SW: T.O.R

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
slide.jpg

Seeing as though Omni fell down on the job............
https://account.swtor.com/play-free

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
No, been busy today and have to be up early Mrs GF Doctors apointment (5am!!)
Will give it a go soon though.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
having seen some full playthruoghs of a couple stories i know for a fact that it is good storytelling in it :)

and sorry GF76 ive had my mind elsewhere namly SKYRIM for the last 36 or so hours now :D
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 3:16 AM ---
be warned tho if you are not a fan of standar WOW type gameplay this might not be for you tho i recomend giving it a go as the storie are quite good.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
having seen some full playthruoghs of a couple stories i know for a fact that it is good storytelling in it :)

and sorry GF76 ive had my mind elsewhere namly SKYRIM for the last 36 or so hours now :D
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 3:16 AM ---
be warned tho if you are not a fan of standar WOW type gameplay this might not be for you tho i recomend giving it a go as the storie are quite good.

Skyrim eh, Bethesda does some good work. I have been meaning to check it out at some stage ever since Elder scrolls on my old Xbox.

OMNI

Skyrim eh, Bethesda does some good work. I have been meaning to check it out at some stage ever since Elder scrolls on my old Xbox.
def worth cehcking out, if you intend to run it on pc tho be sure your pc is up to spec ;)
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 3:54 AM ---
and after about 18h of total gameplay time ive only done 3 of the main story missions for skyrim... there's like a millin sidequests and lore stuff.. and the open world is just brilliant..

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
def worth cehcking out, if you intend to run it on pc tho be sure your pc is up to spec ;)
Should be, TOR is older than MoP, and that runs fine. As for skyrim, that would be on my PS3

OMNI

Should be, TOR is older than MoP, and that runs fine. As for skyrim, that would be on my PS3
aye tor isnt resource heavy, tho the game client at 25gb is inzane... so MUCH audio
and skyrim for ps3? yeah that'll work fine tho it wont look nearly as good as the PC version :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
aye tor isnt resource heavy, tho the game client at 25gb is inzane... so MUCH audio
and skyrim for ps3? yeah that'll work fine tho it wont look nearly as good as the PC version :)
It will look better on the 40" HDTV than my 17" lappy screen :D

OMNI

note that mists of pandaria is on an ANCIENTgame engine so dont call that new :P
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 4:10 AM ---
It will look better on the 40" HDTV than my 17" lappy screen :D
actually it wont.. as the PS3's are OLD and outdated going on 8 years now.. so you wont have 1080p and also the gamegraphics are dumbed down on console releases majorly so too...
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 4:11 AM ---
PC will allways rule over consoles ;) anyway the game is worth playing regardless ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
note that mists of pandaria is on an ANCIENTgame engine so dont call that new :P
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 4:10 AM ---
Not new, but tweaked to be sure.
actually it wont.. as the PS3's are OLD and outdated going on 8 years now.. so you wont have 1080p and also the gamegraphics are dumbed down on console releases majorly so too...
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 4:11 AM ---
PC will allways rule over consoles ;) anyway the game is worth playing regardless ;)
Meh, I like both, consoles are just far more intuative to me for many games.

OMNI

Not new, but tweaked to be sure.

Meh, I like both, consoles are just far more intuative to me for many games.
sure there are some games you need a controller for but i say just get yourself an xbox one that plugs into your puter for thatm personally i lothe consoles as they become obsolete so fast compared to a PC which you can by new hardware for and update it unlike console where you need to buy the new console (if they have even made one.)

and tweaked yes but FAR from as heavy as SWTOR is.
--- merged: Nov 18, 2012 at 4:21 AM ---
and when there is a new console its already outdated when released to the public..

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
No doubt that consoles are "pedestrian gaming", but hey, if you don't want to update all the time........

OMNI

No doubt that consoles are "pedestrian gaming", but hey, if you don't want to update all the time........
true i guess.. i personally used to fanboi on consoles as to me they were all the rage and i was faithfull to playstation to the bitter end, tho ive rescently swung more towards PC for various reasons the main reason probably being backwards compatibility ie i can play new and old games and it matters not and i dont have to re-aquire them just BC i updated my OS, tho i will admit MS is doing all it can to cut that ability which each OS update and its pissing me off for sure.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I think working for a games store (pc/console) robbed me of any fanboi tendancies, I like em both for different things :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Been meaning to pick up Skyrim but haven't gotten around to it yet. I do like Bethesda. Fallout 3 is one of my all time fave games. (Fallout New Vegas was just sort of meh I thought)