...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Speaking of Squall, we haven't seen much of him here lately. Wonder what he's up to...

Running up and down the streets of new york in his jockeys causeing as much mayhem and havoc as he can! :D