So how was your day?

S

Stonelesscutter

I'm not a huge "Rock" follower either (dispite my Avi), there are quite a few movies he's been in that I have not (and probably won't) watch. Hell, the rock avi started as a joke, but I'm too lazy to change it :D

Which Rock movies DID you see?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Which Rock movies DID you see?

Walking tall
Welcome to the jungle
Return to Witch mountain
Scorpion King (the mummy one and the stand alone one)

Walking tall was probably the best one objectively speaking, but Welcome to the jungle was alot of fun to watch.

G

Graybrew1

Walking tall
Welcome to the jungle
Return to Witch mountain

Walking tall was probably the best one objectively speaking, but Welcome to the jungle was alot of fun to watch.

No Tooth Fairy or Get Smart?

Tropicana

Council Member
Been watching loads of documenataries on the BBC iPlayer.

Watched a doc called, "Versailles: The Dream of a King" and how King Louis XIV influenced the expansion of the Palace of Versailles from a simple hunting chateau owned by his father to become a grand impressive palace. Also, on his character as well, apparently was quite impressive in bed and even suffered an anal fistula.

Now watching the 4 episodes of "If Walls Could Talk: The History of the Home" where Doctor Lucy Worsley (a Historian) talks about the evolution of rooms (bedroom, kitchen, living room and bathroom) from middle ages to present day. Awesome documentaries. Learnt the origins of many terms like, "Making the bed", "Hitting the sack", "Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite", also learnt the lighting of bundles of sticks (word beginning the letter F) and that one would prelight the oven with a smaller bunch of sticks called, pimps. So Pimps and F., which was rather amusing.

S

Stonelesscutter

Walking tall
Welcome to the jungle
Return to Witch mountain

I was just looking him up on IMDB and noticed he was also in Voyager. :)
I think I saw Welcome to the Jungle a long time ago. It was probably fun, but I don't really remember.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I was just looking him up on IMDB and noticed he was also in Voyager. :)
I think I saw Welcome to the Jungle a long time ago. It was probably fun, but I don't really remember.

He got to have a bit of biff with 7 of 9 :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Been watching loads of documenataries on the BBC iPlayer.

Watched a doc called, "Versailles: The Dream of a King" and how King Louis XIV influenced the expansion of the Palace of Versailles from a simple hunting chateau owned by his father to become a grand impressive palace. Also, on his character as well, apparently was quite impressive in bed and even suffered an anal fistula.

Now watching the 4 episodes of "If Walls Could Talk: The History of the Home" where Doctor Lucy Worsley (a Historian) talks about the evolution of rooms (bedroom, kitchen, living room and bathroom) from middle ages to present day. Awesome documentaries. Learnt the origins of many terms like, "Making the bed", "Hitting the sack", "Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite", also learnt the lighting of bundles of sticks (word beginning the letter F) and that one would prelight the oven with a smaller bunch of sticks called, pimps. So Pimps and F., which was rather amusing.

When Mrs GF teaches Shakespeare, she always has a section on the insults used in his plays. It's amazing how the language has evolved over time isn't it?

Tropicana

Council Member
When Mrs GF teaches Shakespeare, she always has a section on the insults used in his plays. It's amazing how the language has evolved over time isn't it?
Aye. It's so interesting to learn about it. I love learning these sort of things.

Also, another amusing thing I learnt was Bidets. Not that popular here in the UK anyway, but back in the 18th Century France, it was only prostitutes that use them, to freshen themselves up for the next customer. Hence, in the UK, it was seen unlady-like, or uncivilised to have Bidets, hence why it's not popular here now.

S

Stonelesscutter

Aye. It's so interesting to learn about it. I love learning these sort of things.

Also, another amusing thing I learnt was Bidets. Not that popular here in the UK anyway, but back in the 18th Century France, it was only prostitutes that use them, to freshen themselves up for the next customer. Hence, in the UK, it was seen unlady-like, or uncivilised to have Bidets, hence why it's not popular here now.

Bidets are not popular around here either.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You need to modify them, like "Mythbusters" does when they say "if something is worth doing it's worth overdoing". and add a compressor to boost the water pressure to a couple of hundred P.S.I.

S

Stonelesscutter

You need to modify them, like "Mythbusters" does when they say "if something is worth doing it's worth overdoing". and add a compressor to boost the water pressure to a couple of hundred P.S.I.

Hehehhe. Lol.
And if that doesn't turn out too well you can always blow it up!
Explosions, goooooood.

G

Graybrew1

That is just disgusting.

:puke: