S

Stonelesscutter

*** puts on an innocent face ***
So, my day was pretty quiet.
Sat in the sun.
Bought some ice cream.
Watched a movie.
Got some kebab with fries. :)
Now laying in bed watching a movie again.
Da Vinci Code.
Never seen it before.
Looking pretty good so far.

G

Graybrew1

Sat in the sun.
Bought some ice cream.
Watched a movie.
Da Vinci Code.
Never seen it before.

I loved that movie and the sequel too. :icon_e_smile:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Was a prequel. I liked the book but then I read one of his other books and they're all the same, just different conspiracy.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Sat in the sun.
Bought some ice cream.
Watched a movie.
Da Vinci Code.
Never seen it before.
What sauce did you get on your fries? Last time I visited your country they had about 30 different choices even at a small stand, not counting chopped onions, relish and other 'toppings'.
Here we only have Ketchup, Mayo, or both :(

S

Stonelesscutter

What sauce did you get on your fries? Last time I visited your country they had about 30 different choices even at a small stand, not counting chopped onions, relish and other 'toppings'.
Here we only have Ketchup, Mayo, or both :(

I didn't have any sauce.
But it was a piece of bread stuffed with kebab and fries together. :) It's awesome.
And generally there aren't that many sauces to choose from.
I've never seen a place with as many as you mentioned.
Usually it is mayo (here we have Belgian or Dutch), ketchup, curry, pindasaus (also known as satehsauce) and something called Joppie.

G

Graybrew1

Hah!
What a coincidence!
I just got that one.
Saw the last part of it on tv today and it seemed worth a looksee.
Then I saw that they're gonna show Da Vinci Code soon so I got that one as well. :)

Sounds like you need to make some popcorn and hunker down. :biggrin:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Low carb pizza

I am eating THIS pizza right now. :) I started with one large low carb whole wheat tortilla by Mission (7 net carbs):

Here is the tortilla with the Ragu Pizza Sauce (less than 1/2 carb for 5 teaspoons of sauce)

precook.jpg

Preheat the oven to 375 and top that tortilla with the sauce with your toppings. This one has Italian sausage (cooked from scratch), pepperoni wedges (made from quartering large pepperoni slices, I used three slices which yielded 12 wedges), grated mozzarella (ungrated cheese bought in bulk from Smart & Final), and pepper and salt and a dash of basil leaves. Here is the finished pizza after 15 minutes.

mypizza.jpg

Mmmmmm. :)

G

Graybrew1

I am eating THIS pizza right now. :) I started with one large low carb whole wheat tortilla by Mission (7 net carbs):

Here is the tortilla with the Ragu Pizza Sauce (less than 1/2 carb for 5 teaspoons of sauce)

View attachment 4164

Preheat the oven to 375 and top that tortilla with the sauce with your toppings. This one has Italian sausage (cooked from scratch), pepperoni wedges (made from quartering large pepperoni slices, I used three slices which yielded 12 wedges), grated mozzarella (ungrated cheese bought in bulk from Smart & Final), and pepper and salt and a dash of basil leaves. Here is the finished pizza after 15 minutes.

View attachment 4163

Mmmmmm. :)

Sounds Good, I like pizza but I only like it when it is made with whole grain wheat. Besides the whole health factor thing, I have grown to actually prefer the taste of it. :beckettu:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I didn't have any sauce.
But it was a piece of bread stuffed with kebab and fries together. :) It's awesome.
And generally there aren't that many sauces to choose from.
I've never seen a place with as many as you mentioned.
Usually it is mayo (here we have Belgian or Dutch), ketchup, curry, pindasaus (also known as satehsauce) and something called Joppie.
Hmmm... come to think of it I'm not sure, it could have been in Belgium. It was either Leuven or Antwerpen. Anyway I had provencale.

S

Stonelesscutter

Hmmm... come to think of it I'm not sure, it could have been in Belgium. It was either Leuven or Antwerpen. Anyway I had provencale.

Both Leuven and Antwerpen are in Belgium.
It could very well be that they have a lot of different sauces there.
I like my fries with salt on em, nothing more.
Occassionally I will get crazy and take a little bit of ketchup or if I really go all out a bit of pindasaus. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Excuse me?

Both Leuven and Antwerpen are in Belgium.
It could very well be that they have a lot of different sauces there.
I like my fries with salt on em, nothing more.
Occassionally I will get crazy and take a little bit of ketchup or if I really go all out a bit of pindasaus. :)

A pindawhat???

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It's a peanut sauce, if memory serves. ;)

Don't be so sure. Remember, he's Dutch. It's probably something very, very filthy!

I would Google translate it but I don't want to go blind, thank you very much.

S

Stonelesscutter

Don't be so sure. Remember, he's Dutch. It's probably something very, very filthy!

I would Google translate it but I don't want to go blind, thank you very much.

Lol.
Terran's right.
It's a peanut based sauce and it can be quite good actually.
If you ever get to Holland be sure to try some. ;)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Lol.
Terran's right.
It's a peanut based sauce and it can be quite good actually.
If you ever get to Holland be sure to try some. ;)
Sorry for my terrible geography. :redface: I have friends in Gent and Brussel I visit every once in a while. It seems like I didn't quite make it far enough to the North!
Anyway I'll try the peanut sauce when I get the chance to and I'll let you know. Kebab with fries (and yogurt/garlic sauce) is something we also have a lot around here :D