Syfy Forums

McSheppard

GateFans Noob
I am looking forward to the premiere of season 2.5 tomorrow because of the activity on the Syfy board! There have been some great posts and discussions on the SGU during the mid-season break, specially from some great members like my friends Bandit and Cimmer, but I am curious to see what the reactions to Deliverance are going to be, and whether the fanboys from GW will be hitting that forum in order to sway opinions and attempt to drive viewership ratings up :)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
welcome to Gatefan :)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Welcome to the asylum, home of all the crazies. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w

There's no looking back now. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Welcome to the Monkeyhouse!

Bananas and soda are being served in the Atrium. :)

Bananas and soda??? Who broke open the budget? Mr. Anderson...again? :D

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
It could go either way IMO. Some will tune in to see the last ten who would normaly DVR it. Some won't bother at all because it's finishing without a proper ending.

The push to watch it should have come in the first half of season 2. If it does get movies before SGA I may cry :(

McSheppard

GateFans Noob
Thank you everyone. :)

It would be nice if you checked out the poll for the episode on the Syfy Deliverance thread and voted if you watch the episode, regardless of whether you are a fan or not. If Squall gets around to posting one there, that is.

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Thank you everyone. :)

It would be nice if you checked out the poll for the episode on the Syfy Deliverance thread and voted if you watch the episode, regardless of whether you are a fan or not. If Squall gets around to posting one there, that is.

Hey bud, since SGU is on late tonight, (10pm EST) I will be putting up the poll around 9pm ish. If folks want to vote, you have to sign up for a membership, and well all you guys are more than welcome. Except Rac80.........J/K! :p

McSheppard

GateFans Noob
Hey bud, since SGU is on late tonight, (10pm EST) I will be putting up the poll around 9pm ish. If folks want to vote, you have to sign up for a membership, and well all you guys are more than welcome. Except Rac80.........J/K! :p
Hahaha... I knew that would get your attention. :P

It could go either way IMO. Some will tune in to see the last ten who would normaly DVR it. Some won't bother at all because it's finishing without a proper ending.

The push to watch it should have come in the first half of season 2. If it does get movies before SGA I may cry :(
I agree. It could go either way, but not by much. So it is pretty much irrelevant.

No push to watch it at any time would have changed the fate of the show. Mallozzi and Wright were given the opportunity to make SGU more palatable to SG and SciFi fans during season 2 and they wasted it. There will not be any movies either. Neither SGU nor SGA, sad to say. :(

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Im already a member!:P and I won't be watching tonight- going to tape it and watch tomorrow or wed to do the review. :P

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Hey BG, how was the traffic last evening at the Syfy forum? I noticed you even had help from another mod...

McSheppard

GateFans Noob
I like this guy's post a lot. He used to just come and bash SGU in its early days, but has a much more balanced attitude imo:

Screen shot 2011-03-08 at 19.15.25.png
Screen shot 2011-03-08 at 19.15.46.png

McSheppard

GateFans Noob
Of course it is also sad to see all the people coming in and dumping on Syfy as if the network had done something wrong or unexpected, and as if Syfy was responsible for killing the Stargate franchise. :(

Copenhagen

GateFans Noob
Well, while I am extremely disappointed in the SyFy Channel. I do not hold them accountable for the destruction of Stargate. I have other bones to pick with SyFy, mainly I'd really love to know why they are showing, wrestling on a SyFy channel? I mean yeah, it's fiction, but is it really got any thing to do with science fiction? Only thing I can come up with is there just is not a lot of good SciFi on these days.

Like I said, FireFly looks really good. I really enjoyed those shows, that I watched of it. It was just good, no need to "Give it 6 shows to build characters". Those characters are rock solid right off the bat.

And, I've been watching the Science Channel a lot lately...very very awesome. I suggest if you have issues with SyFy, to give the Science Channel a try. I'm very impressed with the Science Channel "Sc" baby!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Julia Child in space?

Well, while I am extremely disappointed in the SyFy Channel. I do not hold them accountable for the destruction of Stargate. I have other bones to pick with SyFy, mainly I'd really love to know why they are showing, wrestling on a SyFy channel? I mean yeah, it's fiction, but is it really got any thing to do with science fiction? Only thing I can come up with is there just is not a lot of good SciFi on these days.

Like I said, FireFly looks really good. I really enjoyed those shows, that I watched of it. It was just good, no need to "Give it 6 shows to build characters". Those characters are rock solid right off the bat.

And, I've been watching the Science Channel a lot lately...very very awesome. I suggest if you have issues with SyFy, to give the Science Channel a try. I'm very impressed with the Science Channel "Sc" baby!

I see SyFy is pushing a cooking show now. A cooking show! Wrestling is bad enough but now they've added cooking?

It's so weird. Sometimes SyFy hits the mark exactly and other times they miss by a mile.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Welcome :)

Theres been some debate, as to wether syfy have wrestling on there two generate revenue for other shows. That profit has to go somewhere, why not the scifi shows they are trying to make.

@Brian any news on the syfy shows in the works? we had the brief outlines for those shows but any movement would be cool to know :)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Squall, you still have time to post a ratings prediction like you used to do on GW. Of course it would only be worth half the points since the episode has aired and you've had time to check the interest on Syfy during the broadcast... :icon_lol:

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Squall, you still have time to post a ratings prediction like you used to do on GW. Of course it would only be worth half the points since the episode has aired and you've had time to check the interest on Syfy during the broadcast... :icon_lol:

I have an idea what the numbers will be, but then again could be surprised. lol.