SW: T.O.R

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ok downloaded completely and after all that time i got "system incompatible" bs.

this is what i have:
dell with windows vista

process-intell 450@2.20ghz 2.19ghz
ram-1.99 GB
system-32 bit

what do i need to run this?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ok downloaded completely and after all that time i got "system incompatible" bs.

this is what i have:
dell with windows vista

process-intell 450@2.20ghz 2.19ghz
ram-1.99 GB
system-32 bit

what do i need to run this?

Right click, then select Compatibility. Let the system determine the best setting. If you have an ATI card in your computer, then OMNI's comment would have some bearing. You need Nvidia or a similarly compatible GPU. I strongly recommmend upgrading to Windows 7 Pro or even Home. Vista was born deformed.
--- merged: Feb 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM ---
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=363&game=Star Wars: The Old Republic
--- merged: Feb 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM ---
im guessing it may be your gpu?

If he has an ATI graphics card, you are probably correct. Nvidia's work best for any game.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Right click, then select Compatibility. Let the system determine the best setting. If you have an ATI card in your computer, then OMNI's comment would have some bearing. You need Nvidia or a similarly compatible GPU. I strongly recommmend upgrading to Windows 7 Pro or even Home. Vista was born deformed.
--- merged: Feb 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM ---

If he has an ATI graphics card, you are probably correct. Nvidia's work best for any game.
not the point.

recomended specs for swtor is a GPU with atleast 1gb if 512 or lower game wont run and if it does it will be by .5 FPS.
--- merged: Feb 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM ---
also just going "rightclick select compatibility" is quite vague, and before commenting id atleast look into the requirements of the game if i were you rather then coming off as some know-it-all that knows nothing-at-all.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
uh,ok..right click on what exactly?

also, don't think i am going to buy anything just to play a free game...
thx

OMNI

thx
yeah like i said.. very vague statement by the overmind even me who knows my computers is having a hard time grasping what that advice is good for...

and i feel ya dude! shame it wouldnt run for ya :/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
not the point.

recomended specs for swtor is a GPU with atleast 1gb if 512 or lower game wont run and if it does it will be by .5 FPS.
--- merged: Feb 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM ---
also just going "rightclick select compatibility" is quite vague, and before commenting id atleast look into the requirements of the game if i were you rather then coming off as some know-it-all that knows nothing-at-all.

IMPOSSIBLE, sorry! :). If I said something like that about you and CGI you would be insulted. I have been doing this type of work in IT for a very very long time. I did not expect such a disrespectful statement from you. Hopefully it was not intentional. :)

Step by step for Compatibility:

• Find the shortcut for starting the game (on desktop or in programs list)
  • Right click
  • Choose Troubleshoot Compatibility
  • A window will come up saying "detecting issues"
  • When done, there will be a button that says "Start program". IGNORE THIS.
  • Click Next
  • Click the top one that says "Save setting for this program"
For SW:TOR, the GPU compatibility list is here: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=363&canMyGpuRunIt=Star Wars: The Old Republic
Still, I would recommend only Nvidia cards for any game.
--- merged: Feb 4, 2013 at 5:30 PM ---
yeah like i said.. very vague statement by the overmind even me who knows my computers is having a hard time grasping what that advice is good for...

I have posted more specific instructions.
--- merged: Feb 4, 2013 at 5:32 PM ---

thx

Check to see if your GPU is on the compatibility list I posted, and if it is then try the Compatibility Mode troubleshooter. If that does not work, there are other ways to get it to work.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
IMPOSSIBLE, sorry! :). If I said something like that about you and CGI you would be insulted. I have been doing this type of work in IT for a very very long time. I did not expect such a disrespectful statement from you. Hopefully it was not intentional. :)

• Right click
  • Click Next
For SW:TOR, the GPU compatibility list is here: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=363&canMyGpuRunIt=Star Wars: The Old Republic

--- merged: Feb 4, 2013 at 5:30 PM ---

--- merged: Feb 4, 2013 at 5:32 PM ---

Check to see if your GPU is on the compatibility list I posted, and if it is then try the Compatibility Mode troubleshooter. If that does not work, there are other ways to get it to work.

ok thx i'll try it..tomorrow or next day or sometime :rolleye0014:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Right click, then select Compatibility. Let the system determine the best setting. [...] .

[...]

thx

:rotflmao::laughing::crying-028::smiley-laughing024::icon_rotflmao:

OMNI

• Right click
  • Click Next

--- merged: Feb 5, 2013 1:30 AM ---

--- merged: Feb 5, 2013 1:32 AM ---

1.your oppinion on the quality of my work means absolutly jack shit to me unless you are a client, i supose thats the difference between you and me ie you care how people percieve you and have some need to be verified and it should be pretty clear by now i do not (i do get off on bringing people who care about what others think down though but thats hardly a secret) :popcorn: ;)

2. oh rest asured it was most intentional. :D

3. yes NOW after both me and yong commenting on the previous vague-ness. :rolleyes:

4. if your hardware isnt up to par i doubt you could FORCE it to work regardless of how much you'd like it too.

:bashtechie::lol:
--- merged: Feb 5, 2013 8:49 AM ---
ps. masturbates furiously* :rotflmao::popcorn:
--- merged: Feb 5, 2013 8:53 AM ---
(note excessive use of smilies so OM1 wont get his panties in a bunch.)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
1.your oppinion on the quality of my work means absolutly jack shit to me unless you are a client, i supose thats the difference between you and me ie you care how people percieve you and have some need to be verified and it should be pretty clear by now i do not (i do get off on bringing people who care about what others think down though but thats hardly a secret) :popcorn: ;)

2. oh rest asured it was most intentional. :D

3. yes NOW after both me and yong commenting on the previous vague-ness. :rolleyes:

4. if your hardware isnt up to par i doubt you could FORCE it to work regardless of how much you'd like it too.

:bashtechie::lol:
--- merged: Feb 5, 2013 8:49 AM ---
ps. masturbates furiously* :rotflmao::popcorn:
--- merged: Feb 5, 2013 8:53 AM ---
(note excessive use of smilies so OM1 wont get his panties in a bunch.)

:rotflmao::lol::smiley-laughing024::anim_35:

:cheerful: