SW: T.O.R

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Been meaning to pick up Skyrim but haven't gotten around to it yet. I do like Bethesda. Fallout 3 is one of my all time fave games. (Fallout New Vegas was just sort of meh I thought)
DO IT.

be warned tho it will eat up a substatial part of your life after purchase.. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I got this last night but have not played it after installing it. I was chatting with OMNBI and he has offered tips.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
so gatefan, you playing TOR? or given it a spin?
About to start downloading it, everyone is home today so I'm even more scattered than usual.
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM ---
25 gig, it's bigger than WoW :lol:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Still downloading, but I guess we should ask the question of people are gonna play this togeather
Sith or Republic?

OMNI

About to start downloading it, everyone is home today so I'm even more scattered than usual.
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM ---
25 gig, it's bigger than WoW :lol:
aye 25 gigs.. all that dialog and dif dialog choices..

Still downloading, but I guess we should ask the question of people are gonna play this togeather
Sith or Republic?
yeah i cant afford to waste 25gbs atm but when i can you can be sure as shit stains on a mans undies that ill be here, and my first play throughs ill be going empire but i intend to play one or two of the jedi stories aswell.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Sith or Jedi?
there are 2 classes for each faction.

OMNI

Sith or Jedi?
there are 2 classes for each faction.
when i first play ill be doing sith sorcerer then a sith warrior after that i may consider the jedi ones.
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM ---
sorcerer is snaeky and force power based so if you like shooting force lightning and screaming UNLIMITED POWER when you do thats the one for you, the warrior is more of a tank but can still choke people and stuffs :) the jedi classes are the same but with lamer powers and overall goodie toochoo crap forced on you.

EMPIRE gives you alot more freedom so to speak.. and you can still play all classes or jedi/siths either darkside neutral or lightside... (not a hard choice for me there tho :rolleyes: )

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
when i first play ill be doing sith sorcerer then a sith warrior after that i may consider the jedi ones.
I have browsed through the skills and such of each side, and they are relatively similar, so either side does not matter to me. I would however prefer to concentrate on one character to start with, so if we make a guild or whatever I don't have to start again.
I am going to assume that OM would prolly choose Empire as well though.

OMNI

i will say this haing played and watched alot of others play.. EMPIRE and sith is ALOT more fun and satircal and evil and FUNNY then the all moral all the time jedi :D

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
As I wouldn't play a Force user to start with, neither side bothers me :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
aye 25 gigs.. all that dialog and dif dialog choices..

yeah i cant afford to waste 25gbs atm but when i can you can be sure as shit stains on a mans undies that ill be here, and my first play throughs ill be going empire but i intend to play one or two of the jedi stories aswell.

What is it with you Europeans and your phobia of toilet paper and showers? :icon_lol:

OMNI

As I wouldn't play a Force user to start with, neither side bothers me :)
i see going for the bounty hunter soldier or scoundrel then are we? cool!
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM ---
What is it with you Europeans and your phobia of toilet paper and showers? :icon_lol:
:rotflmao:
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM ---
just to clarify THAT would be the continental Euros you are refering to :D
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM ---
you know like the DUTCH :rolleyes:

OMNI

downloading at a steady pace of an avrage 300kb/s... this is going to take a while..

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
2 hours at a similar rate so far
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM ---
looks like 3 hours in total to DL

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ok.
Been playing for around 2hrs total now as an Imperial agent.
Observations.
Graphic-wise, it's much smoother than WoW, but does not seem as colourful as WoW is.
Interactions: These are cool, in a limited way so if you have ever played either KOTOR's, it will be *very* familiar, to the point that if you don't see anyone else playing, you could quite easily feel you are just playing another KOTOR.
Storyline/quests: On a par with WoW, go here, kill this or collect that, pretty standard for a free roaming game.

For Free, it's worth a whirl if you are a fan of the SW-verse, for Pay to play, I dunno. Most people pay for "end-game" content (which you don't get in the free version) or PvP battlegrounds which I have read pretty colflicting reports on (too much stun/crowd control mainly).
I say if you like SW, give it a run, you have nothing to loose.