SW: T.O.R

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
set any time you like as you are well aware my waking hours tend to drift quite heavily so im sure we'll get alot of oportunities to play who know i may even catch up to you seeing as ive been playing for about 12h a day rescently :P, and no i made myself a sith warrior ie dual sabers and tank more fitting to me to jump in on people and bash their brains in then staying back and shooting lightning from afar.

already about to hit lvl 5 with the warrior now so i might do alot of catching up before we get a chance to unite :)

Ahhh, Sith Warrior, ok.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
:P

ok ive had me some breakfest so im going to go level my warrior some more :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
OK, so, if you are having brekkie, and I am at 9-10pm, we are pretty much at time opposites. Hmmmmmmmm
Needs some work.

OMNI

--- merged: Dec 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM ---
My new characters entry to the second planet you get to visit, now playing as a Sith Warrior class hence the dif voice but i stuck with the face i made for my inquisitor.

also in retrospect i do kinda feel bad for the frail little slave... he caught me on a bad day tho.. so yall be warned DONT cross my path when im in a certain mood... Shiftyeyes*

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I know this thread is for the gaming and tech aspect mainly. I watched the trailers and 'cut scene' vid's from the game as well-awhile back.

Just wondering, this game is set like 3,000 yrs before Episode 1, yes? If so, how is it it seems that the galaxy and its people have not much advanced in tech, ships, weapons-or clothing in all the time between?

I know it is 'canon' as it was approved by Lucas Arts just like Force Unleashed

OMNI

I know this thread is for the gaming and tech aspect mainly. I watched the trailers and 'cut scene' vid's from the game as well-awhile back.

Just wondering, this game is set like 3,000 yrs before Episode 1, yes? If so, how is it it seems that the galaxy and its people have not much advanced in tech, ships, weapons-or clothing in all the time between?

I know it is 'canon' as it was approved by Lucas Arts just like Force Unleashed
20k years of gallactic history makes the galaxy EXTREEMLY post technological hence quite stagnant... too me i think it fits with the SW universe we know ie its been a space faring technological place for thousands upon thousands of years so tech isnt really impressive its kinda just there and has allways been..
basicly stagnant.. cept for the everlasting good vs evil wars going on..

and hey since its F2P now why dont you give it a go?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
20k years of gallactic history makes the galaxy EXTREEMLY post technological hence quite stagnant... too me i think it fits with the SW universe we know ie its been a space faring technological place for thousands upon thousands of years so tech isnt really impressive its kinda just there and has allways been..
basicly stagnant.. cept for the everlasting good vs evil wars going on..

and hey since its F2P now why dont you give it a go?

Ok, sounds good to me...but in 20,000 yrs they never came across transparent aluminum?

Maybe I will play...come and hunt you down :tealc-gun02: :anim_59:

OMNI

Ok, sounds good to me...but in 20,000 yrs they never came across transparent aluminum?

Maybe I will play...come and hunt you down :tealc-gun02: :anim_59:

nope! or maybe they did, 20k years is a long frickin time imagine how much tech has been invented then forgotten then re-invented etc etc, how many civilasations have been wiped out and had new ones spring up move in or take over only to be abandoned or eaten by the sands of time (tattoine), hell according to evolutionary theory we humans went from cave dwelling monkeys to what we are now in like 10k years so...
--- merged: Dec 5, 2012 at 12:59 AM ---
and give the game a go as it doesnt cost you anything but time as it gets quite addictive pretty fast :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
nope! or maybe they did, 20k years is a long frickin time imagine how much tech has been invented then forgotten then re-invented etc etc, how many civilasations have been wiped out and had new ones spring up move in or take over only to be abandoned or eaten by the sands of time (tattoine), hell according to evolutionary theory we humans went from cave dwelling monkeys to what we are now in like 10k years so...
--- merged: Dec 5, 2012 at 12:59 AM ---
and give the game a go as it doesnt cost you anything but time as it gets quite addictive pretty fast :P

It is a bit...............
Omni and I are both on the pacific PvP server ( there is only one ) jump in and smash heads with the dark side guys :P

OMNI

It is a bit...............
Omni and I are both on the pacific PvP server ( there is only one ) jump in and smash heads with the dark side guys :P
giving characters shit for being pussies and not bad ass enough since november 2012 :P

OMNI

ok reached lvl 50 with my Marauder yesterday and today (with the help of gf76) i was able to beat the final story mode boss,

so having gone lvl 1-50 as f2p what can i say about the game and the marauder story.

its a pretty good game really and ive found myself enjoying it alot tho it is as WoW very grindy or maybe not grindy just very very VERY long as its taken me what 2 weeks to get to the endgame but in between there was ALOT of story most of it pretty cool tho questing is grindy as hell and after a while you kinda just dont care about them, but the class ones have the story i gave a damn about and i really enjoyed those, as for the game its pretty refined no real in your face bugs and stuff basicly very polished given the budget they had making it. going in i fully expected that by the time i reached lvl 50 with my 1st character i would be sick of the game but actually im not i enjoy it, the friends i have gotten thru it the humor etc all outweights the minor bad annoyances i have with the game and as such i am going in for more starting a new character a JEDI this time on the republic side.. donno if ill bother going full lightside with it.. most likly ill go dark as its just more fun but we'll see.

ok going back for more.
--- merged: Dec 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM ---
ok i have decided. will be doing a DS jediknight/sentinel next :D the major thing that sold it is the playstyle ie a jedi version of the sith marauder i played 1-50 on just now also has David Hayter as the voice actor! DARKSIDE JEDI SOLID SNAKE FTW!

OMNI

--- merged: Jan 21, 2013 at 4:01 AM ---
or rather a Swede and an Aussie walk into a bar in SWTOR to take a break from all their worries in a galaxy far far away and this is what happens...

note.. GF76 is also feeling sort of... blue.. :P

OMNI

some gameplay footage from a fight me and GF76 got into 30 or so minutes ago.

(the music is me running it in the BG along with the game thats the only reason it got recorded) anyway this is how the game play looks.​

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Damn, that game looks good.

OMNI

Damn, that game looks good.
join us on the darkside dude! and shoot some lightning out yer butt and enslave a bunch of companions to do yer bidding or be your hrrm.. other type of slaves.... not to mention all the killing and funny moments you encounter in the dialouge being a baddie..